CDL for Bus Operator....

+Young+

Hey~

From the Notice of Examination (http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/archives/pdf/2613.pdf), it says that at the time of appointment, you either have to have a Class B CDL with Passenger Endorsement or a Learners Permit for Class B with Passenger Endorsement.

My question is: My current employer is highly encouraging me to get a Class A CDL with Air Brake and Passenger Endorsement so I can not only drive the company's tractor trailers, but also be more valuable to the company as well.

Therefore, how would all of this work? Say for example I go to DMV and get my Class A CDL Learners Permit with Air Brake and Passenger Endorsement. By the time I get to my appointment on the list, would NYC Transit reject me for having a Class A License instead of a Class B? Or should I get my Class B first and then upgrade to Class A?

I have more questions relating to this, however I would appreciate it if someone can explain this 100% to all of us.

Thanks in advance... 

Hey~

From the Notice of Examination (http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/archives/pdf/2613.pdf), it says that at the time of appointment, you either have to have a Class B CDL with Passenger Endorsement or a Learners Permit for Class B with Passenger Endorsement.

My question is: My current employer is highly encouraging me to get a Class A CDL with Air Brake and Passenger Endorsement so I can not only drive the company's tractor trailers, but also be more valuable to the company as well.

Therefore, how would all of this work? Say for example I go to DMV and get my Class A CDL Learners Permit with Air Brake and Passenger Endorsement. By the time I get to my appointment on the list, would NYC Transit reject me for having a Class A License instead of a Class B? Or should I get my Class B first and then upgrade to Class A?

I have more questions relating to this, however I would appreciate it if someone can explain this 100% to all of us.

Thanks in advance... 

Class A is the highest CDL in the land as long as you have the right endorsements youll be qualified to drive any type of commercial vehicle from tractor trailer on down (bus included again with right endorsement). The minimum MTA wants is a class B, so if your employer is paying for it go for it.Tho if you have only the A permit when training comes around theyll probably make you downgrade it to a B

There is no way to get Passenger endorsement unless you take the test in a bus!

I took road test in a truck, I got class A with Air.

I had to go and take another road test in a bus in order to get class A with Air and Passenger

If you take a test in a bus, you will get B with Air and Passenger.

There is no way to get Passenger endorsement unless you take the test in a bus!

I took road test in a truck, I got class A with Air.

I had to go and take another road test in a bus in order to get class A with Air and Passenger

If you take a test in a bus, you will get B with Air and Passenger.

^^^ What he wrote ^^^

Archived