Coney Island 6th Avenue (Q)

So, I was on my way home from Coney, and I'm walking up and down the stairs to transfer to the (F) from the (Q). Then, something catches my eye. I did a double take, and sure enough it was there, I wasn't seeing things.

kNqZP5I.jpg

I guess they were just too lazy to remove it...

The orange Q never ran to Stillwell. When the new terminal opened in 2004, I remember noticing some erroneous orange Q symbol. As far as I know they were all covered up shortly thereafter, but all it takes is one vandal to peel off a sticky route symbol.

The orange Q never ran to Stillwell. When the new terminal opened in 2004, I remember noticing some erroneous orange Q symbol. As far as I know they were all covered up shortly thereafter, but all it takes is one vandal to peel off a sticky route symbol.

Yeah, because they never make mistakes. [/sarcasm]

Sure, a vandal could've peeled the sticker off but it's possible that the (MTA) forgot to cover up this one. Not a big deal, happens.

What I wonder though is: why is the orange (Q) on that sign? Did they plan to send the orange (Q) there and cancelled it at the last moment or...?

Guest Lance

Nah, it was probably either a mistake by the MTA or the printing company they use to make the signs. As Andrew said, the orange Q never ran to the new Stillwell Terminal, nor was there any intention of running it there after work on the Manhattan Bridge wrapped up.

Yeah, because they never make mistakes. [/sarcasm]

Sure, a vandal could've peeled the sticker off but it's possible that the (MTA) forgot to cover up this one. Not a big deal, happens.

What I wonder though is: why is the orange (Q) on that sign? Did they plan to send the orange (Q) there and cancelled it at the last moment or...?

If they never make mistakes, why do you think I used the word "erroneous"?

There were several such symbols, and my recollection was that all were covered up. Perhaps I'm wrong and one was missed. Or perhaps they were all covered up and a vandal uncovered this one.

The station opened in 2004. The orange Q last ran in 2001.

If they never make mistakes, why do you think I used the word "erroneous"?

There were several such symbols, and my recollection was that all were covered up. Perhaps I'm wrong and one was missed. Or perhaps they were all covered up and a vandal uncovered this one.

The station opened in 2004. The orange Q last ran in 2001.

like the orange (C) that was at 59 and the blue (B) at both 59 and 125...

Can't forget about the famous Broadway spelling error on the (G) as well which they "fixed" then someone peeled the stickers off

like the orange (C) that was at 59 and the blue (B) at both 59 and 125...

Can't forget about the famous Broadway spelling error on the (G) as well which they "fixed" then someone peeled the stickers off

I remember those...

I had a screencap of those a while back but I lost them because my PC got destroyed. Do you mind reposting them, if you have them that is?

I remember those...

I had a screencap of those a while back but I lost them because my PC got destroyed. Do you mind reposting them, if you have them that is?

I lost the picture i had of the blue (B) and orange (C), but heres the Broadway fail...

302540_2215984573472_641453791_n.jpg

If you wanna look for it, its on the northbound platform. Use the staircase furthest away from thetoken booth and just look along the wall on the platform.

Nah, it was probably either a mistake by the MTA or the printing company they use to make the signs. As Andrew said, the orange Q never ran to the new Stillwell Terminal, nor was there any intention of running it there after work on the Manhattan Bridge wrapped up.

iirc, the 'weather vane' had an orange Q as well which was very strange, imo. But as you said, could've been a screw up in the order.

• 3 weeks later...

From Beach 90th to Rockaway Park majority of the station signs have the Blue S bullet and this is after the rehab. They tried covering it up with a grey S sticker buy they just fell off. I've noticed at 90th they put a whole new section of sign covering the blue S bullet.

Archived