It's New Flyer Time!

East New York

So inside sources say a deal between MTA and New Flyer is close, as well as eminent. Supposedly the TA is still in talks with 2 other companies for artics.

I am also pretty sure that NYC, as well as a few other cities in Canada will be the major proving grounds for the Orion X Artic, which is to be announced publicly next year. New Flyer better get in good while it can!!

LF, LFR, whatever we get, im happy with it.

As for 100th Street depot, just 2 days ago, two of the 1000 series buses broke down on the M103 @ Chinatown.

The ones @ MJQ are at its best right now. They run on the M14A alot these days and they look great!

I REALLY HATE THE FACT THAT MJQ GETS ALL THE GOOD BUSES, AND THEY HOOK THEM UP TOO! I DON'T SEE ANY OTHER BORO'S WITH CAMERAS ON THEIR BUSES!!!!! I GUESS SINCE MOST OF THE ROUTES COVERED BY MJQ SERVE MIDTOWN AND LOWER MANHATTAN AND THOSE ARE TOURIST ATTRACTIONS THEY WANNA SHOW OFF THE GOOD BUSES HUH!

THAT'S JUST LIKE NEW YORK! ALWAYS SHOWING THE GOOD PART OF THE CITY, BUT NEVER SHOW THE HOOD OR OTHER NOT SO GREAT PARTS! :eek:

No need for all those caps @__@

The cameras on the RTSs were in place in ENY and MJQ Depots as a pilot program which I think was successful. BUT 126th Street 5000 series artics has stuff that the other depots dont have (I Think) which is Automatic Announcements and LED Interior Signs. A few of the higher number artics have them @ 126th Street Depot, unless those were shafted off to SBS.

I REALLY HATE THE FACT THAT MJQ GETS ALL THE GOOD BUSES, AND THEY HOOK THEM UP TOO! I DON'T SEE ANY OTHER BORO'S WITH CAMERAS ON THEIR BUSES!!!!! I GUESS SINCE MOST OF THE ROUTES COVERED BY MJQ SERVE MIDTOWN AND LOWER MANHATTAN AND THOSE ARE TOURIST ATTRACTIONS THEY WANNA SHOW OFF THE GOOD BUSES HUH!

THAT'S JUST LIKE NEW YORK! ALWAYS SHOWING THE GOOD PART OF THE CITY, BUT NEVER SHOW THE HOOD OR OTHER NOT SO GREAT PARTS! :eek:

No need for all those caps @__@

The cameras on the RTSs were in place in ENY and MJQ Depots as a pilot program which I think was successful. BUT 126th Street 5000 series artics has stuff that the other depots dont have (I Think) which is Automatic Announcements and LED Interior Signs. A few of the higher number artics have them @ 126th Street Depot, unless those were shafted off to SBS.

MJQ and ENY have the best of everything! I absolutely love all of their buses. And I hope the entire fleet of 8600-8703 remain at MJQ and ENY untill it's time for them to retire.

@Shondrae- Please no posting is all caps dude! And sometimes depots in the hood get good stuff. Take Brooklyn and Queens for example. Good buses, not always good neighborhoods.

CS used to (or still has) have a bus with a camera (I think it had one), 192 it was.

Anyway I can't wait to see the Orion X artic!

Was the CS bus an ex-MJQ Orion???

MJQ and ENY have the best of everything! I absolutely love all of their buses. And I hope the entire fleet of 8600-8703 remain at MJQ and ENY untill it's time for them to retire.

@Shondrae- Please no posting is all caps dude! And sometimes depots in the hood get good stuff. Take Brooklyn and Queens for example. Good buses, not always good neighborhoods.

Was the CS bus an ex-MJQ Orion???

If it's 192 like he said that's never been to MJQ and I don't think any of their 100s have cameras.

Off topic somewhat but they need to start putting cops and cameras on all Bx buses. I can understand if you ask the B/O to let you on for free but when people run past the farebox and get nasty when asked to get off or have people open the back door for them it's crazy.

Bet these New Flyer Artics get here before the NG O7's. Does anyone have pics of the possible models (MTA) might get?

I'll believe the part about depots in the hood when I see a 99 RTS or O7 of any year on the Bx3 or Bx28 B)

If it's 192 like he said that's never been to MJQ and I don't think any of their 100s have cameras.

Off topic somewhat but they need to start putting cops and cameras on all Bx buses. I can understand if you ask the B/O to let you on for free but when people run past the farebox and get nasty when asked to get off or have people open the back door for them it's crazy.

Bet these New Flyer Artics get here before the NG O7's. Does anyone have pics of the possible models (MTA) might get?

I'll believe the part about depots in the hood when I see a 99 RTS or O7 of any year on the Bx3 or Bx28 B)

Naw, the O7's will be in first. I feel you on the Bx3, & 28 though. I do remember when West Farms had some '99 RTS', but Kingsbridge and Gun Hill??? Yeah right! That will NEVER happen! The days of Nova's in the Bx is a thing of the past!

Naw, the O7's will be in first. I feel you on the Bx3, & 28 though. I do remember when West Farms had some '99 RTS', but Kingsbridge and Gun Hill??? Yeah right! That will NEVER happen! The days of Nova's in the Bx is a thing of the past!

Hopefully your right about those O7's, I'm hoping I get to ride any HEV O7 on a KB route before I go to college.

It happened when they first got here. KB had 5200-5249 brand new and GH had 5070-5099 I be so believe. The last buses either one of those depots got straight from the manufactor. And I wouldn't be so sure about the Nova's not making a comeback. They took all the O5's out the Bx a while ago, people said they'd never come back and unfortuantely they did. If the Bx has any luck this time around they'll take all the O5's out of there and replace them with the O7's.

I assume these New Flyer Artics will be Hybrid Electric, right?

Hopefully your right about those O7's, I'm hoping I get to ride any HEV O7 on a KB route before I go to college.

It happened when they first got here. KB had 5200-5249 brand new and GH had 5070-5099 I be so believe. The last buses either one of those depots got straight from the manufactor. And I wouldn't be so sure about the Nova's not making a comeback. They took all the O5's out the Bx a while ago, people said they'd never come back and unfortuantely they did. If the Bx has any luck this time around they'll take all the O5's out of there and replace them with the O7's.

I assume these New Flyer Artics will be Hybrid Electric, right?

I'm pretty sure the new artics will be hybrid unless the TA decides to go with NovaBUS. You are right about the Bronx and the O5's. I didn't think about that, but I could see all the "other" depots getting O7 NG's and the last of the Nova's, and the oldest hybrids going to The Bronx!! True KB needs new O7's, and I hope they get them, but let's not hold our breath!

I do recall '89 Liberty MCI taking a pick of the gray NF D60LF artic, that MTA was testing. He was on my bus when the pic was taken.............

Saying this, I wish they would get a few Van-Hools, but maybe that's just me.....I loved the Van-Hool coaches, except in snow/ice.....The artic would act differently. MTA needs to go with pulley type artics, not pushers, that push themselves, into a jackknife......

I do recall '89 Liberty MCI taking a pick of the gray NF D60LF artic, that MTA was testing. He was on my bus when the pic was taken.............

Saying this, I wish they would get a few Van-Hools, but maybe that's just me.....I loved the Van-Hool coaches, except in snow/ice.....The artic would act differently. MTA needs to go with pulley type artics, not pushers, that push themselves, into a jackknife......

vanhools are good but i always have a strange feeling when riding them. The Vanhool artics are good. They should get some Setras instead of tissure box artics.

I hate cameras, especially on Public Transportation, then again it might stop these 2 people I saw from getting it on in the Bx8! :eek::eek::eek:
I'm pretty sure the new artics will be hybrid unless the TA decides to go with NovaBUS. You are right about the Bronx and the O5's. I didn't think about that, but I could see all the "other" depots getting O7 NG's and the last of the Nova's, and the oldest hybrids going to The Bronx!! True KB needs new O7's, and I hope they get them, but let's not hold our breath!
NOOO not the 6400s! :D
If the TA goes with a NovaBus LFS Artic, I will not take any route with those buses, Those buses are like unidentified rolling objects :P ! I'll walk to my destination, thank you very much !
I'll be walking with you man!!
I don't know yall.

The 1000's are falling apart because that series of bus is pretty much coming to a end of their service life(plus its probably out of warranty) and the company don't want to spend anymore money fixing it up. All the 1000s at 100st have rust holes, dents, scratches, broken lights and etc... If you are wondering why depots swap buses around, its because of warranty and they want to keep the bus under warranty for as long as possible.

The bad thing about the New Flyer low floor models is that it doesn't carry as much as the current high floor model.

The cameras at MJQ is pretty much a test run similar to that of Gunhill with their SBS(BRT) program, and 126st with the GPS thing. Once all the bugs are worked out, they will start to show up elsewhere perhaps.

Archived