Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Via Garibaldi 8

X28 petitions have officially begun

I received paper petitions from William Colton's office this evening.  Paper petitions will be passed around on X28 buses starting next week for the restoration of weekend service.  I will be riding X28 express buses to obtain signatures at some point next week. If anyone is interested in signing, please let me know.  If there is enough interest, I will start an electronic petition as well.

• Upvote 1

I received paper petitions from William Colton's office this evening. Paper petitions will be passed around on X28 buses starting next week for the restoration of weekend service. I will be riding X28 express buses to obtain signatures at some point next week. If anyone is interested in signing, please let me know. If there is enough interest, I will start an electronic petition as well.

If I get to the area you can have my signature. This needs to get done!

If I get to the area you can have my signature. This needs to get done!

I could've sworn you were against this....

--------

Keep us posted on the details, I'll sign if I can.

• Upvote 2

I'll be out most of the day today but I will put up an electronic one later on.  Friday I'll be on the X28 riding around to get signatures as well.

I'll be on the X28 next week, so if I see you I'll sign it for sure! I think this needs to be done, but then will the X17 still serve Bay Ridge, probably not. 

If you do choose to put up an electronic petition as far as everyone is concerned I now reside in C.I.

I'm all in favor of reinstating X28 weekend service while the (R) tunnel is closed.  If ridership is high enough then keep it running every 45 minutes or every hour.

I'm all in favor of reinstating X28 weekend service while the (R) tunnel is closed. If ridership is high enough then keep it running every 45 minutes or every hour.

Agreed
  • Upvote 1

--------

I was never completely against restoring x28 weekend service it was used well on Saturdays I only am against weak lines that are not needed x28 is not one of em it earned it's ridership and deserves better.

you left cali?

With all respect, I don't think that justifies more than this half assed reply.

• Upvote 3

I'll be on the X28 next week, so if I see you I'll sign it for sure! I think this needs to be done, but then will the X17 still serve Bay Ridge, probably not. 

There would be no need to have the X17 serve Dyker Heights and I have urged the representatives of the area to support this petition so that X17 riders on Staten Island can have a normal commute again.

--------

I thought QJT was always the one arguing that express buses are useless.

Can I sign via Internet?

There would be no need to have the X17 serve Dyker Heights and I have urged the representatives of the area to support this petition so that X17 riders on Staten Island can have a normal commute again.

Bay Ridge (some might say Fort Hamilton, but that's a subsection of Bay Ridge anyway) is on the west side of the expressway, so it does serve that neighborhood. The purpose was for X28 riders in Dyker Heights and points east, but it serves both neighborhoods.

And if you're going to come up with some kind of snarky response about "Oh, he's getting so technical", or "I wasn't talking to you" or any of that, save yourself the keystrokes.

I thought QJT was always the one arguing that express buses are useless.

He argues that they're useless if they don't have a highway segment, or if they parallel a rail line (and before he comes in here, I know that there are exceptions to that). But I don't know where you're getting that he thinks express buses in general are useless.

Edited by checkmatechamp13
  • Upvote 1

Bay Ridge (some might say Fort Hamilton, but that's a subsection of Bay Ridge anyway) is on the west side of the expressway, so it does serve that neighborhood. The purpose was for X28 riders in Dyker Heights and points east, but it serves both neighborhoods.

And if you're going to come up with some kind of snarky response about "Oh, he's getting so technical", or "I wasn't talking to you" or any of that, save yourself the keystrokes.

He argues that they're useless if they don't have a highway segment, or if they parallel a rail line (and before he comes in here, I know that there are exceptions to that). But I don't know where you're getting that he thinks express buses in general are useless.

I never argued if it served Bay Ridge because it does but that's not its primary ridership base or who we're looking to restore service for.  The point of bringing back the X28 is to serve those east of Bay Ridge because as far we're concerned the X27 is the bus for Bay Ridge, even if it runs all the way along Shore Road.  Those coming from points east of Bay Ridge, (i.e. Dyker Heights, Bath Beach, Bensonhurst, Sea Gate, etc.) to use the X27 are the people we're fighting to get service for and the petition notes that.

That is why I noted Dyker Heights as an example as opposed to Bay Ridge because it's a neighborhood east of Bay Ridge (albeit next to it) and it's important to distinguish that difference because they are not the same neighborhood, otherwise the (MTA) would argue that they could simply use the X27.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

The hell is the point of more X28 service when the (R) goes through Bay Ridge? That's X27 territory.

The electronic petition is now up and listed below.

I was the first to sign it.

For anyone concerned about their personal info, no worries there.  You can sign anonymously so that your personal information can remain PRIVATE as it is should be.   <_<

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/x28-weekend-service-petition.html

I will be riding the X28 on Friday for anyone who wants to sign the paper petition, which is being circulated by Assemblyman Colton's office.

The best is an understatement. Go Petition has been around since I was still logging onto random BBS's and AOL chats.

Memories...

Apparently letters have been drated to the (MTA) regarding bringing back the X28 on weekends.  Here is the link below:

http://www.bensonhurstbean.com/2013/06/gentile-wants-to-bring-back-weekend-x28-bus-service/

Great news. With any luck the (MTA) will act proactively and restore X28 service on weekends, which would be a valuable asset to the community now more than ever.

Great news. With any luck the (MTA) will act proactively and restore X28 service on weekends, which would be a valuable asset to the community now more than ever.

Indeed.