Ulmer's Latest Newbie

UlmerPark B6

My dad used to work there - seems like Ulmer Park never gets the new buses. How old are the 9600s now?

The only new buses ever to set foot in that depot (at least that I remember) seem to be the express buses, and the MCI's.

I think the 9000s were the last new local buses there - and even those made a stop in Atlanta for the '96 Olympics first!

My dad used to work there - seems like Ulmer Park never gets the new buses. How old are the 9600s now?

The only new buses ever to set foot in that depot (at least that I remember) seem to be the express buses, and the MCI's.

I think the 9000s were the last new local buses there - and even those made a stop in Atlanta for the '96 Olympics first!

They are 1998s

Nice pics

The 9600's were built in 1998 so they are 10 years old.

Also interesting is how some of those buses were distibuted. Just a few weeks ago, those routes were doing some major overtime on the rough and tough routes of the Grand Avenue Depot and then they went back to Flatbush and now they are front and center at Ulmer Park Depot.

But there is no need to worry. 9570, 9623, 9650, 9669 and 9688 are still over at Grand Avenue Depot.

Also interesting is how some of those buses were distibuted. Just a few weeks ago, those routes were doing some major overtime on the rough and tough routes of the Grand Avenue Depot and then they went back to Flatbush and now they are front and center at Ulmer Park Depot.

But there is no need to worry. 9570, 9623, 9650, 9669 and 9688 are still over at Grand Avenue Depot.

Sorry to break the hype, but 9650, 9669 & 9688 are NOT at grand ave. They are at Flatbush. Spotted all 3 buses working on various flatbush routes this weekend, and have CORRESPONDING FLATBUSH DECALS.

Sorry to break the hype, but 9650, 9669 & 9688 are NOT at grand ave. They are at Flatbush. Spotted all 3 buses working on various flatbush routes this weekend, and have CORRESPONDING FLATBUSH DECALS.

I was just about to ask about that. Thanks for clearing that up.

Archived