Spring creek union

EliteOperator81

@ breed , yes 1181 is garbage unfortunately the main reason why we got that horrible last contract was at that time the private guys out number bus guys so we ended up getting screwed , why would the senior guys care they get high paying runs with weekends off

@ breed , yes 1181 is garbage unfortunately the main reason why we got that horrible last contract was at that time the private guys out number bus guys so we ended up getting screwed , why would the senior guys care they get high paying runs with weekends off

What high paying runs?!?? There's barely anything left! You guys lost 50+ runs since 2008!

You are right but what does that to do with run pays nothing! They take away runs , spread the ones that's left which sucks because all the runs your at work all day we have a lot of 11 hr runs that's 55 hours 110 hours every two weeks GOOD PAYING RUNS

I don't know how they're able to still have that many hours with so few runs left.  

and i guess the good paying runs are the express that the seniors scoop up and the b103? am i right or wrong?

They only have the B100 and the B103, so that leaves the express buses.  I'm still having a hard time understanding how they get so many hours on the express buses though.  It must not be that many guys doing runs. They don't run at all on Sundays and they've cut a good 50+ runs on Saturday, not including the runs cut during the week. 

I wonder if the well paying express runs are those "swing" runs? Where the driver does one trip in the AM Rush, free to do whatever during the midday, then report somewhere to pick up a bus to do a trip in the PM Rush and then you're day is done.

I wonder if the well paying express runs are those "swing" runs? Where the driver does one trip in the AM Rush, free to do whatever during the midday, then report somewhere to pick up to bus to do a trip in the PM Rush and then you're day is done.

I would imagine that to be the case but they're (the (MTA)) trying to cut down on that sort of thing. I was talking with a B/O friend of mine last night coming to the city and I was asking him about the Yonkers situation.  Apparently they were supposed to move to Eastchester but the (MTA) didn't like that because it would pay too much deadhead time.  It would be foolish because buses would have to deadhead from Eastchester to Woodlawn, Yonkers and Riverdale. Not only that but the communities would make a stink too, arguing that reliability would be compromised. They even discussed the BxM11 going to Eastchester but that's a no go because that route carries and would mean too many hours being cut from Yonkers Depot, so the union wouldn't go for it.

For now Yonkers Depot will remain at least two years.  The city of Yonkers wants to keep the depot because it means jobs and tax revenue for them. If anything, the city of Yonkers will try to get the (MTA) to move elsewhere in Yonkers should that depot no longer be available and they decide to tear it down and build condos or something nearby.  In short if Spring Creek had a stronger union, I'm sure they would have more runs than they do now.

For now Yonkers Depot will remain at least two years.  The city of Yonkers wants to keep the depot because it means jobs and tax revenue for them. If anything, the city of Yonkers will try to get the (MTA) to move elsewhere in Yonkers should that depot no longer be available and they decide to tear it down and build condos or something nearby.  In short if Spring Creek had a stronger union, I'm sure they would have more runs than they do now.

and most importiantly hold firm on no part timers, i think this is the only union i have ever seen that hangs its rank and file out to dry in anyway shape or form from the school buses to the mta brand.

and most importiantly hold firm on no part timers, i think this is the only union i have ever seen that hangs its rank and file out to dry in anyway shape or form from the school buses to the mta brand.

That has to make you wonder how the local continues to stay with the ATU.

They only have the B100 and the B103, so that leaves the express buses.  I'm still having a hard time understanding how they get so many hours on the express buses though.  It must not be that many guys doing runs. They don't run at all on Sundays and they've cut a good 50+ runs on Saturday, not including the runs cut during the week. 

They did not cut 50 runs on Saturday. They might have cut more than 50 trips weekday and Saturday put together. There is a huge difference between a run and a trip. An example of what 50 runs would be like can include the weekday QM1, QM5, and QM6 put together. They definitely did not cut that much service. Spring Creek is still half express, they have less express than before, but from being mostly express, proportionally Spring Creek is similar to College Point when discussing how much local there is to express. 

They did not cut 50 runs on Saturday. They might have cut more than 50 trips weekday and Saturday put together. There is a huge difference between a run and a trip. An example of what 50 runs would be like can include the weekday QM1, QM5, and QM6 put together. They definitely did not cut that much service. 

50 trips then... You know exactly what I'm talking about but since we're being technical I stand corrected, since I did indeed used the incorrect term... The BM1, BM2 and BM3 all used to run until about 22:00 or so to Manhattan.  Each line has lost at least 7 trips going to Manhattan and about 2 - 3 trips going back to Brooklyn. That's 30 trips right there.  Add in the trips on the BM4 and BM5, and then the lost trip during the week and you have 50+ trips cut.

Couldn't the BM4 and BM5 have all weekend service cut since they have the least ridership out of all Brooklyn express routes and add more runs on the BM1, BM2 and BM3. The BM2 can have a partial extension to serve the area up to Queens border where the BM5 serves all the service in Queens can be covered by the QM15.

Yeah I already know there is going to be a problem with this idea -_-

Quite frankly I would support a move IF it meant more reliable service. The BM's run like garbage on Saturdays and it's really annoying and that's why I was hoping that Brooklyn would get Bus Time sooner rather than later.  That's part of the reason ridership has dropped because the buses just show up whenever which then makes them completely unattractive unless you're going somewhere and you have no choice but to use it.   Too many head games IMO. If the bus is supposed to do the Midtown and Downtown Loop segment, then don't go running into the tunnel and skipping Downtown completely, talking about oh he couldn't get Downtown, meanwhile how is it that the other BM's managed to get Downtown using the same exact routing? <_<   Stuff like that happens and there's only one bus per hour so then you're stuck having to take another BM and then schlepping to your destination.  Really inconvenient.

Damn right. And they don't follow the schedule for shit. They need to get BusTime on those BM routes ASAP.

50 trips then... You know exactly what I'm talking about but since we're being technical I stand corrected, since I did indeed used the incorrect term... The BM1, BM2 and BM3 all used to run until about 22:00 or so to Manhattan.  Each line has lost at least 7 trips going to Manhattan and about 2 - 3 trips going back to Brooklyn. That's 30 trips right there.  Add in the trips on the BM4 and BM5, and then the lost trip during the week and you have 50+ trips cut.

If you count the BM4 and BM5 that would be about 10 trips because the BM4 and BM5 had a smaller span than the BM1 BM2 BM3

Damn right. And they don't follow the schedule for shit. They need to get BusTime on those BM routes ASAP.

I had a B/O on the BM3 on Saturdays... Nice guy and all but he was consistently 25 - 30 minutes late on the Brooklyn bound trip.  I was usually late making my transfer from the X10 or X1 so it worked out I suppose because I would say well I'll just take a BM4 or something in and hop on the local bus the rest of the way, but he would eventually show up.  When you have hourly service I can understand coming 5-10 minutes later, but 25 - 30 minutes later is no good.

But if one conpears total work in the depot than and now you would see much more work now because of monumental increases on the B103.  which were  partly payed for with the span and service reduction do to lower ridership on the express routes.

Couldn't the BM4 and BM5 have all weekend service cut since they have the least ridership out of all Brooklyn express routes and add more runs on the BM1, BM2 and BM3. The BM2 can have a partial extension to serve the area up to Queens border where the BM5 serves all the service in Queens can be covered by the QM15.

Yeah I already know there is going to be a problem with this idea -_-

With the QM15, you still have all portions covered with a local to express transfer. With the BM5, it would make you take the already unreliable B6/B82 to the even more prolonged BM2 to Midtown. Total waste of time . Prolonging the BM2 to Lindenwood isn't gonna do anything, if anything, some may just walk to the QM15 (not a nice one By the way) or drive.

What I think is that the BM5 and QM15 need to pass every 30 minutes (currently, service is a 23/37 gap up to around the 1 to 2 PM slot, depending where you take the bus).

Archived