Pic Request

WannaBeMTA12

All the buses running in the (MTA) are wheelchair lift equipped. Otherwise, it would violate ADA law. But, you don't have to tell your friend that. :P

I know of the law...lol. I could have sworn years back I saw one without a wheelchair lift. Back like 5 years ago on the qm2a....after the mta takeover

and my buddy is a former mta employee from jackie gleason....he knows loll

All of the MCI D4500's have a wheelchair lift... The only ones that I can think about are the MCI Classics... Some had a lift and some didn't if I remember correctly... I do know that QSC had the Classics but I'm not sure if the (MTA) kept them at CP after the take over...

All of the MCI D4500's have a wheelchair lift... The only ones that I can think about are the MCI Classics... Some had a lift and some didn't if I remember correctly... I do know that QSC had the Classics but I'm not sure if the (MTA) kept them at CP after the take over...

They kept them but not for long. All MCI Classics were non-wheelchair accesible. However 3101-3110 from Liberty Lines Express and the last 8 units from New York Bus Service did have the lifts

Here's a video I found on Youtube showing the lift:

lol... When I lived on Staten Island, we barely used them.  In Riverdale however, they're used regularly, though it's been a few months since I've been on one that has used it.  The last time I was on one was the BxM2.  We used it at 63rd and Broadway. People were staring and gawking like they've never seen a damn wheelchair lift before.  I'm like damn it's just a wheelchair lift.  Always amazes me how rude and ignorant people are.  <_< I was taught that it's rude to just gawk like that but apparently some people don't know that. 

Archived