n2 n8 routing change ?

You wish to inquire what exactly?

If you are referring to the modification to the routes that will take place along with the June 23 Service Changes then you can view them here, or in detail in the N2/N8 timetable below.

http://www.nicebus.com/_meta/UpcomingRoutes/NICE-n2-8_June2013web.pdf

As a courtesy to save you the time, the summary of the change is that the route will return to serving Covert Avenue, and will not travel on Hempstead Turnpike.

You wish to inquire what exactly?

If you are referring to the modification to the routes that will take place along with the June 23 Service Changes then you can view them here, or in detail in the N2/N8 timetable below.

http://www.nicebus.com/_meta/UpcomingRoutes/NICE-n2-8_June2013web.pdf

As a courtesy to save you the time, the summary of the change is that the route will return to serving Covert Avenue, and will not travel on Hempstead Turnpike.

As I've been suggesting for years, that route should be extended north to Jericho Tpke either via Covert Ave or Tulip Ave. Problem is,Floral Park is very anti-bus. That's what prevented the Q79 from being extended to the LIRR station.

As I've been suggesting for years, that route should be extended north to Jericho Tpke either via Covert Ave or Tulip Ave. Problem is,Floral Park is very anti-bus. That's what prevented the Q79 from being extended to the LIRR station.

That actually would be wise, but those damn NIMBY's have gotten in the way of progress many times. Hell, I'm surprised the current Q36 travels that far north on Little Neck Pkwy as it does.

No kidding, I never knew that. Its only like a block away from where the Q36 turns now or where the old Q79 ended. The residents of Floral Park really fought to not have that little extension?

That actually would be wise, but those damn NIMBY's have gotten in the way of progress many times. Hell, I'm surprised the current Q36 travels that far north on Little Neck Pkwy as it does.

Central Long Island is CAVEdweller territory.  It's looked exactly the same for the past 100 years.  Mitchel AFB was closed down only because planes kept crashing into nearby homes.

At the meeting, elderly lady who lives on discontinued portion of Franklin Av n8 route want one of bus route n2/n8 to go up north/south on Franklin Av.

If it was up to me, after Dutch Broadway, n2/n8 both could go up Franklin Av-New Hyde Park Rd to Tulip Av and return on Convernt Av.

At the meeting, elderly lady who lives on discontinued portion of Franklin Av n8 route want one of bus route n2/n8 to go up north/south on Franklin Av.

If it was up to me, after Dutch Broadway, n2/n8 both could go up Franklin Av-New Hyde Park Rd to Tulip Av and return on Convernt Av.

franklin ave has the N25 N8 was useless there.

franklin ave has the N25 N8 was useless there.

Nah, she should use the LIRR New Hyde Park station to get around.

(yes, I'm putting a pun on you since you seem to always be the LIRR fanboy in NICE topics lol)

Not really, considering the fact that they used to have the Q79 there (not to mention the express buses). It's only Floral Park that's heavy on the anti-bus NIMBYs.

Not really, considering the fact that they used to have the Q79 there (not to mention the express buses). It's only Floral Park that's heavy on the anti-bus NIMBYs.

The fact that the LIRR station is only a block away from the old Q79 (new Q36), I would have told the neighborhood to go f**k themselves and just do the little extension.

The fact that the LIRR station is only a block away from the old Q79 (new Q36), I would have told the neighborhood to go f**k themselves and just do the little extension.

I would have done it already and just had kept it quiet.

My point of view.

Yeah, it only seems they're anti-bus because from the research I did they didn't seem to have any problem with the Creedmore branch (which did operate till about 30 years ago).

N4 limited seems realistic. Not some N2 super express.

I wasn't even trying to be realistic. You just asked what further changes they could make so I just foamed a bit :D

But yeah, an n4l does seem realistic now that you mention it.

I wonder what else they can do to these routes...

who knows maybe reshape N8 into a freeport jamacia route via atlantic ave and ocean ave to dutch broadway/murdock/liberty I am sure that can increase ridership. SSP can be safely used but only one exit over due to low bridge. N2 dunno great neck or roslyn via LIJ can work

who knows maybe reshape N8 into a freeport jamacia route via atlantic ave and ocean ave to dutch broadway/murdock/liberty I am sure that can increase ridership. SSP can be safely used but only one exit over due to low bridge. N2 dunno great neck or roslyn via LIJ can work

No.

Archived