Twinkies To Return To Shelves July 15, Hostess Says

Turbo19

NEW YORK — Hostess is betting on a sweet comeback for Twinkies when they return to shelves next month.

The company that went bankrupt after an acrimonious fight with its unionized workers last year is back up and running under new owners and a leaner structure. It says it plans to have Twinkies and other snack cakes back on shelves starting July 15.

Based on the outpouring of nostalgia sparked by its demise, Hostess is expecting a blockbuster return next month for Twinkies and other sugary treats, such as CupCakes and Donettes. The company says the cakes will taste the same but that the boxes will now bear the tag line "The Sweetest Comeback In The History Of Ever."

Read More: Source

Good to hear! I'm sure a lot of people I know will be happy to hear they can get their Hostess sugar fill again!

No doubt about that. Also expect people on the other side of the discussion to cite the continued contribution to the deterioration of people's health.

Personally this makes no difference to me as I'm not really huge on snack cakes, but surely like you said, many are pleased due to the return of Hostess.

I see lineups at 7-11s and Key Foods everywhere to grab the first boxes lol. Screw the PS4/Xbox One release, the next iPhones or GTA5, I got a feeling this is gonna be BIG.

Another junk product to help boost the obesity ratings... Just what we need...  <_< I haven't had a Twinkie for well over 15 years so I certainly won't be running to have one anytime soon.

Shut up and enjoy the cakey goodness!

Another junk product to help boost the obesity ratings... Just what we need...  <_< I haven't had a Twinkie for well over 15 years so I certainly won't be running to have one anytime soon.

I don't blame you. I probably had ten all together in the last five years.

It's only a junk product that boost obesity if you eat one every damn hour.  I'll probably pick some up occasionally.

Which is true, but you, I, and everyone else both know it's only a matter of time before health extremists go and slander Hostess' return.

I see lineups at 7-11s and Key Foods everywhere to grab the first boxes lol. Screw the PS4/Xbox One release, the next iPhones or GTA5, I got a feeling this is gonna be BIG.

Shut up and enjoy the cakey goodness!

Going to be big, doubt it. It's just food. You have to be desperate to get riled up for that.

I'll be sure to buy multiple boxes at once, Mr. No-Fun-Allowed.

I've never had a Twinkie in my whole life.

You're not missing out on much...

I'll be sure to buy multiple boxes at once, Mr. No-Fun-Allowed.

lol... If you told me you bought Zingers in multiple boxes then I'd be okay with but Twinkies are so blah... More dry cake than actual cream...

I've never had a Twinkie in my whole life.

Yeah, I haven't had a Twinkie in years. They never really interested me.

Well at least it's good that from an economic perspective to see a company get back on its feet which is a win-win situation for the laid off employees. So to me, despite the horrible products they make which tastes like stale toast to my toungue, I am very happy to hear this.

Well at least it's good that from an economic perspective to see a company get back on its feet which is a win-win situation for the laid off employees. So to me, despite the horrible products they make which tastes like stale toast to my toungue, I am very happy to hear this.

Yeah, ultimately it's great that more can be employed under the new Hostess LLC. They even retained some original workers as well.

I also haven't ate a twinkie in well over a decade..... Doubt it'll taste the way it used to anyway.....

To me it's the equivalent to taking some Wonder and put a shitload of frosting in between. Kind of repulsive in a way. Overpowering aftertaste for sure.

Waiting for Drake's; now split back from Hostess, but picked up by Little Debbie. Don't know what they're doing with it. I heard from someone December. They're going to be baked at a Little Debbie plant, which is already running, so I don't know why they're letting Hostess get this big lead! (And they're only going to be from MD to ME now. All the places they had expanded to and even Florida, the one remote state that always had them, are being left out).

Archived