General Camera/Photography Discussion

Who makes the camera that you shoot transit with?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes the camera that you shoot transit with?

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y2Julio says: "Buy a Nikon DSLR for $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.95 and dozens upon dozens of similarly priced lenses, or you suck and i will punish you by saying NEIN for 57 minutes!!!!!!! And if you get a Canon, I will sell your soul to the devil!!!!!!" SMFH!! :P

Sony bought their DSLR division from Minolta. Their early cameras were Minolta rebadges, but now that they've really sunk their teeth into the designs, I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. Sony = garbage.

Canon, Nikon, Olympus and Panasonic make good systems for the money. If you've got the coin, there are a few different options, but command a high price. Generally speaking though, a DSLR from either of those manufacturers will leave you pleased.

Nikon and Sony is way better at DSLR's than Canon.

I'm planning on trying out different DSLR's soon at J&R I'm going to try Nikon and Sony and see which one feels more comfortable.

Here for pictures shot by me taken with a Blackberry Curve 8330 1.3 Megapixel camera, a Olympus FE-5010 12 Megapixel P&S camera, a Nikon Coolpix L18 and Olympus E-410 SLR camera. They are not in order. Can you guess which one was the SLR? The camera doesn't matter, it is the person behind the camera... Also Canon SLRs take good pictures, I have two myself I can't even imagine why you would want one. If you wanna learn how to take good pictures, screw around with your camera or use film.

4697659395_9ccde6ca89_b.jpg

4604704573_dd2e0584b0_b.jpg

3865035439_1110bc3c86_b.jpg

4220267686_cdf92090e7_b.jpg

The camera doesn't matter, it is the person behind the camera...

You mean to tell me that you took a photo with an DSLR and you couldn't get it to come out better than a smartphone camera or P&S camera.

Yeah you're absolutely right it is the person behind the camera. :cry:

You mean to tell me that you took a photo with an DSLR and you couldn't get it to come out better than a smartphone camera or P&S camera.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:P I didn't say that

IT IS THE TRUTH!!!! ]THE PERSON ]BEHIND THE CAMERADOESN'T AUTOMATICALLY SUCK IF HE HAS A P&S!!!!! LOL! I love my Panasonic and ain't nothin gonna make me suck because of it!

While true, it's no comparison if you compare it to someone with a DSLR who knows what they are doing.

Nikon and Sony is way better at DSLR's than Canon.

I'm planning on trying out different DSLR's soon at J&R I'm going to try Nikon and Sony and see which one feels more comfortable.

They are all similar in quality. The majority of people use Nikons and Canons. However, you don't have an SLR yet so you can't exactly say that Nikon and Sony are way better than Canon. All three produce excellent quality pictures.

While true, it's no comparison if you compare it to someone with a DSLR who knows what they are doing.

I'm not saying that I'm better than anybody else, I am just saying that I am trying to make the best of what I got, and so far, I love my style!:cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Invest in a good telephoto lens if you want to take a close up shot of that (D) train approaching Coney 500 ft away. If you want to take pics with so much stuff within the frame then invest in a good wide angle lens.

Differences between the two: http://www.stsite.com/camera/telephoto-wideangle.php

Edited by TrainFanatic