MCI CNGs Now For Sale

Wow, I can't believe they're really going...

http://www.thebusstore.com/vehicle/listingdisplayprint.aspx?lid=1516

They have 7077 pictured, and say they have 50 more units to sell. Haven't been seeing less in service out of Howell lately, so I'd imagine they'd be getting more units to sell as the Designlines come in.

Obviously now they're being sold to this sales company, probably already set in stone so no matter how the Designline situation turns out these will be out the door. Gonna miss 'em! Get your last rides folks.

Also note how they specify "new gas cylinders". Obviously these now have recertified/new tanks, yet they're still getting replaced. Maybe the sales company replaced the tanks so they could sell them?

The site says they have new tanks though.

Well in that case NICE could buy them...it also says the buses were refurbished with new engines and seats, sounds like the sales co. may be having the work done. Wouldn't make sense for NJT to since they are getting rid of them. They will be missed...and missed even more once the Designlemons are out in force.

Well in that case NICE could buy them...it also says the buses were refurbished with new engines and seats, sounds like the sales co. may be having the work done. Wouldn't make sense for NJT to since they are getting rid of them. They will be missed...and missed even more once the Designlemons are out in force.

They did get a major refurbishment from NJT that involved new LED signs, replaced seats, and I'm guessing engine/transmission refurbishments too. The sales co. probably just replaced the tanks, other than that they're in great working order, clean, maintained very well.

Also, they are selling the ENTIRE FLEET it looks like. 28 (typo for 26) 1999 units and 50 2000 units, I only noticed the 50 earlier.

The ad smells fishy to me. The cost of the tanks and to replace them since they are under coach would be costly.

They obviously seem to have 7077 in their possession. I don't know how they'd be able to get away with claiming the tanks are certified when they're not, I mean when people actually buy the buses or stop by their place to check it out you'd imagine they'd make sure the truth was told...

They obviously seem to have 7077 in their possession. I don't know how they'd be able to get away with claiming the tanks are certified when they're not, I mean when people actually buy the buses or stop by their place to check it out you'd imagine they'd make sure the truth was told...

They could convert them to diesel. Just sayin.

Aftermarket conversions are possible down the line.

If the tanks are really new/recerted they're probably trying to sell to a customer that wants to run the buses on CNG. A diesel operator could pick those up for much less with the buses already running on diesel, with no conversion cost either.

If the tanks are really new/recerted they're probably trying to sell to a customer that wants to run the buses on CNG. A diesel operator could pick those up for much less with the buses already running on diesel, with no conversion cost either.

I was just mentioning the possibility. Doubtful, but still possible.

Hmmm, I'm hearing that a TA out in California has bought 7076 (IIRC wrecked and hasn't been here for a long time), fixed it and now has it in service still running on CNG. Then again it could be another unit, but it's my understanding that they do have an ex-NJT MCI CNG of some sort.

Ive tried searching this topic, but can't find anything... why exactly are some of the CNG's identical in appearance to the D4000's with the steel under carriage doors, and the rest retained their original appearance?

Could be that the original carriage doors on such units were getting real bad or something.

Ive tried searching this topic, but can't find anything... why exactly are some of the CNG's identical in appearance to the D4000's with the steel under carriage doors, and the rest retained their original appearance?

Buses #7007, 7021 & 7065 were fitted with the stainless steel panels.

NICE has no use for MCI coach buses.

Archived