Spring creek union

EliteOperator81

Well spring creek is a ATU garage 1181 but I was curious since all the problems with 1181 what will happen to us. I hear a lot of school bus drivers who are part of 1181 might get the pink slip by the end of this month so , if that happens all that would be left in 1181 Is us spring creek depot and a few access a ride garages in which can not afford union members salaries on our union dues alone so does that means we will be force into another union of our choice?. It's very interesting how future events will unfold at S. C. , if anyone has any knowledge of what can possibly happen at the creek please share it ?

Can we pick our new union or will we be force into any one ?

Will we stay 1181 no matter what ?

So many thoughts....

Well Spring Creek is going to get the short hand of the stick, in a few years there will be no midday, evening, Saturday BM bus service and all BM runs which would rush hours only will be covered by part time drivers from what a Spring Creek Driver has told me and Spring Creek will hire more part timers. 

Well Spring Creek is going to get the short hand of the stick, in a few years there will be no midday, evening, Saturday BM bus service and all BM runs which would rush hours only will be covered by part time drivers from what a Spring Creek Driver has told me and Spring Creek will hire more part timers. 

I do know how true that is but it could be a possibility but I think that would depend on the city's finances. Quite frankly I've been actively trying to push to get BM express bus service restored or at least hold on to what we have but we need help. Spring Creek needs to get together with the communities and push for restorations for their own good.  More runs means more work for them.

I do know how true that is but it could be a possibility but I think that would depend on the city's finances. Quite frankly I've been actively trying to push to get BM express bus service restored or at least hold on to what we have but we need help. Spring Creek needs to get together with the communities and push for restorations for their own good.  More runs means more work for them.

But ATU 1181 is one screwed up union. For starters there has been a history of mob influence in ATU 1181 and some of the union members that approved the last contract which allowed for part time drivers were also a screwed up bunch to according to a Spring Creek driver. The city's finances have something to do with service and at the same time they dont have anything to do with service. MTA is using Spring Creek as a model depot for what they would like to see TWU and other ATU (726 and 1056) depots become like. 

But ATU 1181 is one screwed up union. For starters there has been a history of mob influence in ATU 1181 and some of the union members that approved the last contract which allowed for part time drivers were also a screwed up bunch to according to a Spring Creek driver. The city's finances have something to do with service and at the same time they dont have anything to do with service. MTA is using Spring Creek as a model depot for what they would like to see TWU and other ATU (726 and 1056) depots become like.

No question about that and the real issue is the depot isn't doing anything about it.  They've remained completely quiet while at least 10+ runs have been cut from each BM express bus line since about 2008.  That's a good 50+ runs cut overall...  <_<  It's not like they have anything else to fall back on either because people keep calling for the B100 to be merged with the B2 and the B103 while growing is not making up that many lost runs.

And its just not the service, it is the union contract that ATU 1181 got too which allowed for part time bus drivers and sold their soul to the MTA in other ways too. The B2 and B100 will not merge in the forseeable future and the B103 will continue to grow and the B103 is much much bigger than what it used to be under Command. 

Here is the Command B103 schedule

http://www.commandbus.com/Oct05/B103E.pdf

http://www.commandbus.com/Oct05/B103W.pdf

Here is the MTA Bus B103 schedule

http://www.mta.info/busco/schedules/b103cur.pdf

starting this summer the B103 will run until 1:15 AM daily

And its just not the service, it is the union contract that ATU 1181 got too which allowed for part time bus drivers and sold their soul to the MTA in other ways too. The B2 and B100 will not merge in the forseeable future and the B103 will continue to grow and the B103 is much much bigger than what it used to be under Command. 

Here is the Command B103 schedule

http://www.commandbus.com/Oct05/B103E.pdf

http://www.commandbus.com/Oct05/B103W.pdf

Here is the MTA Bus B103 schedule

http://www.mta.info/busco/schedules/b103cur.pdf

starting this summer the B103 will run until 1:15 AM daily

I realize that but still.  Imagine if they had the B103 AND some of those BM express bus runs.... There would be much more work... That's my point.  They can't complain about the lack of work when nothing is said about so many runs being lost. 

Well for starters I dont mind the BM5 being out of JFK......

Quite frankly I would support a move IF it meant more reliable service. The BM's run like garbage on Saturdays and it's really annoying and that's why I was hoping that Brooklyn would get Bus Time sooner rather than later.  That's part of the reason ridership has dropped because the buses just show up whenever which then makes them completely unattractive unless you're going somewhere and you have no choice but to use it.   Too many head games IMO. If the bus is supposed to do the Midtown and Downtown Loop segment, then don't go running into the tunnel and skipping Downtown completely, talking about oh he couldn't get Downtown, meanwhile how is it that the other BM's managed to get Downtown using the same exact routing? <_<   Stuff like that happens and there's only one bus per hour so then you're stuck having to take another BM and then schlepping to your destination.  Really inconvenient.

Quite frankly I would support a move IF it meant more reliable service. The BM's run like garbage on Saturdays and it's really annoying and that's why I was hoping that Brooklyn would get Bus Time sooner rather than later. .

Well the BM5 and QM15 never come on time, so it won't make a difference for me (QM15 JFK, BM5 SC). The thing though is that the BM5 is made to serve Lindenwood (Yes, Im not spewing out incorrect info) and the Spring Creek Residential Area. The QM15 is made to serve Middle Village (when the QM24 doesn't run) Rego Park, Forest Hills (when the QM12 doesn't run), Woodhaven, and Mainly Howard Beach and Lindenwood (good percentage of its ridership). The BM5 is fairly close to JFK or FR, but FR doesn't operate express service on Saturdays. Aren't JFK and FR ATU also anyways?

yes jfk and fr are atu  they are 1179,  didn't someone say they tried to force part time at another atu union i think it was 726 and they said no, and the mta can't force the rule change down the rank and file union members throats right?   I hope local 100 says no and holds the line.

I doubt brooklyn riders even care which is sad cause the BMs are very useful fast and direct to areas not near subways.

Quite frankly I would support a move IF it meant more reliable service. The BM's run like garbage on Saturdays and it's really annoying and that's why I was hoping that Brooklyn would get Bus Time sooner rather than later.  That's part of the reason ridership has dropped because the buses just show up whenever which then makes them completely unattractive unless you're going somewhere and you have no choice but to use it.   Too many head games IMO. If the bus is supposed to do the Midtown and Downtown Loop segment, then don't go running into the tunnel and skipping Downtown completely, talking about oh he couldn't get Downtown, meanwhile how is it that the other BM's managed to get Downtown using the same exact routing? <_<   Stuff like that happens and there's only one bus per hour so then you're stuck having to take another BM and then schlepping to your destination.  Really inconvenient.

simple cause many are not going to downtown that is why downtown is skipped. I think BM1 full time should skip downtown while BM3 serves downtown have them time and meet in kensington or timed connection.  Bus time may save the BMs I don't understand why MTA focused on BMs only though they are plenty of weak lines they could have cut back on 1 Bxm line and 2 QM lines technically 1.

I doubt brooklyn riders even care which is sad cause the BMs are very useful fast and direct to areas not near subways.

simple cause many are not going to downtown that is why downtown is skipped. I think BM1 full time should skip downtown while BM3 serves downtown have them time and meet in kensington or timed connection.  Bus time may save the BMs I don't understand why MTA focused on BMs only though they are plenty of weak lines they could have cut back on 1 Bxm line and 2 QM lines technically 1.

lol... We're talking about Saturdays when they're supposed to make ALL stops... And please with yet another crazy proposal.... No one wants to transfer to another express bus unless they have no choice.  

I can only speak for Saturdays since there isn't that much off-peak service during the week.  There are some riders Downtown.  I often times get on Downtown.

I dont have much knowledge on the BM1, 3, and 4. The BM5 and BM2 have a corrolation, because on rare occasions, you will see some BM5 riders take the B6 or B82 and then the BM2, because the 2 doesnt go to Spring Creek Saturdays. 

I dont have much knowledge on the BM1, 3, and 4. The BM5 and BM2 have a corrolation, because on rare occasions, you will see some BM5 riders take the B6 or B82 and then the BM2, because the 2 doesnt go to Spring Creek Saturdays. 

Why wouldn't it go to Spring Creek on Saturdays??

Archived