Bronx Bus Map - February 1995 details

I bought this map on Ebay and it arrived today! I don't have a scanner, but here are some details:

1. Bx1/2 LTD ran weekdays only.
  2. Bx3 late night service terminated at Kingsbridge Rd/University Av.
  3. Bx10 followed the Bx1/2 at Kingsbridge instead of going to Bailey Av and Van Cortlandt Park S.
  4. Bx11's terminus was Freeman St. Service was extended to West Farms Rd in 1998.
  5. Bx12 LTD ran weekday rush hours only. I don't know if LTD service went to Orchard Beach during the summer, but I'll check the pre-June 2008 maps.
  6. Bx12 was rerouted via Broadway Bridge in order to access Inwood. It went to Sedgwick/Bailey Avs and then Kingsbridge Rd.
  7. In addition to that, Bx12 and Bx29 buses terminated at Edson Ave instead of Bay Plaza.
  8. Bx20 ran on Sundays prior to Sept 10, 1995.
  9. Bx24 terminated at W. 231 St/Bdwy after 5pm, weekdays & Saturdays.
  10. Bx26 had an odd service. Regular service went to Fordham Center and ended early evenings. Weekday rush hours, early weekend hours, and late evenings everyday, all buses went to Bedford Park.
  11. Bx28 went to Fordham weekdays & Saturdays only. Generally, it terminated at Moshulu Pkwy during the day. Late night service went to Norwood.
  12. Bx41 LTD didn't exist back then, and there was no late night service.
  13. Bx40 traveled at Lawton Av instead of Harding Av like today.
  14. Bx55 still went to Yankee Stadium. LTD stops were at Washington Av and River Av. This branched route didn't stop at 163 St.
  15. M100 terminated at Inwood/W. 207 St. Service was extended to W. 215 St in 1997.

Weren't there also two branches of the Bx40 at the time? The Bx42 was not applied to buses via the Throggs Neck and Randall/Balcom housing projects until 1989.

Also, when did 3 Avenue north of Brook Avenue become 2-way?

Prior to 1989, yes. The Bx8 was extended from Westchester Sq and replaced both the Bx23 (Buhre Av (6) to Throgs Neck/Schley Av) and the Bx40 Locust Pt branch.

3rd Av became 2-way by February 1984.

Archived