Went for pre-interview last month for conductor and never got called back

CR8094

I went down to 180 Livingston Street on May 22nd for pre-interview for Conductor and everyone had their drug test done that day. However, they didn't want to do my drug test that day because I had two previous fines with the MTA (for walking between subway cars in 2007 and for riding the Bx12 Select Bus without the receipt from the machine in 2011). So I had to go TAB which is across the street from 180 Livingston and get the disposition and I brought that back to 180 Livingston the same day (May 22nd). When I gave the disposition letter to the lady, I asked her if I was going to do the drug test and she said "not today, management has to go over this with a decision and we will call you back or send you a letter in the mail, one or the other". So I said "ok" and then I was done for the day. Thing is that this was a month ago and they haven't neither called me nor sent me any letter. I'm worried that I might have gotten disqualified from working for the MTA just because of those fines. Oh and by the way I paid both fines promptly when I got those summonses. So the fact that I didn't do the drug test that day unlike everyone else and also that I haven't heard from them when they said to everyone that they will call them back in a couple of weeks to come back and get sworn it and they haven't called me and its been a month now I'm really worried that they are not going to hire me. Should I call them and ask what happened? If anyone on here has any info regarding this please comment on this post. I really want this job and I never ever imagined that getting summonses for MTA violations would actually impact me in getting a job with the MTA. Its not like I committed a crime or something serious like that so I find this ridiculous, especially since I paid both fines, and especially since I was honest about it on the form they mailed me along with the pre-employment letter last month. So I'm very concerned about this. I think I should call them and see what happened

Then you haven't been paying attention here...

Esp if you filled out that 21 page Booklet...

Well, they haven't even called me yet, so no booklet.

My concern is will a summons not get you the job.

There is no definitive yes or no answer anyone of us can give for your question that is solely an HR decision. I can offer this: If your upfront it MAY not be an issue depending on what the summons was for and if you have a disposition for it. All summons and arrests etc do not automatically disqualify you. However, if you DON'T mention it at all in your paperwork (booklet) that's like shooting yourself in the foot because they will find out during your background investigation. And at that point it is considered an automatic disqualification even if you are already in training or already on the job it's automatic curtains.

I know of a few individuals who had incarceration and summons issues in the past who still we're hired there was a guy in my training class who had to bring in a disposition and was hired. That was in 2008 so I don't remember exactly what his issue was but, again as I said it all depends. You could call HR and ask a general question just don't give any personal info as far as name, list number etc. See what you can find out about your particular summons issue without putting yourself on front street just yet than you can make the decision if it's something your going to pursue or not.

Hope that helps a little.

Archived