Pre-Interview and Lab Exam Question BOSS Exam C/R 8094

Alpha Saint

Hello guys/girls! I got a letter in the mail for Bus Operator to go to 180 for Pre-Interview and Lab. I just simply would like to know if at this time they will require me to have a CDL permit. I have not had a chance to go get it since I took the BOSS Exam. I'm going to attempt to pass the exam and get it but if I don't, will I have no further opportunity to get the permit at a later date? How long will I spend at this pre-interview about so I can notify my current employer? Thanks for any help. Much appreciated.

Which company is this you are applying to? I saw the 180 and thought of NJ Transit, at 180 Boyden Avenue in Maplewood. If this is whom you are talking about, I do not believe they schedule any Lab or medical stuff until you have all permits. They do an interview a few weeks after you take the test, if you pass it. They then tell you to go and get all permits, and then they schedule medical and Lab portions. This is my understanding anyway.

Hello guys/girls! I got a letter in the mail for Bus Operator to go to 180 for Pre-Interview and Lab. I just simply would like to know if at this time they will require me to have a CDL permit. I have not had a chance to go get it since I took the BOSS Exam. I'm going to attempt to pass the exam and get it but if I don't, will I have no further opportunity to get the permit at a later date? How long will I spend at this pre-interview about so I can notify my current employer? Thanks for any help. Much appreciated.

Hello & Congrats! If your reporting to 180 Livingston for processing. Expect to spend a couple hours there especially if you have all your documents in order. As far as the permit at MINIMUM you will have to show proof of your Driver's License and I do believe you have to show your permit as well. However, I would call ASAP to double check if you are required to have your CDL permit when you report {I already had my permit so I am not 100% sure}. They will be printing out your driving abstract right there so they will definitely know if you do or don't.

My sincere suggestion to you is to get it IMMEDIATELY!!!! Even if you have to go to different DMV offices {which I heard is an option if you want to

take the test/s more than once in the same day} If you don't study & get it quickly you will hold yourself up with the entire hiring process and they

will not guarantee holding a spot for you until you obtain it. They will move past you to the next person on the list who has their paperwork/medical etc in order.

I forgot to add: You will definitely need that Permit in order to be sworn in and assigned a date for training. As I'm sure you already know it's illegal to operate any commercial vehicle without it so the sooner the better.

Archived