2013 NFL Thread

Fresh Pond

Big Blue finally wins a game. The Giants and the Vikings played one of the sloppiest games I've seen in the past 50 years. Fumbles, errant passes, no defense. That about sums up both team's play. Nicks and Cruz missing open TD passes. Big Blue's leading rusher didn't average 3 yards a carry for most of the game but neither did Adrian Peterson of the Vikes. Minnesota QB Freeman might as well have been playing in a pick up game. That's how bad he looked after being picked up last week and handed the starting job. ESPN got stuck with a clunker this time. BTW, is it too early to contact StubHub about Super Bowl tickets for the Big Blue/ Gang Green clash at Metlife? I know that some knucklehead has already mentioned "momentum" on the sports talk shows by now.

Big Blue finally wins a game. The Giants and the Vikings played one of the sloppiest games I've seen in the past 50 years. Fumbles, errant passes, no defense. That about sums up both team's play. Nicks and Cruz missing open TD passes. Big Blue's leading rusher didn't average 3 yards a carry for most of the game but neither did Adrian Peterson of the Vikes. Minnesota QB Freeman might as well have been playing in a pick up game. That's how bad he looked after being picked up last week and handed the starting job. ESPN got stuck with a clunker this time. BTW, is it too early to contact StubHub about Super Bowl tickets for the Big Blue/ Gang Green clash at Metlife? I know that some knucklehead has already mentioned "momentum" on the sports talk shows by now.

The Jets have a chance but the Giants have none...

• 3 weeks later...

Too bad Mo can't be at every Giants game !

Anyway, it's sad when I haven't watched one game of my favorite sport this week..... The NFL (much like the NBA) done took a turn for the worst - too focused on speed & a waning emphasis on power/strength.... If I wanted to watch three second hold (who remembers playing that in the streets on their block... lol) or shoving folks OOB, I'd watch arena football....

You can barely touch these f'n QB's without getting a 15 yard penalty.... They're a little too paranoid when it comes to the safety of these players with the coming up of rules to protect them.... As such, the watering down of the sport overall is very much apparent..... I mean, I'm sick & tired of seeing kickoffs go in the back of the dam endzone because you wanna limit the collisions that take place on kickoff returns... It's bitch shit.... No wonder Ndamukong Suh calls this shit the PFL....

Yeah. I would have loved the Giants to wear those old throwbacks with the GIANTS helmets. Apparantly not.

And coming out of TB today is that Darrelle Revis is complaining about Jets fans portraying him as a greedy man. Well, I don't think Revis should be surprised. He said he would take $16M over $12M despite wins and he also has held out twice during his Jets tenure and threatened to hold out a third time. Revis also spoke too soon about making $16M. His 6 year, $96M contract has $0 of guaranteed money. With the Bucs in the pathetic state that they are in, they should probably start cutting all their big money guys like Revis in the offseason and start fresh. I can't imagine how having a $16M corner be beneficial to a rebuilding team in any way, shape, or form.

Not surprising they signed Reed.... especially after having gotten rid of Revis....

Once the Texans got rid of him, I said to a couple acquaintances, you guys are gonna get your wish (they're all Jet fans).....

I'll say this as many times as I have to....

The Jets are like the Knicks in that, they care more about star power/selling tickets, than wins/losses & winning championships......

So the TV markets outside of NY and Dallas missed the first quarter of the Giants-Cowboys game cuz of an unannounced bonus coverage of the OT game Packers-Vikings on FOX, after Curt Menefee said "due to NFL Rules, we will send you to the Giants-Cowboys" after the conclusion of the Dolphins game at 4:25 PM

After the studio update, Philly did not go to commercial and faded in to the OT game

I was so pissed off at FOX Sports for misinformation, even fans on FB and Twitter complained

Kevin Gilbride should be fired.

Eli Manning should run more no huddle. We all have seen how efficient the two minute offense is. Kevin Gilbride is an incompetent piece of garbage who should not be calling plays in the NFL. The Giants offense runs much better with Eli calling plays. When I can sit down on my couch and predict what the Giants are running purely from their personnel, imagine what defensive coordinators are thinking.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know this topic hasn't been posted in a while, but with the NFL combine just ending, I'd thought I'd made things a bit interesting.

As some of you guys know, the Wonderlic test is giving by employers and NFL teams (at the Combine) to test a potential employee's cognitive ability. A score of 10 demonstrates that one is literate, a 21 is average intelligence and everything else is above average. The test is given as a 50 question multiple choice test under timed conditions (12 minutes.) No calculators allowed. Pen/pencil and paper only.  You have spend an average of 14.4 seconds per question in order to be able to finish the whole test.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderlic_Test

I took a sample test myself here: http://footballiqscore.com/

I remember taking the test right before going to college and getting a 37... I retook a sample today and got a 40. I guess my problem solving abilities haven't increased too much over the years. For those of you who are willing to, post your score too. You don't have to share your score, of course.

Archived