Bus Depots Question

j express

Would I get in trouble if I take pictures or film at bus depots? I plan to visit bus depots one day to get pictures.

it is not illegal to take pictures or film bus depots as long as you are not on the property. But you will run into someone who takes their job a little too seriously once in a while and will ask you to stop

Short answer is yes, but it depends on the depot. Places with CNG tanks are extra tight on the security usually, I've gotten stopped by security literally just for walking past Jackie Gleason with a camera, not even taking pictures. The guys were fine, but then again I wasn't taking pictures, so I wouldn't mess around with that.

My friends at 126th St Depot don't bother me when I am taking picture from M15 SBS stop, including MJQ Depot.

There was one nice security guard at LGA Depot who used to work there when Triboro GMC Fishbowl bus was sitting by 23rd Av/87th St in fenced gate, and he offered me to go inside to take picture it off because I was taking dangerous pictures of airplanes and buses on median on 23rd Av.

Manhattanville Depot doesn't bother me either when I am taking city and school bus pictures.

My friends at 126th St Depot don't bother me when I am taking picture from M15 SBS stop, including MJQ Depot.

There was one nice security guard at LGA Depot who used to work there when Triboro GMC Fishbowl bus was sitting by 23rd Av/87th St in fenced gate, and he offered me to go inside to take picture it off because I was taking dangerous pictures of airplanes and buses on median on 23rd Av.

Manhattanville Depot doesn't bother me either when I am taking city and school bus pictures.

I went to LGA depot. A secruity guard told me not to take photos very close to the bus depot. Since I was taking photos close the buses but I was on the sidewalk. He told me to go across the street to get photos or else he would call the cops. He just only gave me a warning. I went there today. Does anyone know why i can't take pictures very close to the buses?

I went to LGA depot. A secruity guard told me not to take photos very close to the bus depot. Since I was taking photos close the buses but I was on the sidewalk. He told me to go across the street to get photos or else he would call the cops. He just only gave me a warning. I went there today. Does anyone know why i can't take pictures very close to the buses?

I meant long time ago, like maybe year ago before the Dec fare increase.

Security will probably question you and might tell you to stop, but as long as you're not on depot property you can take as many pictures as you want.

Wow! It's definitely true you learn something new every day. Does this only apply to non MTA/ NYCTA employees? And what's the official issue regarding this? Do coworkers / employees feel they are being watched or the pics are going to possibly be used against them in a negative way?

Archived