Recent MTA Bus Driver Assaults/Stabbings

BreeddekalbL

An MTA bus driver was taken to the hospital with injuries after she was assaulted by a robber on board her bus in Manhattan, police said. 

The driver had just discharged passengers at a terminal near Delancey and FDR Drive as her shift wrapped at about 8 p.m., police said. That's when a man came on board, assaulted the driver and ran off with her purse.  

The driver was taken to New York Downtown Hospital and is in stable condition. Police are searching for the suspect. 

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/MTA-Bus-Driver-Assaulted-Robbery-Lower-East-Side-213924431.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_NYBrand

please stay safe guys and rts4life you ok?

i seriously don't get whats taking so long with these shields/paratitions that the installation is dragging along.

Side note, anything new with the twu contract?

no, management does not want to negotiate yet because Prendergast hasn't been sworn in yet...

no, management does not want to negotiate yet because Prendergast hasn't been sworn in yet...

iok i see whats going on here.  most importiantly fight for a decent contract and hold firm on no part timers and stand united!  solidarity forever!

Baruch Houses... what a damn surprise.... -_-

And it probably is a M14D. The articles mentions the terminus as Delancey and FDR but the M21 terminates at Grand/FDR. They also show a shot of the bus being removed from the scene and its a D60HF, not a LFSA

I don't think the shield/partition would've helped her in this case....

now that we know it was a D60 and not a LFSA, we know that there was no shield here..the shield would have helped because if she had been on a LFSA with a shield and she never left the seat, the perp never would have touched her!

To me, its ridiculous that they immediately had plans on, and have installed driver partitions on some of the last batch(1999) of RTS's, yet I haven't heard anything about possible driver partitions on the '02/'03 batch of D60's (even though I believe would be easier to to so on those buses).

there are partitions on a couple of the newest D60s. I think 5713 was one.

I thought even some 56xx had 'em? granted I have not been paying a ton of attention to shields being installed on D60s.

Not unless he jumped and tried to reach over because in the new C40LF it looks like you can still be attacked if you to do that jump up and reach over.

sounds like too much time and effort to me. I think they want to strike quickly and run away and they have second thoughts about wildin out if they cannot strike quickly and run away..

now that we know it was a D60 and not a LFSA, we know that there was no shield here..the shield would have helped because if she had been on a LFSA with a shield and she never left the seat, the perp never would have touched her!

Yeah but how would he stole her purse. I was under the impression that she was leaving the bus not behind the wheel.

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A Metropolitan Transportation Authority bus driver was slashed in the arm Wednesday afternoon in the Bronx.

Around 4:15 p.m., the driver on the Bx5 bus was slashed in the right arm along Southern Boulevard off Westchester Avenue in the Claremont section of the Bronx, CBS 2 reported.

As of the 5 p.m. hour, there was no word on what led to the incident

Read More: Source

Archived