General Camera/Photography Discussion

Who makes the camera that you shoot transit with?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes the camera that you shoot transit with?

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just have 2 questions , I have a samsung tl220 hd camera touch screen , I use " Close Up Photography mode . What other modes should I use to make my pictures better ? " beauty shot mode , frame guide mode , night , portrait , children , landscape , text , sunset , dawn , backlight , fireworks , or beach & snow or auto smart mode , I'm trying to male my pictures come out better , what modes do you guys use ?

I'm gonna tell you and everyone else this: Different cameras take photos in their own way. No matter how much you try to replicate settings, the photo will be different. The settings people tell you - use them as a guide and then tweak said settings to what you think is the best.

Try landscape.

I'm gonna tell you and everyone else this: Different cameras take photos in their own way. No matter how much you try to replicate settings, the photo will be different. The settings people tell you - use them as a guide and then tweak said settings to what you think is the best.

Try landscape.

Thanks

Better work on taking decent photos first...

Thanks , im gonna try working on holding the camera still to capture the photos & then work on video recording

Well guys I settled for less...and smaller my New Camera is now a FujiFilm Finepix JV100..it was the best I could do and within my budget for the moment but I must say I've taken a few pictures with this camera and it actually kicks ass for a Point-N-Shoot camera hopefully it'll hold up for a while, look for bus pics soon.

The camera that brought you deep-zoom images and sharp shots in my last photo thread "A Sunny Warm Day" was irreversibly damaged the day after. The screen chip that I replaced in August broke, AND the camera won't power on AT ALL no matter how fresh the battery is, AND the exposure button fell right off. SOOOOOO, it is scrapped.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I am left with the canon, which I use for videos. It does take photos, but it has a mind of its own, with some random images looking good, but most of them come out with lines in it or the image is just plain white, as seen here. Also the good images (usually only taken with full 4x zoom) have ghosts in it.

The Panasonic (which was a hand-me-down from another transit fan) made it 8 months in my possession. Rust in Peace!

When and if I get a new camera (I don't care if it's compact or bulky), the following standards are:

1. 12x optical zoom or MORE

2. Optical zoom while filming video

3. Wide angle lens

4. HD video capabilities

5. Manual mode

6. .avi format video (preferred, but not necessary)

I am currently looking at the Nikon P100. (I can always still use the Canon for my "Da Moments" videos)

That is all for now.

Edited by buswizard

The nikon P100 has issues when zooming in and out with the sound. i was going to get that and I seen that and took my talents to Canon. Sonys/Canon offer the best with zoom and good sound. Canon/Sony most of them dont blur when zooming in and out and allow you to use optical while using video mode.

When picking a HD camera becareful, alot of them are ass. You cant go wrong with Canon/Sony. Alot of them have issues with a still image in video mode.

If you want a camera with all that, may as well head into SLR Land and get one with a video mode. But thats just me l0l. I use a canon sx130 for videos.

Looking for a HD cam you have to be picky, because some has alot of good things, but then you loose some. You may find one with great quality, but then the focus is slow, or the battery life sucks, or has sound issues while zooming in/out, or the image is shaky in video mode.

Just go to a cam store and test all of them out.

^ To add onto this post.

If you really want to see the video quality in general first, check out YouTube for video quality tests on cameras, I'm sure whatever camera you are looking at, you can find a video quality test video on the site. As for the photo quality and such, its best to actually read reviews, its how I got my current advanced P&S for videos & my new TV. It actually helps.

^ To add onto this post.

If you really want to see the video quality in general first, check out YouTube for video quality tests on cameras, I'm sure whatever camera you are looking at, you can find a video quality test video on the site. As for the photo quality and such, its best to actually read reviews, its how I got my current advanced P&S for videos & my new TV. It actually helps.

Thats how I got my TV! Im a Vizio man! The picture quality is insanely amazing!

Okay...I have the Samsung TL220 camera so maybe I can help you out with how to work the thing:

Use program mode. I started breaking into the camera with program mode to adjust the exposure, ISO, white balance, etc. I don't bother using flash, or, I try not to use it as it doesn't really do justice.

With the ISO, set it to 80 for sunny outdoor shots, 100 or 200 for cloudy shots, and 400 for underground.

White balance is straight-forward....

Exposure...set it two notches below 0, at -0.3 or -0.7. That always helps me out...if i can't retake the shot I'll just edit it at home.

Hope these help out. If you have any more questions lemme know before April...cuz I'm upgrading soon.

Okay...I have the Samsung TL220 camera so maybe I can help you out with how to work the thing:

Use program mode. I started breaking into the camera with program mode to adjust the exposure, ISO, white balance, etc. I don't bother using flash, or, I try not to use it as it doesn't really do justice.

With the ISO, set it to 80 for sunny outdoor shots, 100 or 200 for cloudy shots, and 400 for underground.

White balance is straight-forward....

Exposure...set it two notches below 0, at -0.3 or -0.7. That always helps me out...if i can't retake the shot I'll just edit it at home.

Hope these help out. If you have any more questions lemme know before April...cuz I'm upgrading soon.

Thanks , i use upclose photography mode , its good for catching motion photos during the day but at night i use auto mode with flash , but thanks , ill do that with my cam now

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys and girls do u have an idea for a cheap DSLR camera

Recently ive been using a samsung ES73, the camera is great for daytime photos but once it gets cloudy or rains or snows it turns to pure garbage id like a DSLR camera that give HD videos as well ( since i have a transit focused Youtube chanel )any ideas would be great!

A SLR with a F/Stop of 2.8 or lower will get you good night shots. A SLR-Like P&S has manual mode but you cant do a whole lot with it in manual mode. For About 500 or 600 you can get a decent slr and you would need to purchase a low light lens with a f/stop 2.8 or lower. If you get a SLR with a internal AF Motor then the low light lens wont cost as much. However if you get a SLR without a internal AF Motor the low light lens will cost a little more.

• 3 weeks later...

When my mom gave me camera back after borrowing it(last month) , It can only take 8 pics and 10 seconds worth of vids. and even if I resize , I still have way more space than that. I tried re-inserting the mem card and it still won't give me all my memory. What's up?:confused: