Option 2 of the 382 R160 cars.

Charleston

With the last of the Option 2 of the 382 R160 cars which will phase out the last remaining R40M and R42MK cars. Are these cars all going to come in as 5 car trains or will it be a split, 4 car train and 5 car train.

If there is a split, how many 4 cars will be ordered and how many 5 cars will be ordered.

All you information transit workers is greatly appreciated, please post any information you might have on this matter.

Can we just get rid of those R40's already!!! :P

Noooooooooooooooo! :cool:

Even if the slants are gone, i really like the little cut-out between the 2 angles on the side. No other car has or had that. Plus their A/C is usually quite good, and they are nice and loud, but not in that deafening kinda way, just in that "here comes rail car" kinda way.

- Andy

I think the 42s are in worse shape...Even worse than some slants. :P

Oh I'm sure they are, but I just don't like those slants and I don't know why. Notice on my details thats the only train I don't like. But then again I don't know. I grew up on R42's. (not like I really knew what they were before 2008)

Where have you been? The second option order was taken on May 31st, 2008, not long after the first option order. Alstom is supposed to build 232 cars while Kawasaki gets the remaining 150. The first Alstom option order will be built in 5-car sets while the second option order will be built in 4-car sets to help out with the base order of 340 R160A-1 cars.

From what I hear, Pitkin Yard will be upgraded so the (C) can run R160s. Half of the R160As will go to East New York Yard while the rest go to the C train.The (MTA) would have given the (C) 10-car sets but they want to conserve money. This is all I have heard of this matter.

(LOL thanks for the idea trainfan22)

From what I hear, Pitkin Yard will be upgraded so the (C) can run R160s. Half of the R160As will go to East New York Yard while the rest go to the C train.The (MTA) would have given the (C) 10-car sets but they want to conserve money. This is all I have heard of this matter.
Huh?

Just wanna make sure you're joking....

All of my information is as true as the first statement...
Ok, thanks for telling me that.

From what I hear, Pitkin Yard will be upgraded so the (C) can run R160s. Half of the R160As will go to East New York Yard while the rest go to the C train.The (MTA) would have given the (C) 10-car sets but they want to conserve money. This is all I have heard of this matter
Alright, first thing, How Bout No!

Second thing, where did you hear that about the (C)?

Pitkin will not be getting R160s therefore the (C) not seeing R160s. Soon, (C) trains will be running at a length of 600 feet, so that means, R42s and R44s and R46s can run on the (C), also full length R32s and R38s if those are still around when that time comes. So, thats it from me about this, at least.

Archived