Tropical Storm Andrea will dump rain on Northeast into early Saturday

Harry

post-5097-0-44934100-1370620570_thumb.jpg
The first named tropical storm of hurricane season is hugging the East Coast as it heads north to unleash pounding rains on the city by midday Friday. Tropical Storm Andrea, which formed in the Gulf of Mexico, and its blustery conditions are expected to give Northern states a good soaking that could last into early Saturday morning, meteorologists said. The National Weather Service issued flash flood warnings for New York City and surrounding areas from 6 a.m. Friday through 2 p.m. Saturday.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-44934100-1370620570_thumb.jpg

Off topic but where I'm at we had two tornado warnings in one week, I believe as aftereffects of this storm. Just when I had to do repairs on the septic system and reseal faucet pipes in the house yet another tornado warning was announced. I shut all the water off already and this comes out of the blue. Raining like cats and dogs out here. Should be alright though, the warning should be cancelled by the time I post this.

http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/21133?phenomena=TO&significance=W&areaid=MDC005&office=KLWX&etn=0018

tornadowarning.jpg

Archived