nice PASSENGER Fail

We have all heard everyone telling NICE fails, but what about passenger fails? Post NICE passenger fails in...

A few of mine are:

nThe guy who started bitching about the bus standing still, veolia was the worst thing to happen, idiot drivers who want them to be late all while we were stopped at a red light with traffic in front of us.

The lady who decided to sit i the wheel chair seats on the right by the front door who decided to wait until the driver closed the door get up and RUN into the closed doors. Even all this was 100% NOT the drivers, fault he apologized over and over, she collected her things when the door opened, and told him "I know your bus number, I'm suing your company... and you.. You're fired..."

The lady wearing the stop and shop uniform apron rings the bell... The driver stops at the next stop and the lady stops bitching that he missed her stop. He informs her that there wasn't a stop were she rang the bell. The driver was being really nice and asked where she wanted to get off and wondered if the clever devices was off... As he was talking to her the next stop announced and he was like "no, it's right on..." She starts talking down to him "excuse me? I hit the bell where I wanted to exit? What is wrong with you? " The driver explained you can't get off off wherever you want but only at scheduled stops, She continues "How hard is your job, I rang the bell by my street and you kept on driving..." The driver ignored her until her stop after that but she continued about how hard his job was, how he failed, was incompetent (yea, that one got me mad!), and how he wouldn't have a job anymore because of his mistake.

I love/HATE it how everyone feels they are above a bus driver, even the hourly worker at stop and shop, I just hope this driver gets to go through her line at the grocery store one day!

LMAO. There are many stupid bus passengers in the world but the lady who didn't know that buses only stop at bus stops and not at every street where the bell is rang is the most stupid person ever. I mean, even if you're not a frequent traveler you should know that buses have scheduled bus stops.

LMAO. There are many stupid bus passengers in the world but the lady who didn't know that buses only stop at bus stops and not at every street where the bell is rang is the most stupid person ever. I mean, even if you're not a frequent traveler you should know that buses have scheduled bus stops.

In Nassau County and Queens, NICE bus does not have schedule guide at bus stops including major bus stop.

NICE Schedules posters are only located at Jamaica Bus Terminal (indicating n4 bus stop at Archer Av premise), Roosevelt Field Mall, Bellmore Station, Hicksville Station, Westbury Station, Sunrise Mall, Jamaica-179th St Station, and Spanish deli store on Hillside Av/181st St area, Bellmore Station, Wantagh Station, etc. There are no NICE Schedule Poster at Green Acres Mall or Walt Whitman Mall.

Many other local stops don't have bus route schedules guide and just like NICE indicating in facebook, there is not enough space to put guide-a-ride at every bus stops.

We have all heard everyone telling NICE fails, but what about passenger fails? Post NICE passenger fails in...

A few of mine are:

nThe guy who started bitching about the bus standing still, veolia was the worst thing to happen, idiot drivers who want them to be late all while we were stopped at a red light with traffic in front of us.

The lady who decided to sit i the wheel chair seats on the right by the front door who decided to wait until the driver closed the door get up and RUN into the closed doors. Even all this was 100% NOT the drivers, fault he apologized over and over, she collected her things when the door opened, and told him "I know your bus number, I'm suing your company... and you.. You're fired..."

The lady wearing the stop and shop uniform apron rings the bell... The driver stops at the next stop and the lady stops bitching that he missed her stop. He informs her that there wasn't a stop were she rang the bell. The driver was being really nice and asked where she wanted to get off and wondered if the clever devices was off... As he was talking to her the next stop announced and he was like "no, it's right on..." She starts talking down to him "excuse me? I hit the bell where I wanted to exit? What is wrong with you? " The driver explained you can't get off off wherever you want but only at scheduled stops, She continues "How hard is your job, I rang the bell by my street and you kept on driving..." The driver ignored her until her stop after that but she continued about how hard his job was, how he failed, was incompetent (yea, that one got me mad!), and how he wouldn't have a job anymore because of his mistake.

I love/HATE it how everyone feels they are above a bus driver, even the hourly worker at stop and shop, I just hope this driver gets to go through her line at the grocery store one day!

I could write a book about passenger stupidity, but one of the best ones is when they ask me if this is the last bus. I tell them-yes it is,only to be asked "is their another one coming"?

In Nassau County and Queens, NICE bus does not have schedule guide at bus stops including major bus stop.

NICE Schedules posters are only located at Jamaica Bus Terminal (indicating n4 bus stop at Archer Av premise), Roosevelt Field Mall, Bellmore Station, Hicksville Station, Westbury Station, Sunrise Mall, Jamaica-179th St Station, and Spanish deli store on Hillside Av/181st St area, Bellmore Station, Wantagh Station, etc. There are no NICE Schedule Poster at Green Acres Mall or Walt Whitman Mall.

Many other local stops don't have bus route schedules guide and just like NICE indicating in facebook, there is not enough space to put guide-a-ride at every bus stops.

You interrupted NICE passenger fails as having something to do with having schedules put up at bus stops.  In this day and age there is no excuse for people to leave without knowing where they are going (unless they are going to do it on the fly using their phones.  Honest to god this a smart phone, stupid person with a me attitude we are living in.  There is no reason to have schedules at the bus stops, LIB (as well as other agencies) have done just fine for decades without schedules at stops.  Honest to god, figure out what time your bus leaves before you leave!  How stupid is society coming getting that we must now plaster schedules at bus stops because they are too stupid or lazy to get the information themselves!

Your post did remind me of a NICE passenger fail at Roosevelt Field Mall.  Two girls had just graduated high school (I know because they were discussing a dinner they were going to bc of it). As soon as they came they were bitching and complaining that there was no n43, they didn't shit up the entire time they were there standing there.  "dis bus bets be da 43, oh my gad..  what the f**k these muthafukas problem" "oh here comes one, dis bets be da 43...  oh my gad (whining) wat dese muthafukas doing, why every bus be ehde thing but da 43?" "Yo, here come one this bets, no, oh mah gad, where the f**k dis bus be, what dese mutha fukas problem, oh mah gad...."  Great English from 2 girls who supposedly just graduated HS, I had to listen to this for over 20 minutes.  I decided to pull out my phone and check the schedule for the n43, yep these geniuses came out exactly in the middle of the bus they missed and the bus (I assume) they got one.

They were sitting there the entire time playing on their phone, is there any reason one of them couldn't have looked up the schedule online before they left the cool AC in the mall?  Smart phones, dumb users, these girls represent the future of our country and I'm scared!

I could write a book about passenger stupidity, but one of the best ones is when they ask me if this is the last bus. I tell them-yes it is,only to be asked "is their another one coming"?

The conversation should have went like this:

Passenger "is this the last bus?"

Hound "No, this is the one after that."

LMAO, that would've freaked me, like some twilight zone shit....

I also remember when I was on n20limited Hicksville, one female student tried to board bus with Student MetroCard issued by NYCBOE.

Before the new pick, I took n23 and n27 on different weekends and some drivers drive so slow, we missed an connection.

On June 24th, my MetroCard read on 7:05 n20limited #1688, didn't read on 8:30 n73 Wantagh, read on 1712 on 10:20 n87 Jones Beach, 1790 11:03 n88 Freeport/11:27 n88 Jones Beach, 12:20 n87 Hicksville #1881, didn't read on 12:30 n19 Babylon #1771, didn't read on 17:06 n54 Hempstead, didn't read on 1702 on 16:48 n6 Jamaica, 1853 on 16:48 Hempstead, didn't read on 17:45 n48 Jericho, and didn't even read my MetroCard on 20:35 n20 Flushing. This MetroCard my mom just bought it and I was thinking that MTA FareBox on NICE Bus damaged my MetroCard.

When I got to Flushing-Main St for subway, my MetroCard read. It was properly bus drivers don't know how to work the farebox. None of bus drivers gave me problem when I told it was working on n20l and n87.

I was afraid my MetroCard was sent in back in time.

When I refilled 30-Day MetroCard few days before the fare hike, my MetroCard was sent back to 1999!

On June 24th, my MetroCard read on 7:05 n20limited #1688, didn't read on 8:30 n73 Wantagh, read on 1712 on 10:20 n87 Jones Beach, 1790 11:03 n88 Freeport/11:27 n88 Jones Beach, 12:20 n87 Hicksville #1881, didn't read on 12:30 n19 Babylon #1771, didn't read on 17:06 n54 Hempstead, didn't read on 1702 on 16:48 n6 Jamaica, 1853 on 16:48 Hempstead, didn't read on 17:45 n48 Jericho, and didn't even read my MetroCard on 20:35 n20 Flushing. This MetroCard my mom just bought it and I was thinking that MTA FareBox on NICE Bus damaged my MetroCard.

When I got to Flushing-Main St for subway, my MetroCard read. It was properly bus drivers don't know how to work the farebox. None of bus drivers gave me problem when I told it was working on n20l and n87.

I was afraid my MetroCard was sent in back in time.

When I refilled 30-Day MetroCard few days before the fare hike, my MetroCard was sent back to 1999!

What does this have to do with passenger fails?

That's because Green Acres isn't a major transit hub. Only two NICE routes and two MTA routes stop there. Also, I don't recall the MTA posting any schedules of the n1, n2, n3 or n8 at Green Acres when they were in control of the routes.

Quite common there are passengers who get on the bus with a bunch of empty metrocards. This actually happens at NCC quite alot. Then there's passengers that ask the n27 to Glen Cove or n35 to Westbury, if the bus is going to "The Terminal" or "Hempstead", despite the sign saying otherwise. And what's worse, they do it at Roosevelt Field where everything is clearly marked. There's also the "pop and "drop", where a car with pull ahead of a bus and drop someone at the bus stop, just as the bus is approaching from behind. Some drivers slam on their brakes for them, others keep going. I'd do the latter. And of course there's often a group of young guys who have to take up all the front seats, instead of moving to the back so the elderly and disabled to sit. And they often like to play their ringtones out loud. The passengers, in alot of ways, are the worst part of taking buses in Nassau! :lol: They simply have no respect or regard, they always leave the trash and cans rolling on the floor. And it's always been a problem, from the (MTA) days to now. 

Then there's passengers that ask the n27 to Glen Cove or n35 to Westbury, if the bus is going to "The Terminal" or "Hempstead", despite the sign saying otherwise.

LMAO. That happens a lot over here too. I even remember one dumbass last year when I was coming home from college (like every day). I was in the bus that would end only 6 stops from the major transfer point we were at. It clearly said on the rollsign that it was the 328 bus. Yet, someone comes and asks if this was the 156 bus. So the bus drivers asks him: "What do you see on the rollsign?" The guy responded: "328." Bus driver: "So, then this is not the 156 right?" Guy: "Uhm..." Eventually the bus driver closed the door and just drove away because the bus driver was almost facepalming himself.

But those NCC students... don't they have Student MetroCards? I thought you didn't have to refill those?

LMAO. That happens a lot over here too. I even remember one dumbass last year when I was coming home from college (like every day). I was in the bus that would end only 6 stops from the major transfer point we were at. It clearly said on the rollsign that it was the 328 bus. Yet, someone comes and asks if this was the 156 bus. So the bus drivers asks him: "What do you see on the rollsign?" The guy responded: "328." Bus driver: "So, then this is not the 156 right?" Guy: "Uhm..." Eventually the bus driver closed the door and just drove away because the bus driver was almost facepalming himself.

But those NCC students... don't they have Student MetroCards? I thought you didn't have to refill those?

They don't have Student Metrocards at NCC. Most of the students buy a regular metrocard at the bookstore, or at the vending machine in the Hempstead Terminal.

And a lot of the other schools on the island have either private buses or students drive in the case of the colleges.

At any rate, can't tell you how many times I used to get on the N16 and tell the B/O "I had another ride!" or students running for a bus that has its doors closed.

They're not entitled to student metrocards.

And a lot of the other schools on the island have either private buses or students drive in the case of the colleges.

And they take you to the nearest LIRR station not home like a school bus.

At any rate, can't tell you how many times I used to get on the N16 and tell the B/O "I had another ride!" or students running for a bus that has its doors closed.

You get on the bus and tell the driver you had another ride? What does that mean?

You can't refill a student metrocard.

Furthermore, NCC = Nassau Community College.... As was already stated, they are not entitled to/eligible for student metrocards, so, no.....

And they take you to the nearest LIRR station not home like a school bus.

You get on the bus and tell the driver you had another ride? What does that mean?

It's what happens when you make posts at 3 in the morning.

The N16 is the "main" NCC route as it travels from the western 1970s campus to the old AFB grounds and as such it gets crowded.  A lot of times students got on with a MetroCard with no money and then made  excuses like that when that low-pitched beep sounded.

Furthermore, NCC = Nassau Community College.... As was already stated [...]

Yes, sorry for not knowing that that makes a difference as to whether or not one is eligible for a Student MetroCard or not.

You can't refill a student metrocard.

Furthermore, NCC = Nassau Community College.... As was already stated, they are not entitled to/eligible for student metrocards, so, no.....

Yes, sorry for not knowing that that makes a difference as to whether or not one is eligible for a Student MetroCard or not.

The point was, NCC is a College.....

You should be "sorry" for not knowing college students aren't eligible for student metrocards, not this snarky response you think you got one over on someone with.....

That's what I meant: I didn't know that there was a difference in who's eligible for MetroCards, in this case not knowing college students are not eligible, that's why I asked in the first place. And I'm sorry if it looks snarky to you, it wasn't meant that way. I was actually honestly saying sorry.

Archived