Hazardous Conditions at Sea Beach Line stations

Almost every week for the last couple of years or so i constantly see route changes such as Manhattan bound (N) trains running via West End, or Coney Island bound (N) trains running via West End. What has the (MTA) been doing along the Sea Beach during those times?

I suggest the (MTA) get started on fixing the line fast because if someone gets hurt, the (MTA) will get hit hard too. It's much easier and more affordable to fix it now than to wait for someone to get hurt.

This has NOTHING to do with NIMBY's at all. This is simply the (MTA) neglecting the Sea Beach Line and waiting as long as they can because they get away with it, even though the communities along the Sea Beach line have spoken out against the terrible shape in which the current stations are in. Hell look how long it took them to re-do the Brighton line... Even 86th street on the (R) line was renovated mainly through monies secured by Senator Golden and former Senator Vito Fossella.

Absolutely. Not in the case of the Sea beach line, for obvious reasons. It is not like we are building a new line. As you've said this is rehabilitation of an old line to this should not impact on the residents that live along the line. Speaking as a former avid straphanger who depended on the (N) as a college student living in Brooklyn Chinatown before moving to the Boogie Down Bronx.

Right. And when the (MTA) *does* start work, the people living along the line will bitch and moan.

Doubt it. But then again they may have a pet peeve about the massive GO's to come.

The stations are literally right behind their houses (which look like sh!t too, by the way, they have nothing to be proud of), you'd better believe they will bitch and moan: http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?129461

Not true... That's true for some stations, but not all. It's similar to the Brighton line in that respect.

Almost every week for the last couple of years or so i constantly see route changes such as Manhattan bound (N) trains running via West End, or Coney Island bound (N) trains running via West End. What has the (MTA) been doing along the Sea Beach during those times?

I suggest the (MTA) get started on fixing the line fast because if someone gets hurt, the (MTA) will get hit hard too. It's much easier and more affordable to fix it now than to wait for someone to get hurt.

Track replacement

The stations are literally right behind their houses (which look like sh!t too, by the way, they have nothing to be proud of), you'd better believe they will bitch and moan: http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?129461

I lol'ed hard. Yeah I know, used to take the (N) every day when I used to live in Brooklyn from 8th or Ft. Hamilton on the Sea beach into Manhattan as a college student or even after I moved into the Bronx if I can't drive by car to BK for whatever reason. Man miss those days.

The (MTA) is probably going to wait until a huge piece of concrete hits and injures someone before finally doing something.

They will get to it when it's scheduled. The sad part is if they wait until someone is killed, it will cost them many millions. It won't be difficult even for the poorest lawyer to prove mass negligence since the conditions are so well documented. It's probably a case of this rehabilitation falling through the cracks as every major project kept getting postponed due to budget problems. The situations at Sea Beach, however, seem worse than on the Brighton Line where half the project has already been completed and the rest is underway. Probably a case of those politicians screaming louder.

Archived