2013 NFL Thread

Fresh Pond

The real problem is that the Giants are too 1-dimensional on offense - Look for Cruz to hit the "homerun" so to speak & and (rely) on Nicks anytime when Eli's not looking for the homerun ball....  If it's anything that needs to be revamped, it's their RUNNING game moreso than their passing game..... Teams have picked up on how the Giants are on offense, and from my vantage point, it looks like they're doing nothing to fix matters.....

As for what you're saying here, their formations on pass plays is hardly the problem..... They really could use a halfway decent 3rd WR though.. Nobody in the league fears Randle as a threat.....

I think the problem as a whole begins with Kevin Gillbride. I don't know how that guy is still around... he runs one of the most predictable offenses in the league and the Giants are very conservative at times on offense. I don't know whats with Gillbride and that stupid shotgun draw play but it never works.

Well, probably too early to say it, but looks like the only Manning playing in the SB could be Peyton. Sure as hell ain't gonna be Eli this year unless they change things around.

Provided that Peyton stays healthy, he's gonna shatter Brady's single season TD record (50)..... He's toying with defenses right now.

Lucky him that he's on a franchise now that has always prided themselves on having good O-linemen... Otherwise, that neck of his would've been in serious jeopardy.....

speaking of OL, Eli better be careful.... 2 of them went down this past sunday?

I didn't know the panthers got all them sacks on him (didn't see any of the game)....

• 2 weeks later...

Well at least they won't get shut out this week, but still, this giants/eagles game is hard to watch.... You watch other teams move the football up the field on offense, you see how the giants go about doing so, and there is a stark difference.... Nothing dynamic on the giants part whatsoever....

f***in guy nick foles comes off the bench before halftime & moves the ball up the field from his own 7 yd line, doing little dink/dump passes for the most part, to setup the first-half ending FG.... 19 unanswered now for the eagles (19-7 right now @ halftime)..... They're lucky the eagles are only kicking FG's (their kicker is like 4-4 in the half) instead of cashing these possessions on into the end zone...

After Philly got that FG that made it 22-21 (after the giants got those 2 straight TD's that gave them the lead for a brief moment @ 21-19), the giants gave up.... You saw it in their body language.... Yeah, 3 straight picks by Eli is pathetic... Although I will say the 2nd one should have been a penalty (since the NFL is supposed to be so strict in enforcing any type of helmet contact on a QB), but that last pick was especially embarrassing... Threw it right to the damn guy.....

Anyway, the Cowboys are takin it to the Broncos... they're up by 2 scores (after a decker fumble).... Like many have predicted (broncos blowout), I don't see it that way... I think this game's actually goin be a shootout; one of those 42-38 type of games or something like that.... Don't like the Cowboys @ all, but this should be a fun one to watch.

Anyway, the Cowboys are takin it to the Broncos... they're up by 2 scores (after a decker fumble).... Like many have predicted (broncos blowout), I don't see it that way... I think this game's actually goin be a shootout; one of those 42-38 type of games or something like that.... Don't like the Cowboys @ all, but this should be a fun one to watch.

...and so it was (fun to watch, shootout type of game)... I've been watchin sports for too long now to predict these things...

51-48 final... Romo late 4th qtr interception (true to form), broncos capitalize off that turnover w/ a GW FG....

Tony Romo does his thing and the Cowboys lose. Nothing new here. As much as Peyton and the Broncos have entertained me so far I'll go out on a limb and say they won't go far come playoff time without a defense. I know they're missing guys on D but Romo ain't Montana, Bradshaw, or Staubach either yet he lit them up today. This game was like a throwback AFL game with Hadl, Lamonica, and Joe Willie Namath bombs away. Team with the ball at the end wins.

After Philly got that FG that made it 22-21 (after the giants got those 2 straight TD's that gave them the lead for a brief moment @ 21-19), the giants gave up.... You saw it in their body language.... Yeah, 3 straight picks by Eli is pathetic... Although I will say the 2nd one should have been a penalty (since the NFL is supposed to be so strict in enforcing any type of helmet contact on a QB), but that last pick was especially embarrassing... Threw it right to the damn guy.....

The DEN-DAL was definitely fun to watch. Of course Romo throws the game away

I'm a big Giants fan, I'm a big Eli fan, but if Eli Manning continues to play the way he does, I think the Giants should send a very clear message to him: We aren't going to send you out every game if you are going to toss 3 interceptions a game.

I feel like a lot of the Giant players are complacent. They act as if Coughlin will never bench them for messing up. Coughlin should light a fire under everyones ass for embarrass the Big Blue uniform.

Tony Romo does his thing and the Cowboys lose. Nothing new here. As much as Peyton and the Broncos have entertained me so far I'll go out on a limb and say they won't go far come playoff time without a defense. I know they're missing guys on D but Romo ain't Montana, Bradshaw, or Staubach either yet he lit them up today. This game was like a throwback AFL game with Hadl, Lamonica, and Joe Willie Namath bombs away.

Team with the ball at the end wins.

It was "supposed" to be the Cowboys game to win (especially it having been inside the "billion dollar playpen", & Romo having the game of his career/Actually going toe-to-toe in a shootout of such a magnitude with Peyton, & the Cowboys having the last chance to drive it down the field to "shock the nation"... lol....)...

However, after Manning & company struck back to knot it up @ 48 late in the 4th, that's when the most overrated player in all of the NFL keeps everyone grounded (meaning, no shock) by throwing a pick at the absolute worst possible time of a tie game (late in a game).... 

The DEN-DAL was definitely fun to watch. Of course Romo throws the game away

I'm a big Giants fan, I'm a big Eli fan, but if Eli Manning continues to play the way he does, I think the Giants should send a very clear message to him: We aren't going to send you out every game if you are going to toss 3 interceptions a game.

I feel like a lot of the Giant players are complacent. They act as if Coughlin will never bench them for messing up. Coughlin should light a fire under everyones ass for embarrass the Big Blue uniform.

I'm not the big Giants fan that you are, but I do watch them/favor them/follow them over the Jets....

I have to agree, they are complacent - I'll go as far as to say they've been complacent for years (especially on the defensive side of the ball).... and I feel the longer they're under Coughlin, the less of a personality the team is exuding week in & week out...

In other words, they're becoming a bore to watch.....

This is a strange start to an NFL season for sure. The J-E-T-S would be in first place in the NFC East. My Steelers have stunk up the joint, period. One of the NE Pats main weapons has his own weapons problem. The " Sanchise" has probably played his last game for Gang Green. After Eli and Big Bllue's recent troubles I'm waiting for the first person to call for .............TEBOW.

This is a strange start to an NFL season for sure. The J-E-T-S would be in first place in the NFC East. My Steelers have stunk up the joint, period. One of the NE Pats main weapons has his own weapons problem. The " Sanchise" has probably played his last game for Gang Green. After Eli and Big Bllue's recent troubles I'm waiting for the first person to call for .............TEBOW.

lol you mean AFC east

(The whole) NFC East has been overrated for years now.... Including the Giants.

AFC East consists of the Patriots, and that's... basically it.

I shared this on another forum (and amongst offline acquaintances), guess I'll share it here too....

Just like the theory I have for the changing (of the) NBA , I have one for the NFL as well.....

....And this year so far more than proves it.

If your team has been historically known for being built on the run(ning game), in today's NFL, you're gonna suck.... It is all about SPEED & that's IT.... Look at the WR's around the league today & look at how fraile they are.... Today's WR's have no size; to boot, "possession" receivers need not apply... The Andre Johnson (Texans) type of WR's will eventually die out & you're gonna have a bunch of DeShawn Jackson's scurrying & running circles around everybody..... On top of that, Ever notice how many dropped passes you've seen/heard of so far this season? Today's WR's don't need to know how to possess (notice I said possess & not catch) - the goal is to simply get the ball into their hands & rack as much YAC as possible.... Just look at all the teams that have indoctrinated slip screens & WR screens into their playbook.....

Don't know about the fam here, but I have NEVER seen guys like Rice, Reed, Irvin, Horn, Harrison, (Cris) Carter, (Tim) Brown, etc. etc. be the recipient of a slip or a WR screen.... What it is, is that Too much of the college game is being adopted into the NFL....

The above is just the receiving aspect of the game...

As for QB's, hah..... Guys like Philip Rivers, Matt Stafford, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and anyone else that's good for consistently throwing 40+ attempts/game is gonna adore the future NFL... Nevermind the fact you can't breathe on these MF-ers w/o getting a 15 yard penalty nowadays... To make matters worse, the league has gravitated to the mobile QB (pocket passers need not apply)..... Today's RB's are basically garbage men - there to block for the QB (more often than they used to), to try to pick up the 1st on 3rd & short situations, or to be handed to ball off to, jusssst so that some teams pass/run play distribution isn't too close to 100%/0% !!!!!

I am in total agreement w/ Ndamukong Suh - This is the "PFL" (w/ the 'P' being slang for female body part) we're witnessing right now.....

I am a fan of offense & I'm saying these rules are in place now to make the game much harder for defenses....

Yes, Peyton Manning is skilled... But the way he's exposing defenses (exposing today's NFL really) this year, there's seriously something

wrong.....

There's more to my theory, but I'll just stop on the offensive skill positions side of the ball....

After watching the Bears-Giants game last night I've decided to have no rooting interest in any game for the rest of the regular season . I'll just sit back and watch what B35 has pointed out. The only people who stood out last night were the WRs for both teams, with the exception of Giants RB Brandon Jacobs. The Giants and the Bears, two teams that were known for rushing back in the day, only had about 200  rushing yards combined in the game. Meanwhile Manning and Cutler were passing the ball to any live body on the field at times. Unfortunately for Eli and the Giants he completed a few passes to the wrong team. It's gonna be a long year when teams known for rushing and defense are flinging passes everywhere and the pass rushes are non-existent. Just my opinion. Carry on.

Breaking news: Adrian Peterson's son has died after being assaulted

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/11/us/adrian-peterson-son-alleged-assault/

The man has been charged with aggravated battery of an infant and aggravated assault. $80K and 40 years isn't enough for him. Upgrade this to Second Degree Murder and throw him in prison for life

Breaking news: Adrian Peterson's son has died after being assaulted

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/11/us/adrian-peterson-son-alleged-assault/

The man has been charged with aggravated battery of an infant and aggravated assault. $80K and 40 years isn't enough for him. Upgrade this to Second Degree Murder and throw him in prison for life

Unbelievable.My condolences to AP,the mother and the extended family...

I'm going to get a lot of props to John Idzik for building up the talent on this team through April's draft and also to Rex Ryan for coaching his a** off this year. What a win for the Jets

That Jets-Pats game pissed me off so much...I was cursing the TV out and everything lol.

But i do gotta give credit where credit is due, and the Jets did earn that win. Geno Smith got an arm on him

Archived