7 Day B/O Training Help

bfediuk1224

Starting a thread for the new guys in the just starting B/O qualifying days. I'm on day 2 and was told I was unsatisfactory due to me checking my mirrors every 5 seconds I stead of 3. How's everyone else's training going. And veteran B/O feel free to post or p/m with advice.

I remember being told I needed to check my mirrors more often as well. I try to practice that now but sometimes I feel as though i'm being excessive. However, if i'm lucky to make it in the next 1 or 2 classes if they want excessive that's what they will get. Try to remain calm (I wish I could have) and best of luck. Sending Day 7 Qualification wishes your way.

Starting a thread for the new guys in the just starting B/O qualifying days. I'm on day 2 and was told I was unsatisfactory due to me checking my mirrors every 5 seconds I stead of 3. How's everyone else's training going. And veteran B/O feel free to post or p/m with advice.

i would just relax, listen and do what they tell you to do and drive the bus their way. you're still good but you need to show them that you are doing what they tell you and executing it and at the same time showing some confidence that you can handle the bus. these thing will most likely get you qualified on day 7. another unsatisfactory and you're going beyond day seven.

personally these are what i did and made it on day 7.

they acute turns or something? what should i do to be ready for them?

Not sure if instructors use the same location as they did yrs ago however, there was one in particular I remember that you will need to use great judgment with the overhang on the front of your bus (it appears as you are about to drive up on the island ). It looked difficult but, it wasn't hard at all and there is nothing you can prepare ahead of time for just follow the details of your instructor and you'll breeze through it.

I am on day 2. I also got an unsatisfactory because I passed my reference point on a turn (going too fast) and had to reverse to avoid hitting a parked car. Then I immediately clipped a curb on the next right turn because I was again in a hurry and turned before the reference point. I was actually done driving but did not know that the superintendent wanted me to pull into the bus stop and switch. He then told me to go around the block to pull into the bus stop. That's four right turns and that's when it happened. Everything else was ok. I will bring my A game tomorrow the good Lord willing but this training in not easy. I am starting to feel like I might not make it. This is coming from someone who has been driving big rigs interstate for a couple of years and has been to a few of CDL schools.

I am on day 2. I also got an unsatisfactory because I passed my reference point on a turn (going too fast) and had to reverse to avoid hitting a parked car. Then I immediately clipped a curb on the next right turn because I was again in a hurry and turned before the reference point. I was actually done driving but did not know that the superintendent wanted me to pull into the bus stop and switch. He then told me to go around the block to pull into the bus stop. That's four right turns and that's when it happened. Everything else was ok. I will bring my A game tomorrow the good Lord willing but this training in not easy. I am starting to feel like I might not make it. This is coming from someone who has been driving big rigs interstate for a couple of years and has been to a few of CDL schools.

You will be fine. Everyone has had some rough moments.

Dont doubt yourself, take it easy and take your time.

Dont feel compelled to show that you know what you are doing.

Its a learning curve. Best of luck tomorrow. My best friend is in the same class as you too. Maybe you will see him in zerega when you complete day 7

You will be fine. Everyone has had some rough moments.

Dont doubt yourself, take it easy and take your time.

Dont feel compelled to show that you know what you are doing.

Its a learning curve. Best of luck tomorrow. My best friend is in the same class as you too. Maybe you will see him in zerega when you complete day 7

Thanks

Were is the reference point / what are you looking for when you turn ???

Archived