Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
R62A 1991

One Year Ago: R42 (G) Train

i cant believe long time ago the (G) used to use R40s and R42's

That was in the 80s. This was a big rarity, due to an R42 set being displaced by the flooding that weekend.

i wish the R32's were running although those R42's were good as well because the CI R42's could make a run for it.

i wish the R32's were running although those R42's were good as well because the CI R42's could make a run for it.

That same weekend....

NYCS_Budd_3501.jpg

i remember seeing an R-42 (F) that weekend as well....even though I loved seeing all the different types of trains.....getting anywhere the day after that storm was a 1000% mess!!!! Queens Blvd was crippled beyond belief...I remember seeing some trains completely out of service at stations in the middle of the day, lights out and all...it was certainly interesting though

i remember seeing an R-42 (F) that weekend as well....even though I loved seeing all the different types of trains.....getting anywhere the day after that storm was a 1000% mess!!!! Queens Blvd was crippled beyond belief...I remember seeing some trains completely out of service at stations in the middle of the day, lights out and all...it was certainly interesting though

Yeah, it was friday August 10th when it happened.

Mike Hodurski got photos of it. Here is one from nycsubway.org he sent:

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?71330

Also a set ran the day of the flooding, it was originally an (M).

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?71319