Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
CastleHillAvenue

Spotted!

Caught a glimpse of an R62A 6 train from the 1 Line leaving Zerega Av Station at 7:55AM. Couldn't catch the car numbers as I was leaving my house and saw the train from the ground. I was certain however that the train set was from the 1 Line as it had no green/red express/local indicators and had the red stickers underneath the car numbers. So if anyone can answer this question, is this an additional set of R62A that are staying at Westchester permanently?

Caught a glimpse of an R62A 6 train from the 1 Line leaving Zerega Av Station at 7:55AM. Couldn't catch the car numbers as I was leaving my house and saw the train from the ground. I was certain however that the train set was from the 1 Line as it had no green/red express/local indicators and had the red stickers underneath the car numbers. So if anyone can answer this question, is this an additional set of R62A that are staying at Westchester permanently?

I don't know. If it had red stickers and it didn't have the local/express indicators, it sounds like 1891-1895

Well the 6 is going to need trains to fill the gaps as R142As are being taken to be converted to R188s for the 7. As for the specific set staying, it can change, but as a whole R62As are staying one way or another at Westchester.

2191-2195 are in Westchester now.

It's basically an all hands on deck situation. The (6) line has given up 7211-7230. 7231-7240 might also have been pulled. The (7) line did donate the available spares but it needs to keep what is has for service so now the (1) line is donating to the (6) as the  (3) line has already donated to the  (1) as a result of what 240th has already given up to the  (7) as a supplement in the full cab rebuilding project.

Confusing yes but it's all for the good of the service. It's going to look a little messy for awhile until the R188s start rolling out in service on the 7 line which is still a decent ways to go.

• Upvote 4