n2 n8 routing change ?

I wasn't even trying to be realistic. You just asked what further changes they could make so I just foamed a bit :D

But yeah, an n4l does seem realistic now that you mention it.

I knew that. Why would there be a super express when Mangano gonna cry broke again ;-)

n2 super express and n4LTD? :D

N4 limited seems realistic. Not some N2 super express.

An N4 LIMITED may be coming sooner than you think. It's a very good idea, but hasn't been implemented yet because the demand/need for it is not really there yet.

who knows maybe reshape N8 into a freeport jamacia route via atlantic ave and ocean ave to dutch broadway/murdock/liberty I am sure that can increase ridership. SSP can be safely used but only one exit over due to low bridge. N2 dunno great neck or roslyn via LIJ can work

Absolutely not.

I think the demand for an N4 LTD has been there for the longest.

If the demand was as strong as some say and was there for the longest like you say, I think the (MTA) would have implemented it like they did with the N6 LIMITED.

If the demand was as strong as some say and was there for the longest like you say, I think the (MTA) would have implemented it like they did with the N6 LIMITED.

In my opinion most of the N6's ridership originates from areas near bus stops that would not be served with a limited service. In other words, a limited wouldn't have as many riders at the local if both existed.

In my opinion most of the N6's ridership originates from areas near bus stops that would not be served with a limited service. In other words, a limited wouldn't have as many riders at the local if both existed.

Well, I don't know about "most" of the ridership, because the numbers per bus stop were never given out and probably never even counted, but the N6 LIMITED was always packed when I saw it. That may not happen with an n4 LIMITED, which is what I was saying before, that the demand probably wasn't there for it.

Well, I don't know about "most" of the ridership, because the numbers per bus stop were never given out and probably never even counted, but the N6 LIMITED was always packed when I saw it. That may not happen with an n4 LIMITED, which is what I was saying before, that the demand probably wasn't there for it.

Damn, that was a major typo.

That post was meant to reflect the lack of Limited service on the N4 rather than the N6.

Basically apply that post to the N4, rather than the N6. Sorry about that.

This is right.  A lot of people get on in between Freeport and RVC.  There are still people waiting in Valley Stream as well, but not as many as you'd see farther east.

I don't really know if demand is there but a bus doesn't need to be packed to be successful. As long as it relieves some crowding on the local and you get the LTD at least half full then why not. You don't have to run the LTD every 10 minutes or so. Just put in a few AM and PM trips to start out with.

I don't really know if demand is there but a bus doesn't need to be packed to be successful. As long as it relieves some crowding on the local and you get the LTD at least half full then why not. You don't have to run the LTD every 10 minutes or so. Just put in a few AM and PM trips to start out with.

I suppose there could be an arrangement similar to how the "X routes" are set up. Maybe NICE will take the advice if it is suggested to them.

No.

evidence to support? other than hating on QJT

This combines N36 and N8 into a more frequent route and it links the elmont area to the babylon line as most trains just serve RVC and east. It also makes getting to that area easier and can increase elmont ridership it is more direct to jamacia from elmont as well.

An N4 LIMITED may be coming sooner than you think. It's a very good idea, but hasn't been implemented yet because the demand/need for it is not really there yet.

Absolutely not.

I admit the N2 thing may not work but the reasoning behind N8 is

This combines N36 and N8 into a more frequent route and it links the elmont area to the babylon line as most trains just serve RVC and east. It also makes getting to that area easier and can increase elmont ridership it is more direct to jamacia from elmont as well.

I admit the N2 thing may not work but the reasoning behind N8 is

Can you please explain the n36 and n8 combination?

Can you please explain the n36 and n8 combination?

ok the new resulting route would have the N8 designation it will start at jamacia parsons (F) and serve archer as well it will end at freeport LIRR. Here is how the N8/N36 combination would work it will follow N36's route towards long beach road then it goes up long beach road to lincoln ave then via LIRR station stopping at rockville centre LIRR then it continues on ocean ave then gets on the SSP via left turn to avoid the low bridge via the entrance from southbound hempstead ave traffic then immediately exits at the next exit avoiding the next bridge using exit 16 to franklin ave then it begins to serve dutch broadway to elmont rd to linden blvd it then continues to frances lweis blvd to murdock via Q83's routing being closed door in queens to jamacia it ends at parsons blvd (F) so after jamacia center it then uses parsons rather than Q83's full route.

ok the new resulting route would have the N8 designation it will start at jamacia parsons (F) and serve archer as well it will end at freeport LIRR. Here is how the N8/N36 combination would work it will follow N36's route towards long beach road then it goes up long beach road to lincoln ave then via LIRR station stopping at rockville centre LIRR then it continues on ocean ave then gets on the SSP via left turn to avoid the low bridge via the entrance from southbound hempstead ave traffic then immediately exits at the next exit avoiding the next bridge using exit 16 to franklin ave then it begins to serve dutch broadway to elmont rd to linden blvd it then continues to frances lweis blvd to murdock via Q83's routing being closed door in queens to jamacia it ends at parsons blvd (F) so after jamacia center it then uses parsons rather than Q83's full route.

Have you ever considered the use of interpunction? In your longer posts I always get confused halfway because of no interpunction.

Archived