I was the last driver in the entire State of New Jersey before everything shut down for Sandy

46Dover

I'd like to share a little story as it predates my membership into NYCTF. Sandy was quite an unforgettable storm, so much so that all forms of transit were ordered shut down. I had to finish my 6 trip shift at Lakeland (I think it was Sunday night, Early Monday AM) which included a 1am out of NYC. My last 3 trips went NY-Dover: 1 pass, Dover-NY: 1 pass, NY-Dover: 0. US 46 was basically deserted, I could swear I was in a post-apocalyptic time in New Jersey, the whole time hoping I didn't get caught in it. Anyone else here who is a bus driver or know any bus drivers who were out later than me or have had a similar experience?

I was the last bus from Providence,RI. I was 45 mins early because there was no southbound traffic on I-95. I ended up dropping people off along 5th Av on my way to the PABT because there was no buses or trains to go back uptown.

6 wa

I was the last bus from Providence,RI. I was 45 mins early because there was no southbound traffic on I-95. I ended up dropping people off along 5th Av on my way to the PABT because there was no buses or trains to go back uptown.

You work for Shortline? From Providence?

Archived