Anyone work for Long island railroad in the track dept or just work there how is it

timstandupguy

Good day folks

Just wanted to get some information does anyone on here work for Long island railroad in (track) 

just want to get some information how is it working over there because i have a interview for them this week i work for amtrak in the Track dept but amtrak is not really my place that i want to be i also had alot of admiration for Lirr and want to start my career with them for long term, there benefits and union and pay exceeds amtrak across the board. Just want to ask if there anyone out there can give me some knowledge thanks.

I work for the RR but not in Track. Track is not a bad gig nor is any craft in the RR.You can work yourself up to gangforemen or any other craft in M of W or in the RR itself after 1 year. Any craft except for car repairmen and car inspector which start out as Cams. But good luck .

I work for the RR but not in Track. Track is not a bad gig nor is any craft in the RR.You can work yourself up to gangforemen or any other craft in M of W or in the RR itself after 1 year. Any craft except for car repairmen and car inspector which start out as Cams. But good luck .

I didnt understand the last part....... whats wrong with car repairmen and car inspectors at lirr??

I didnt understand the last part....... whats wrong with car repairmen and car inspectors at lirr??

To be a car repairman or car inspector you have to had start out as a coach cleaner first. You start as a cam which is a coach cleaner then there is a promotion to the car repairman program which is called phase 1 and if you want you can go into phase 2 which is car inspector. We are all under the same union.

To be a car repairman or car inspector you have to had start out as a coach cleaner first. You start as a cam which is a coach cleaner then there is a promotion to the car repairman program which is called phase 1 and if you want you can go into phase 2 which is car inspector. We are all under the same union.

Correct 154. However, I believe there are only a few classes left going into the program, then it might be 50/50; external/internal. That's what I'm hearing.  I thought about going to track. I know for a fact, they're calling a handful of people for Track, for interviews and Open-Houses at Hillside.

Correct 154. However, I believe there are only a few classes left going into the program, then it might be 50/50; external/internal. That's what I'm hearing. I thought about going to track. I know for a fact, they're calling a handful of people for Track, for interviews and Open-Houses at Hillside.

Last meeting I heard the car repairman program will be strictly cams with more testing and class on your own time. And interviewing also with a new list.I heard no one from the street. More info is coming out so I'm just keeping a ear open. I'm still in the process for Engineer but keeping my options open for the program. Just a little advice but be a little patient and not jump into something until you know the real deal. Don't lose out on the program and go into Track.

Where in Hillside is this open house and anybody have more info on the open house?? Thanks for the feed back guys

-- I am a Road Car Inspector for NYCTA, if i want to go to LIRR, Car Inspector, i will have to start as CAM and then take the promotion later on??  And Do you know what they start of at and the top pay for CI?

Thanks

Where in Hillside is this open house and anybody have more info on the open house?? Thanks for the feed back guys

-- I am a Road Car Inspector for NYCTA, if i want to go to LIRR, Car Inspector, i will have to start as CAM and then take the promotion later on??  And Do you know what they start of at and the top pay for CI?

Thanks

Once you get to Hillside, you will end up at the security desk. From there you will see a board with all the classes in session for the day and orientations.RCI is different from Transit. Where TA a RCI is a car repairmen to the RR. The RCI for the RR are not in the shops but in the yards and out on the field. Right now we don't where the car repairmen program stands for Cams and external applicants. I have heard it will stay in house . You have to be car repairmen before you become a RCI.

Archived