NJ Transit probes 2-hour late 'bus ride from hell'

FlushingExpress

Not only that, but people actually offered her help, and she didn't accept it.

"People were trying to help her, but she wouldn’t listen," Iosso said of the driver.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/no-thing-regular-commute-nj-bus-gets-lost-165720697.html (Roadcruiser's article)

Although I don't drive buses particularly, as the driver of a vehicle, I wouldn't have taken no one's help (if I didn't ask for it sometime prior) either, to be honest.... If I'm driving somewhere, I mentally plot out what course I'm going to take, long before I ever leave the house (or wherever I'm leaving from).... To me, there's not much worse than someone giving you directions as you're driving.....

Then again, I wouldn't have been that ill-prepared as this chick was, either......

you operate for suburban ehh I have questions for you PM me we need to talk.

Yeah, I bet you do....

If we on these discussion forums find your never-ending bus routing ideas to be asinine, what makes you think an actual b/o won't.....

Leave the guy alone.

Although I don't drive buses particularly, as the driver of a vehicle, I wouldn't have taken no one's help (if I didn't ask for it sometime prior) either, to be honest.... If I'm driving somewhere, I mentally plot out what course I'm going to take, long before I ever leave the house (or wherever I'm leaving from).... To me, there's not much worse than someone giving you directions as you're driving.....

Then again, I wouldn't have been that ill-prepared as this chick was, either......

Yeah, I bet you do....

If we on these discussion forums find your never-ending bus routing ideas to be asinine, what makes you think an actual b/o won't.....

Leave the guy alone.

Yeah, I bet you do....

Leave the guy alone

Agreed. His "questions" go above and beyond our pay grades lol

Jarob, you are in my prayers lol.

LOL...I can't...drops mic

Leave the guy alone.

That dude man.....(all I can say)

Ok... so I am not the only one who feels his questions are crazy...some of the things just doesn't make any sense...

• 3 weeks later...

553 the (MTA) did the same thing. i heard on the forum that some drivers did their own homework by driving along the route on their own time with the left and right sheet.

Thats what I did, i was shown all routes in my garage and I forgot nearly all of them except the 501/507. So i followed every bus routes in my garage with a notebook. Being that im from the bx learning the roads down here was hard at first, but after i did that i was fine. Alot of gas but njt wasnt giving extra training.

Well remember what happened to me a couple months back on the 319? NJ Transit seems to be goofing off alot lately. This is a failure of multiple individuals. The driver should've realized she was lost and called for help, either from passengers or dispatch. I'm still baffled as to how an NJT operator wouldn't know where Port Authority is! And dispatch should have known the bus was off route. This certainly isn't very reassuring had an actual emergency had taken place. Then again in my situation there were also multiple failures. The driver didn't have his license with him, but dispatch failed to act by having one of the two 319's that left after us, pick up the passengers which spent hours at Cheesequake. Fortunately I got 2 courtesy tickets for that delay, but certainly these folks should get AT LEAST that if not more, since they were also cursed at by the bus driver. As many were monthly commuters I think they should get a free monthy pass. In my situation there was no communication either, the driver never announced what happened, and we had to go up front to ask. Considering many of these bus lines aren't exactly cheap fares, NJ Transit sure is letting things slip. I really would like to know what is going on over there. I got the impression from my experience NJ Transit is extremely poorly organized and one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. I just hope this driver isn't allowed back on the road again!

Must have been an ex-Veolia driver.

Must have been an ex-Veolia driver.

Been lots of complaints about them from Monmouth riders, someone said they had a wild driver on the 836 on the NJT Facebook page. 

"Did anyone get a load of the Madman thats driving the 836 bus between Asbury & freehold?We need to fight for our lives with him!"

" A number of people called Veolia after the incident.perhaps you should get the story from them.comuters are however talking about the removal of their contract.they cant seem to handle it,& we suffer for it."

http://www.facebook.com/NJTRANSIT?fref=ts

Been lots of complaints about them from Monmouth riders, someone said they had a wild driver on the 836 on the NJT Facebook page.

"Did anyone get a load of the Madman thats driving the 836 bus between Asbury & freehold?We need to fight for our lives with him!"

" A number of people called Veolia after the incident.perhaps you should get the story from them.comuters are however talking about the removal of their contract.they cant seem to handle it,& we suffer for it."

http://www.facebook.com/NJTRANSIT?fref=ts

They are ALWAYS LATE, frequently curtailed runs, and horrible drivers. Not bashing Veolia as a whole, but this operation is definitely one of their worst. Also, Veolia's contract is set to be renewed by the NJT board next week. http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/2013_7_11_BoardItems.pdf

They are ALWAYS LATE, frequently curtailed runs, and horrible drivers. Not bashing Veolia as a whole, but this operation is definitely one of their worst. Also, Veolia's contract is set to be renewed by the NJT board next week. http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/2013_7_11_BoardItems.pdf

I'm wondering what, if any say, Monmouth County has. But if they're anything like Ocean County they probably could care less. Just look at how pathetic Ocean Ride is.

I'm wondering what, if any say, Monmouth County has. But if they're anything like Ocean County they probably could care less. Just look at how pathetic Ocean Ride is.

The Board of County Commissioners partially funds the services, so they could give NJT a call and threaten to end or reduce their funding (or start their own bus system even) unless they evaluate Veolia's performance before re-awarding them the contract, but do you think they care one bit in this county? And you think Nassau's bad, the only thing they care about here are the commuter buses.

when i used to take 836. there was the worst line ever because they kept stretching there delay time longer. The main reasons is the downtown freehold where the court building is, rt 33 and rt 34 circle and going to centra state. When i first started riding this bus it was only to freehold mall and later extend to centra state. Rt 33 and Rt 34 circle get back up real bad and making it harder for bus to run on time. Usually it happen a lot during rush hour

I ask one time to the bus driver why are you always late at this time of day. Very nice lady driver who was able to respond to me nicely. She said the light between centra state and freehold mall killed the time and that why we cant keep up. She also saying something to do with timing on the schedule is way to short to get between two points. I have to agree with that on this.

if they let the 833 run to centra state it would probably help the 836 on time performance. The only bad part is that they dont run on weekend or after 7 pm. But i still think the 833 should go out to centra state then when they are in service end then 836 take over. the only delay that can build up on 833 is when the brookdale students need the ride between red bank and school. 

The Board of County Commissioners partially funds the services, so they could give NJT a call and threaten to end or reduce their funding (or start their own bus system even) unless they evaluate Veolia's performance before re-awarding them the contract, but do you think they care one bit in this county? And you think Nassau's bad, the only thing they care about here are the commuter buses.

I know, Long Island has it pretty good compared to Monmouth and Ocean. Too bad I love it because there's more woods and open space but u gotta have a car there period. Only the well heeled commuters would get attention, and we all know how those 139 riders are..lol  :lol:

HE HE there is a reason why I think distance commuter lines should absorb locals no I am not talking about NYC bound either.

pathetic is too nice a word the proper term to describe ocean ride is STREAMING PILE OF SHIT MIXED WITH SULFUR.

Archived