New Flyer Industries acquires NABI for $80 Million

Cait Sith

With all of this, I wonder whats the status of the BRT model.

NABI will continue to offer the BRT.  They spoke about it on the conference call as a product that may be more attractive to some traditional NFI customers than the BRT modifications that New Flyer has offered in the past.

From a contact of mine, one of the last if not the last NABI Metro 45c's leaving Anniston. It'll stop at Jurupa Valley briefly prior to heading over to Los Angeles.

1044751_4477504714849_576206370_n.jpg

Not a great glimmer of hope but someone has inquired about the tooling for the Compo Bus !  

Not a great glimmer of hope but someone has inquired about the tooling for the Compo Bus !  

Well under the same notion MTS hasn't done much with the RTS tooling equipment, and MCI never did anything with Flxible's equipment.

Either way, great news to hear. We can only wish for the best.

To be honest, i'm surprised this was even allowed. The only other major players left are Nova and Gillig (Haven't heard about Designline or MTS getting any big orders as of late.) I'm surprised that whateveritscalled hasn't put a stop to this. I know there are some smaller guys like Eldorado and ABC, but I thought it would've been considered too much of a monopoly for it to go through. Or is NFI not bound by those regulations for whatever reasons?

To be honest, i'm surprised this was even allowed. The only other major players left are Nova and Gillig (Haven't heard about Designline or MTS getting any big orders as of late.) I'm surprised that whateveritscalled hasn't put a stop to this. I know there are some smaller guys like Eldorado and ABC, but I thought it would've been considered too much of a monopoly for it to go through. Or is NFI not bound by those regulations for whatever reasons?

You're referring to the United States antitrust law. I'm sure they're regulate as most if not all corporations are. I'd think it has to do with another corporation starting a claim against New Flyer, but I wouldn't know exactly.

One thing for sure, New Flyer is looking like they want complete control of the market.

Even after New Flyer owning NABI they will only have 42% of the market so Gillig, Nova , and Eldorado will be fine.

How the hell is Eldorado even in buisness?

Simply put, I want them to stay in my city.

Not really, but a good portion of the market share is cutaway sales and sales of transit buses to private operators. Vii 4 Life elaborated on that a bit.

Eldorado makes a lot of smaller minibuses, and they get business for the bigger buses from colleges, airports, community shuttle operations and other small bus services.

I believe they manufacture both school buses and transit buses. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a large school bus parts division as well

I believe they manufacture both school buses and transit buses. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a large school bus parts division as well

ElDorado doesn't directly, but Thor has IC for school bus manufacturing purposes.

So yes, you're correct there.

Orion VII 4 Life is right.

Thor's bus companies are Champion Bus, Eldorado, and Goshen Coach.  Thor also own many recreational RV and travel trailer manufacturers, Thor also owned ambulance and emergency vehicle manufacturers but recently sold off those companies.   

IC is a Navistar/International company. Only thing Thor has to do with them is Eldorado using their chassis on some minibus models.

Orion VII 4 Life is right.

Thor's bus companies are Champion Bus, Eldorado, and Goshen Coach.  Thor also own many recreational RV and travel trailer manufacturers, Thor also owned ambulance and emergency vehicle manufacturers but recently sold off those companies.   

Damn. I'll admit it, I was mistaken.

Archived