Corona Yard and (7) stations

7LineFan

Took these before and after I played tennis in Corona Park.

1_100_0793_edited.jpg

That fourth Redbird looks like it just got a paint job.

1_100_0800_edited.jpg

Willets Point Blvd-Shea Stadium, showing the new ADA-compliant strips being installed.

1_100_0802_edited.jpg

New Main Street signage over Track 1. Harry and/or Zach, if you don't mind, this is what I'd like my signature to look like, with the exception of the spelling error in the word "other". Sorry about the light blocking the <7> Express text in the middle of the sign.

And now two work trains.

1_100_0798_edited.jpg

1_100_0799_edited.jpg

You play tennis?

Haven't played in a while, but is it free to play at Corona Park (if you have equipment obviously)? one of these days been meaning to get the rust off but not looking to buy an expensive membership anywhere...Preferably some place with nets and lines too...

Just wondering...

You play tennis?

Haven't played in a while, but is it free to play at Corona Park (if you have equipment obviously)? one of these days been meaning to get the rust off but not looking to buy an expensive membership anywhere...Preferably some place with nets and lines too...

Just wondering...

Free as long as you have a tennis permit, and one permit per person. But the Corona Park courts are closed now for the US Open. They won't open until September 13. Permits cost $100 for adults, $10 for juniors (17 and younger; the year you turn 18 you're considered an adult) and $20 for senior citizens. I assume any city park with public courts also go by the same rules; one permit per person.

Wonder did you see my T/Os in training class out there today???? I seen someone taking shots, on the footbridge to the tennis center.......

No, I wasn't there today. Now you make me wish I was.

Free as long as you have a tennis permit, and one permit per person. But the Corona Park courts are closed now for the US Open. They won't open until September 13. Permits cost $100 for adults, $10 for juniors (17 and younger; the year you turn 18 you're considered an adult) and $20 for senior citizens. I assume any city park with public courts also go by the same rules; one permit per person.

Ah, so not free ;) Ah well, thanks for the clarification, will have to get a "sparring partner" out there I guess first...

Archived