General Camera/Photography Discussion

Who makes the camera that you shoot transit with?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes the camera that you shoot transit with?

Well how much memory is on the card? Some cameras, or most cameras have settings you can change.

Example:

Video Mode, 320x200(VGA), 640x400(Fine), or HD 1280x720. Maybe its on a higher setting thats taking up alot of space quickly and maybe your memory card doesnt have a ton of memory. Check the memory on your memory card first before you start jumping all over the place.

And check your image settings: Ex.

JPEG 4000x3000

JPEG 2816x2112

JPEG 1600x1200

JPEG 640x480,

JPEG 4000x2248

The higher the image res. the larger the size of the image on the memory card.

[Edit] Didnt read all of your post, maybe your memory card is locked?

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the pics were on the camera not the mem card and now I must get either or! I'm just hoping it's the mem card I have to replace!

Check to see where the camera is saving its files to. If it's saving your pictures to the camera's internal memory, change it to save to the memory card. If after this it still doesn't give everything... or it was saving to the card in the first place... then check the access lock as others have said. It should be in the up position. If that still doesn't work...

• 2 months later...

Well I'm saving up money to buy another DSLR (Either another Nikon or Sony Camera) and well these are the features I'm looking for.

HD Video

Sweep Panorama

Great Quality Photos

Non Easy DSLR

And good for some starlight and other effects

And for around $700 or $800

so thats what I'm aiming for. So any suggestions feel me to post em here

Daniel:cool:

Well I'm saving up money to buy another DSLR (Either another Nikon or Sony Camera) and well these are the features I'm looking for.

HD Video

Sweep Panorama

Great Quality Photos

Non Easy DSLR

1. Any reason why you are looking into Sony?

2. You can achieve that with your H20....if you only took care of it...

3. ANY CAMERA can achieve that, just gotta know how to use it!

4. Depending on the user, most DSLRs are not easy to use.

5. There are filters for that.

I currently use a Nikon DSLR and I'm planning for an upgrade.

So you feel more comfortable with those brands? I know what you mean. I used to use a Fuji camera that was Made in Japan that I bought when living back in Europe and I still swear by the brand today. :cool: They make really good cameras. Sony makes good products too, but they're just not durable IMO.

1. Any reason why you are looking into Sony?

2. You can achieve that with your H20....if you only took care of it...

3. ANY CAMERA can achieve that, just gotta know how to use it!

4. Depending on the user, most DSLRs are not easy to use.

5. There are filters for that.

1. I heard it sell really great products also

2. That was my fault

3. Thats true:cool:

4. Well you do have a great point about that

5. Oh. Maybe I should try one:p

Not to be rude but be able to get DSLR quality shots from your current DSLR before you go buying a new one. I have a P&S and look at the photos I post, my shots can be comparable to that of a DSLR

Remember, its the person behind the camera not the equipment that plays the key role in good photos. A good photographer can get good shots with any equipment.

examples

IMG_3579.jpg

IMG_3565.jpg

If I can do that with a P&S, you should be able to do better with a DLSR.

P.S Lower your ISO!

HD Video

Sweep Panorama

Great Quality Photos

Non Easy DSLR

Daniel, you have a camera capable of 720p video. Don't bother.

I have NEVER seen an SLR that allows you to do a "sweep" panorama. (The Sony Alphas with the translucent mirrors aren't technically SLR's) It's a gimmick created for the cheaper point-and-shoots to attract customers. Real panoramas are done with a bit of skill and patience.

It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a camera. Back in the day when people had to use film EVERYTHING was done manually, yes, people used light meters to help evaluate the surrounding light before they could snap away- film isn't something you can waste with a few test shots.

Be glad you already have a digital camera. You are improving slowly with every photo thread but there's SO MUCH MORE you can do with that camera of yours. Come on man, don't spend any more money than you have to. Seriously.

Edited by SoSpectacular

Stick with what you have. There is no need to be buying another SLR. What are you trying to prove? Save up and buy lenses. You can hardly take perfect shots now, so why get another SLR. The camera is not going to get you better shots. If you cant use it you will see the outcome in the pics. Dont you have a HD video camera? Stop wasting money. If your HD camera is broken, almost every P&S they make nowadays have HD video and you can find one for a reasonable price. Lower the ISO in your underground shots. Your video camera, clean your lens. If your not going to take care of your camera then you shouldnt be fooling around with a $700 to $800 SLR with HD if you cant even keep a P&S lens clean.

Stick with what you have. There is no need to be buying another SLR. What are you trying to prove? Save up and buy lenses. You can hardly take perfect shots now, so why get another SLR. The camera is not going to get you better shots. If you cant use it you will see the outcome in the pics. Dont you have a HD video camera? Stop wasting money. If your HD camera is broken, almost every P&S they make nowadays have HD video and you can find one for a reasonable price. Lower the ISO in your underground shots. Your video camera, clean your lens. If your not going to take care of your camera then you shouldnt be fooling around with a $700 to $800 SLR with HD if you cant even keep a P&S lens clean.

Daniel, you have a camera capable of 720p video. Don't bother.

I have NEVER seen an SLR that allows you to do a "sweep" panorama. (The Sony Alphas with the translucent mirrors aren't technically SLR's) It's a gimmick created for the cheaper point-and-shoots to attract customers. Real panoramas are done with a bit of skill and patience.

It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a camera. Back in the day when people had to use film EVERYTHING was done manually, yes, people used light meters to help evaluate the surrounding light before they could snap away- film isn't something you can waste with a few test shots.

Be glad you already have a digital camera. You are improving slowly with every photo thread but there's SO MUCH MORE you can do with that camera of yours. Come on man, don't spend any more money than you have to. Seriously.

Not to be rude but be able to get DSLR quality shots from your current DSLR before you go buying a new one. I have a P&S and look at the photos I post, my shots can be comparable to that of a DSLR

Remember, its the person behind the camera not the equipment that plays the key role in good photos. A good photographer can get good shots with any equipment.

examples

IMG_3579.jpg

IMG_3565.jpg

If I can do that with a P&S, you should be able to do better with a DLSR.

P.S Lower your ISO!

I concur.

It's not the camera, but the person behind the camera.

A camera is a machine. It does not have any photography skill.

I have a Thunderbolt and this is what comes out

kr6874.jpgKRthunder7845.jpg

And this is what I end up with so to me I don't have to spend mad paper for a skill that just comes with a press ....Now if I could get RAPTURE's FRED G's cam then I would say damnnnn but for me this is kosher

I agree with the guys above. I shoot with Song SLR's and I have the a300 and my girl just upgraded hers to the Sony a580 and the video is ok but must be on tripod to get anything of quality. Also the sound absolutely sucks during playback.

Get yourself a better lense and hold the camera steady and you will be better off.

I agree with the guys above. I shoot with Song SLR's and I have the a300 and my girl just upgraded hers to the Sony a580 and the video is ok but must be on tripod to get anything of quality. Also the sound absolutely sucks during playback.

Get yourself a better lense and hold the camera steady and you will be better off.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks so, the Alpha 33 mic is also terrible.