What are buses doing along the Hempstead Tpke

Q25toJamaica

Today I saw a CS Orion V going down Springfield Bl, so I followed it, and it went past Belmont on the Hempstead Tpke. It was gonna go far out, so I turned around, and saw a Jamaica RTS-06 and another CS Orion V driving out to LI.

What were these doing there?

Driver training.

Ummm no the buses on LI are not driver training......try LIRR shuttles so get it straight before you assume.

Pablo has a lot of info, and is a large contributor of knowledge to the site, so if he says it's driver training, it just may be.

This community is close knit and we want it to be friendly spirited, so please think about your wording before you post next time. Thank you! :P

- Andy

Ummm no the buses on LI are not driver training......try LIRR shuttles so get it straight before you assume.

I dunno man, I've seen driver training out there with buses from CS.

I know they use buses from CS for LIRR Shuttles, which I forgot to mention, but I've also seen driver training being done, mainly in Hempstead (and they have been seen when there is no LIRR bustitution at the moment).

Ok, according to my sources, (an LIRR employee) there was driver training in LI as well as Hempstead LIRR shuttles due to track work. So technically Pablo was right as well!! So let's not assume that someone else is assuming until we have all the facts! Thanks for the input. No one is trying to jump down your throat, but we are all courtious when corresponding with each other here, and it will be done respectfully, or not at all.

Pablo has a lot of info, and is a large contributor of knowledge to the site, so if he says it's driver training, it just may be.

mestfan explained below

This community is close knit and we want it to be friendly spirited, so please think about your wording before you post next time. Thank you! :P

- Andy

And this is the way it will remain!! Thanks Andy!

I rembmer seeing that Orion V in LI......

Oh snap. :cool:

Off topic a bit , but i miss riding LIRR, and i kinda miss my ex, not wanting to be with her miss her, but, wish stuff had gone differently instead of fallen apart miss her, like i coulda done better. Oh well. :P

- Andy

Dude...What's with the tone? There's no need for that. :cool: Even if Pablo is wrong no need to get all worked up about it. :P

OK let me tell you this I all the time punch in TRAINING BUS on the fare box just to see the looks on Roosevelt between Union and Main that the ppl give me when the 44 or 12 or 15 line in all the way down the block We do that all the time.

Thats understandable because my brother as well as many other TA operators I know put up off-the-wall signs when on a deadhead for the same reasons as you, but at this particular time (MTA)just happened to be doing driver training in Long Island. Therefore both of you guys were right.

OK once again ENY CS does not do driver training on LI

The only training you will get there is line training

I am an operator in CS and what part of we dont have any training in LI dont you understand.

If there was I would have been told that I need to take it.

Ok so can you explain why 618 was doing training in Long Island??? Last I knew that was still a Stengel Orion V, and MTA has been doing training all over the place over the last 8 months.

Lawd, got some news, my dad was working @ long island (he's a construction worker) about 2 weekends ago and he saw another 600 series Orion V @ Mineola terminal, he didnt get the number but he knows it was a 600 # cause he was waiting for the LIRR. whats up with that?

OMG read my earlier post B/O's put up all stupid signs..........618 was goofing off. ARE ANY OF YOU B/O'S? Can you tell me what goes on at CS since apparently I have no clue and work there.....NOT
So why was it in LI in the first place?

OMG What part of LIRR shuttle are you missing out on?

Are you a B/O?

I was asking a question, stop getting your panties in a bunch and show some maturity. I'm not a Bus Operator, so I was asking you since you claim you are one.

Archived