The forums menu is giving my browser trouble.

CDTA

Question

Clarification: By forum menu I mean where you can click, between subway, bus, off topic, etc.

So i'm not on my usual laptop with chrome, since i'm on vacation, and on this computer the forum page takes 2-3 minutes to load, during which, you can't do anything on the browser. Internet speed is 100mpbs, (my regular is 20mpbs and it works fine) on a Windows XP Desktop. The browser is I believe IE7, but it *might* be an older version of IE. All other pages on here, and inn general load fine, with no problems, but there's something on the forums menu in paticular that really slows things down.

6 answers to this question

I'm good now.

Mo major problems after screaming at the IT helpdesk techs associated with my ISP bragging about the fact that I am a IT helpdesk tech and they don't know jack, lol. It was bandwidth problems on my end with T-Mobile. Having hardwire broadbrand connection via Time Warner installed in a week anyway as this is a new apartment, solving the problem forever. (FiOS is not available in my area unfortunately. Oh well...)

Confirmed. Same problem. Plus getting coding errors on almost every post as of today, as for right now I am on a wireless broadband connection till I have FiOS installed in my new place, similar to the smartphone problems we've had but that's a different issue I will scream at my ISP for. IE, Firefox and Chrome, same problem, on Win 7.

Example is this mess:

<p>I have a different take on this. From an engineering perspective it is definitely a possible feat to perform the reactivation and rebuild of the former LIRR Rockaway Beach Branch itself, albeit a challenging feat. Why I am more optimistic about this? The record of the Mass Transit agencies of the past and the current MTA shows<br />

<br />

1) The MTA did successfully restore the Franklin Ave Shuttle practically rebuilding it from almost scratch.</p><br />

<br />

2) Historically the IND/NYCTA did it, taking a burned down and destroyed LIRR branch to the Rockaways for service from the Fulton Street Line.<br />

<br />

3)The MTA did it again with the same&nbsp;IND Rockaway line&nbsp;it again after Hurricaine Sandy almost destroyed the line.<br />

<br />

4) On the legal implications: What about the construction of the&nbsp;Airtrain to JFK with minimal disruption from red tape IIRC? Chriytie St connection without the red tape complications? The SAS itself? The former construction and the current construction now in progress? Did I miss anything?<br />

<br />

5) What about MTA reconstruction of the southern half of the IRT 7th Ave the BMT Broadway&nbsp;after WTC was completely destroyed? After the WTC's collapse of 9/11 literally destroyed portions of the infrastructure?<br />

<br />

So what I am really concerned about -is- the <em>NIMBYs or the lawmakers in Albany stopping it</em>, that's the real problems associated with this great idea towards relieving of congestion on the IND QBL. No foamerizm in that, it's just that, to me it's just looking at this realistically. It's doable from an engineering perspective. From a legal standpoint however........</p>

<p> </p>

<p>*Edit: Coding errors edited out of response.</p>

If that gives a clue because I am not on a hardwire connection after I moved.

Just some more feedback for troubleshooting purposes for next week harry when you're back from your 4 day weekend, double posts, double texts *in* posts with some accounts. I'm experiencing this myself. basically the same problems we've experienced previous to the SQL disaster with that previous update leading to problems IIRC last year late winter season.

No rush, just writing up the service ticket for you. =D

So I aborted the webpage loading, before the freeze-up, and the shoutbox, recently updated files, facebook connect, status updates, calender, wheater, and most popular tags didn't load. I timed it, this is right before the freeze-up was supposed to occur.

From what I can see, it looks likes editor.css is part of the problem.

I also seem to have trouble editing posts. I have to click "edit" then refresh the page and edit again for it to let me type. Also alot of the pages here are having the problem in the original post now, but it's not an IE or Windows problem, because YouTube, which is arguably more complex then here loads speedy, and the videos have a *minor* lag.

Archived