Crazed commuter sprays pepper spray in Harlem in crowded Bronx-bound 6 train; two hospitalized

Harry

post-5097-0-62111800-1372088855_thumb.jpg
Two people were hospitalized Saturday after an unhinged straphanger unleashed a hazardous helping of pepper spray onto a crowded Bronx-bound 6 train in Harlem, sources said. FDNY and Police sources said the crazed commuter sprayed pepper spray at a stranger he was quarrelling with just after 3:30 p.m. as the train idled at the 96th St. and Lexington Ave. station. At least three people were overcome by noxious fumes, FDNY sources said. Paramedics rushed two men to St. Luke's and Lenox Hill Hospital. A third person was treated at the scene, according to an FDNY spokesman. 

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-62111800-1372088855_thumb.jpg

To pull out pepper spray after a heated exchange though? What a punk ass.

Stuff like this is why you have to cautious, wary, and skeptical of EVERYONE when you're within the public realm....

But to have such disregard for everyone else on that packed subway train, speaks for itself.... Utterly disgusting....

To pull out pepper spray after a heated exchange though? What a punk ass.

Stuff like this is why you have to cautious, wary, and skeptical of EVERYONE when you're within the public realm....

But to have such disregard for everyone else on that packed subway train, speaks for itself.... Utterly disgusting....

How dare you use the word punk in vain. :lol:

Interestingly enough, the articles comments are contradicting. Seems like someone is trying to save face and run. <_<

It's possible the pepper-sprayer genuinely felt threatened, but regardless should have stayed around for the police

lol He would've been a fool to do so since most pepper sprays that people carry are illegal anyway here in NYC.  Better off running and possibly getting away.  There are some that are legal but they're pretty strict about which ones can be used.  I know because I've carried pepper spray on me.  Not exactly stuff that anyone should play with because can really do some damage with that stuff. 

lol He would've been a fool to do so since most pepper sprays that people carry are illegal anyway here in NYC.  Better off running and possibly getting away.  There are some that are legal but they're pretty strict about which ones can be used.  I know because I've carried pepper spray on me.  Not exactly stuff that anyone should play with because can really do some damage with that stuff. 

I've seen a lot of people (women mostly) with pepper spray canisters on their pocketbooks or purses. Never seen it used in the subway, that's for sure. 

That's why I always used to commute in the T/O or C/R cars, to keep myself away from trouble. 

Does that actually help? The T/O can't really come out to help you if he's operating the train and a fight breaks out or something. 

I've seen a lot of people (women mostly) with pepper spray canisters on their pocketbooks or purses. Never seen it used in the subway, that's for sure. 

Yeah women are the ones that usually that carry it. There are a lot of them on the black market esp., some better than others.

Archived