2013 NFL Thread

Fresh Pond

Since there's no thread for the upcoming season yet, I guess we'll start it here...

If nobody haven't heard yet, Tim Tebow officially signed with the Patriots yesterday on a 2 year contract. How this is gonna work out this season is what everyone wants to know.

Its all here

Oh well, maybe just a symbolic way of rubbing it in to the Jets or maybe he might have some insider knowledge of the players? heh. Not that I liked Tebow, but the Jets never used him at all even when the season was lost, so I kinda hope he can show the Jets what they passed up on. Ryan didn't want anyone taking his boy (Sanchez)'s spot.

-Tebow is nothing more than a gimmick.... He's being used to sell tickets, Kraft knows how much of a "personality" Tebow is....

With 1] Welker gone & 2] the defense continuing to suck as hard as it has since Bruschi, Vrabel, etc. left, they're not gonna get an increase in people coming to Foxboro otherwise..... To boot, the pats offense doesn't scare you as much as it used to either, really - and again, it'll be less so w/ Welker gone..... But I want to see how the pats are gonna use this guy in their offensive scheme..... Forget the wildcat & all that other crap..... If he think he's gettin anymore playing time he did under center as the (limited) amount of times he did w/ the Jets last year, he's got another thing coming....

- Chad Johnson.... What the hell was this guy thinking slappin his attorney on the behind during a court case.... You know these judges are looking for any reason to throw your black ass in jail for as long as they can, and you're gonna do that immature shit.....

As for the judge, see for yourself - she rejected the plea negotiations for the actual case, due to the reaction of those in the courtroom? What he did to his own attorney hardly quantifies as contempt of court..... She kept stressing that those in the courtroom were laughing (not Chad himself) - as if that was his intent..... I can only imagine had his attorney been a woman, how much longer his punishment would've been.....

In any event, both Chad & this judge were in the wrong here.....

I just thought it was pathetic how much brown nosing Tebow was doing in the interview I saw this morning. I'm just really thankful for Bill bringing me here...  <_< Then again hey if all I had to do was brown nose and give up any sense of pride I had to make a few million a year I guess it isn't that bad. lol

The Tebow contract has no guaranteed money so it's not like he's getting millions to come to the Patriots. As far as the upcoming season is concerned, talk to me when the playoffs are here. I see most of the non-playoff contenders having really bad years (the Jets included in that).

I just thought it was pathetic how much brown nosing Tebow was doing in the interview I saw this morning. I'm just really thankful for Bill bringing me here...  <_< Then again hey if all I had to do was brown nose and give up any sense of pride I had to make a few million a year I guess it isn't that bad. lol

He's milking his stock....

He knows he sucks as an NFL quarterback, so he has to rely on his biggest intangible (which for him, is his charm; his personality).....

He's not gonna go into any interview guaranteeing wins by the effort & graces of his left arm... Lmfao !!

1) TEbow/Pats

yeah, he's a tight end  <_< and he'll flop there as well

the patriots defense is horrid (See Week 7 vs. Jets) and Tom Brady-Welker+Injury Prone Recievers=Distaster

2)Jets RBs

This is a legitimate issue for the team.

Mike Goodson could've been a starter, if not for the fact that he was arrested. Chris Ivory/Bilal Powell streaky, not meant to be starters. Joe McKnight is better as a kick returner

SMH at Aaron Hernandez. There's dead body, a car that's rented in your name parked in the middle of nowhere and you give authorities your broken phone.

From a football standpoint, the Patriots look as vulnerable as they have since Brady went down to an injury several years ago. Welker is with the Broncos, Gronkowski is injured, and Hernandez is going through legal issues. IF there is a year other AFC East teams have a chance to steal the division from the Pats, this may be the year.

SMH at Aaron Hernandez. There's dead body, a car that's rented in your name parked in the middle of nowhere and you give authorities your broken phone.

RXuOIqN.png

Emergency backup, much?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so did anybody outside of NY (i know most of you live in NY) or Pittsburgh notice tonight's Giants vs Steelers game was blacked out on the NFL Network until the middle of the second quarter?  thats what happened to me tonight, as well as the probably the nation... there was a social media outburst on Facebook and Twitter

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody happy that Geno Smith is starting for the Jets and not Mark Suck-Chez lol

The Jets are the NFL's version of a minstrel show.... Rex Ryan himself can be the starting QB & I wouldn't care (or be all that surprised)....

I don't like this kid Geno Smith... He's a worse version of Cam Newton (attitude-wise) & come to think of it, field-wise, he's somewhat similar to Cam also..... I think both of these QB's I just mentioned are gonna have mediocre careers when it's all said & done..... Geno's gonna get it in his head reaaal quick that he's not gonna be having these 500+ passing yard/150+ rushing yard games like he did in West Virginia.... I had a time LMAO when he fell as far in the draft that he did, talkin all that shit about how he's gonna be drafted #2.... Maybe he meant in the 2nd round like he ended up in :lol:

That's what all that pompousness gets ya.... On the Jets :lol:

A wrap up of Week 1 (As of 9/9/13)..

Ravens: 27

Broncos: 49

Patriots: 23

Bills: 21

Bengals: 21

Bears: 24

Dolphins: 23

Browns: 10

Vikings: 24

Lions: 34

Raiders: 17

Colts: 21

falcons: 17

Saints: 23

Buccaneers: 17

Jets: 18

Titans; 16

Steelers: 9

Seahawks: 12

Panthers: 7

Chiefs; 28

Jaguars: 2

Cardinals: 24

Rams: 27

Packers: 28

49ers: 34

Giants: 31

Cowboys: 36

=======================================

Eagles @ Redskins & Texans @ Chargers both tonight

The Giants should run the 3 WR set more... you got Randle, Nicks and Cruz lined up together which would make the defense pay all their attention on them. Even during a run play, with the defense paying attention to the 3 WRs theres no chance that they can effectively stop the run. Also, it would be virtually impossible to cover all 3 guys at once, giving Eli Manning at least one open target on basically every play.

Archived