nice PASSENGER Fail

That's what I meant: I didn't know that there was a difference in who's eligible for MetroCards, in this case not knowing college students are not eligible, that's why I asked in the first place. And I'm sorry if it looks snarky to you, it wasn't meant that way. I was actually honestly saying sorry.

The way you edited my reply (and your reply itself) made it seem like you were trying to snidely convey that knowing what NCC stood for, is irrelevant to who's eligible for student metrocards (when that wasn't the point anyone was trying to make)

But yeah, only students up to 12th grade (high school seniors) are applicable for them....

I'm sorry if it sounded that way. I'm not really accustomed to the *American* school/college system yet, that's why I assumed (which was presumably wrong) on the Student Metrocard thing and asked about it.

I'm sorry if it sounded that way. I'm not really accustomed to the *American* school/college system yet, that's why I assumed (which was presumably wrong) on the Student Metrocard thing and asked about it.

Alright, gotcha... No problem man. B-)

Even I thought student metrocards were available to college students (until I googled it the other day) with a discounted fair, to give the students a break.  Vistausss lives in the Netherlands, is it really a big deal he doesn't know the rules of student metrocard?

When I used to take the N24 from the mall, I'd pass by Chaminade and quite a few students would get on a city-bound bus and stay on well past NHP Road.  I think I only ever saw one with a Student MC.

I'm surprised a school like that doesn't pay to send the kids home back by school bus.

In my experience the district pays for transportation (or provides it themselves), so if they live in the city i guess they get a student metrocard.

A lot of times students got on with a MetroCard with no money and then made  excuses like that when that low-pitched beep sounded.

I love how people put a metrocard in with insufficient funds, hear that noise nod their head and walking thinking it was a good beep until the driver calls them back. lol  Another NICE passenger FAIL B-)   

That's because Green Acres isn't a major transit hub. Only two NICE routes and two MTA routes stop there. Also, I don't recall the MTA posting any schedules of the n1, n2, n3 or n8 at Green Acres when they were in control of the routes.

I thought it was because green acres was served so poorly and neglected.

I love how people put a metrocard in with insufficient funds, hear that noise nod their head and walking thinking it was a good beep until the driver calls them back. lol  Another NICE passenger FAIL B-)   

People think they can buy a MetroCard for $20/$26 and get magical unlimited rides forever.

There was once a handicapped guy who boarded the n51 who claimed he had a transfer from the n70 but didn't show it. Driver let him go, but not without a warning. That's all I've got.

Archived