C riders Happy with New equipment

VIP

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The (A) rider will always complain, regardless. If anything they were lucky to not get stuck with the R32's this year.

On a side note, it's hilarious to see that a topic started by captain obvious led to such a hilarious discussion over subway cars within the system. Not to be rude, but hasn't this been discussed to death? I mean seriously.

'not new enough' must be '3rd world'. If he can find the money to buy the cars, he can buy them for us if he wants the new cars that bad.

And it seems anytime anyone states the point there is no money, its like some automatic 'you support what the mta does by causing riders to suffer with the old cars that have no business running.' I've never seen someone on such a crusade against anything old. I really don't give a damn what runs as long as the ac works. That's what really matters. But if someone wants to keep beating the same dead horse about hating anything old and calling others that say theres no money to buy the new cars right now as automatically supporting the mta and liking the old cars, then he can think whatever he wants. Must be that bored to force his beliefs of what the system should be like on others for the umpteenth time.

Would we like new trains? I'm sure most would, but what are we going to do? We don't have any power over the mta other than to protest or such. This is all falling on deaf ears and its just tiring...

It's called a schedule. There are other stations in Brooklyn and eastern Queens that need to be done first.

Oh really? If I recall correctly, they promised those stations would be repaired properly years ago... They're still dirty as ever, with scaffolding about and rats running amock. 

I think that Yonkers depot should get the Bee Line Orion 5's for service on the BxM2.

Most of our buses are 7 - 8+ years old going back to 2004, but they're well maintained.  There's a difference between equipment that is outdated and old well maintained equipment. The current fleet that we have is MY FAVORITE fleet, so apparently I don't hate everything that's old.

@Via: Again: the (MTA) doesn't have money. Why do you think the 2010 cuts were made in the first place? It's not like they found a pot of gold after 2010 to pay off all their debt. The money they currently spent is debt money and they have to because the system needs to be kept running somehow.

@Turbo19: Let 'em complain to LIPA. If LIPA hadn't caused trouble for the R160's a few years ago then the (A) would be (partly) R160 now.

Oh really? If I recall correctly, they promised those stations would be repaired properly years ago... They're still dirty as ever, with scaffolding about and rats running amock. 

Our kitchen was supposed to be redone 3-4 months ago. Does that mean that my guardian has the money and not using it? No. There's just no money for it right now. It will get done, when it becomes available. Same with the (MTA) and its purchases.

'not new enough' must be '3rd world'. If he can find the money to buy the cars, he can buy them for us if he wants the new cars that bad.

And it seems anytime anyone states the point there is no money, its like some automatic 'you support what the mta does by causing riders to suffer with the old cars that have no business running.' I've never seen someone on such a crusade against anything old. I really don't give a damn what runs as long as the ac works. That's what really matters. But if someone wants to keep beating the same dead horse about hating anything old and calling others that say theres no money to buy the new cars right now as automatically supporting the mta and liking the old cars, then he can think whatever he wants. Must be that bored to force his beliefs of what the system should be like on others for the umpteenth time.

Would we like new trains? I'm sure most would, but what are we going to do? We don't have any power over the mta other than to protest or such. This is all falling on deaf ears and its just tiring...

I'm certainly not shocked over what VG8 has been saying in this thread. Like Lance said, those of us stick to the facts - not enough money, not anything new. Hey, what can we do about it? VG8 is entitled to his own opinions. He'll continue to rant about all the SMEEs (not just the R32s and R46s) until they finally retire. The guy never looks for anything positive like back in the South Ferry loop reopening thread. It's always the same "It's old, junky and crappy. Leave it close!" or "scrap this shit already, they're breaking down way too frequently."

Its getting really old like the "the (C) needs an upgrade badly" or "why should the (6) get the "old" trains?" thing. It's not even wroth reading anymore. Might as well as just simply leave him be while we continue to stick to the facts and positives about why the (MTA) can't do such and such right now.

Blame the greedy lawmakers in Albany!!! 

That's the ultimate problem causing the domino effect that puts the MTA in a shithole and makes us suffer because of it. That's why the MTA Subways is substandard unfortunately as compared to other mass transit systems. This is an American problem politicians refuse to fix by means of properly funding dollars the MTA desperately needs for improvements, upgrades, maintenance, repairs,  new rolling stock to solve the car shortage problem and ultimately customer satisfaction.

Good ol' nasty politics. Hence the fustration by many as reflected in the posts by all, expressed in different ways.

Real talk.

Lawd some of you cats here are something..

Still come September all will back to where they belong...

Then again i *Hear* they are giving M Line CRs Line Cards for some reason...

Opps did i say that????

Lawd some of you cats here are something..

Still come September all will back to where they belong...

Then again i *Hear* they are giving M Line CRs Line Cards for some reason...

Opps did i say that????

New thread begins in 3, 2, ...

@Via: Again: the (MTA) doesn't have money. Why do you think the 2010 cuts were made in the first place? It's not like they found a pot of gold after 2010 to pay off all their debt. The money they currently spent is debt money and they have to because the system needs to be kept running somehow.

Partially due to YEARS of mismanagement for starters....

Our kitchen was supposed to be redone 3-4 months ago. Does that mean that my guardian has the money and not using it? No. There's just no money for it right now. It will get done, when it becomes available. Same with the (MTA) and its purchases.

Well let's not compare your kitchen to a subway station that is crumbling literally with chunks of cement falling about onto the platform.  They don't have the money for it, but they don't have money for lawsuits either, so let's think as to which would be cheaper...  <_<

I'm certainly not shocked over what VG8 has been saying in this thread. Like Lance said, those of us stick to the facts - not enough money, not anything new. Hey, what can we do about it? VG8 is entitled to his own opinions. He'll continue to rant about all the SMEEs (not just the R32s and R46s) until they finally retire. The guy never looks for anything positive like back in the South Ferry loop reopening thread. It's always the same "It's old, junky and crappy. Leave it close!" or "scrap this shit already, they're breaking down way too frequently."

Its getting really old like the "the (C) needs an upgrade badly" or "why should the (6) get the "old" trains?" thing. It's not even wroth reading anymore. Might as well as just simply leave him be while we continue to stick to the facts and positives about why the (MTA) can't do such and such right now.

You got that right... It's 2013... Time to get with the times!  It's not just about not having the money, but about making sound financial decisions and some of their decisions have been questionable at best.  The paying public deserves better.

Lets stick to the ultimate facts: The NYC subway is the western hemisphere's largest and oldest subway system which runs 24/7. It boasts thousands of subway cars (new and old) that run at whats honestly unbelievable headways compared to the national average. To maintain a system like ours takes non-stop maintenance and money. And NYC rail cars nowadays cost over a million each. An order can be anywhere from 100-1000 cars. Do the math. And to go any distance for one fare is a steal! They say you dont realize what you have until its gone. Ive lived upstate for 7 months now. No public transit. Ill kill to pay 2.50 now for a trip anywhere! And lets not start on the wear and tear these fleets endure. Take a car from any other city and put it on our tracks and lets see how long they last.....

Our problem is that we are enthusiasts. Our hearts are more into the transit system than most people. We'll complain about 50 year old subway cars when most cities would run old fleets and call it a "heritage" or "vintage" line. And the public eats it all up.

SO C riders are happy with the 160s right now? Good for them! Will they complain when the swap is over, maybe, maybe not. But they will still ride right? 

C riders might be happy but the C line isnt showing them Love..

R160's *Having Overheating Issues??*

Opps did i say that???

They might as well start calling the C line the Cursed line. It seems like everything that runs on it has A/C problems. 

C riders might be happy but the C line isnt showing them Love..

R160's *Having Overheating Issues??*

Opps did i say that???

How do they run on the (E) line without issue but they have problems on the (C) ?

Imagine if we had the 120+ temps like in the west coast, the 32 (C) and 160 (C) would be done for good.

Out west they had to ground some airline fights because the people that make those smaller jets didn't design them to fly in that kind of heat.

How do they run on the (E) line without issue but they have problems on the (C) ?

Out west they had to ground some airline fights because the people that make those smaller jets didn't design them to fly in that kind of heat.

They get their fair share on the (F) which gives them some time to breathe for a bit

The R46's are the next set of cars that I hate the most... It's like going back in a time warp with the hideous 70's interior and multicolored seating, not to mention the dirty feel I get just stepping on those trains. 

Its not just the A and R lines that have those wonderful cars. Just like the J has a mixed fleet, the F line also has a few R46s on its roster. Personally, I like those cars.

I do feel sad for those C riders that seems bound to have the rug pulled ot from under them....

Its not just the A and R lines that have those wonderful cars. Just like the J has a mixed fleet, the F line also has a few R46s on its roster. Personally, I like those cars.

I do feel sad for those C riders that seems bound to have the rug pulled ot from under them....

Well that's normal and done to even out the age of the fleet.  I agree that (C) riders deserve better. They've generally suffered with some of the oldest  fleet in the system.  The R32's and R46's have to be replaced and any of those other old cars (forget which ones they are) on the (J) and/or (Z) which I'm shocked are still around.  Those cars certainly are not of decent quality.

Partially due to YEARS of mismanagement for starters....

I know, but that is totally irrelevant right now. We're talking money for new cars here. The money is either there or it isn't. Doesn't matter why it isn't there, it just isn't there.

I know, but that is totally irrelevant right now. We're talking money for new cars here. The money is either there or it isn't. Doesn't matter why it isn't there, it just isn't there.

Actually it is relevant because they need to upkeep the new cars that they do have.  They can't afford to have the newer cars have more problems when they still have the R32's and R46's to contend with.

Actually it is relevant because they need to upkeep the new cars that they do have.  They can't afford to have the newer cars have more problems when they still have the R32's and R46's to contend with.

It's not like the R46s are that old compared to the R32s anyway. They will approach 40 years come 2015 while the R32s approach 50 years next year. The R46s are slated to be replaced by the R211s come 2019 or so.

EDIT: Sure they are also aren't as reliable either, especially since the (A) and (R) are very longer routes. But as long as they get SMS after the R32s retire, they should be able to last until the R211s come in.

Blame the greedy lawmakers in Albany!!! 

That's the ultimate problem causing the domino effect that puts the MTA in a shithole and makes us suffer because of it. That's why the MTA Subways is substandard unfortunately as compared to other mass transit systems. This is an American problem politicians refuse to fix by means of properly funding dollars the MTA desperately needs for improvements, upgrades, maintenance, repairs,  new rolling stock to solve the car shortage problem and ultimately customer satisfaction.

Good ol' nasty politics. Hence the fustration by many as reflected in the posts by all, expressed in different ways.

Real talk.

This.

And a lack of a decent transportation funding bill. We all suffer in the end.

Archived