Free Slurpees Thursday (7-11) at participating 7-Eleven stores

Turbo19

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- It's the second biggest holiday in July: Free Slurpee day.

And it always falls on July 11 -- as in 7-11, the date that coincides with the namesake of America's best-known convenience store.

This year, on 7-Eleven day, participating stores will give away frozen Slurpee treats, in a larger cup that usual. Instead of the usual 7.11 ounce cup, the company has boosted the size to a cool 12 ounces.

All you have to do is show up at a participating store from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. (do you follow the theme here, in terms of numbers?) Individual stores decide whether to participate, and may limit the hours of the promotion. Staten Island's six stores have reported a strong response in past years.

Read More: Source

lol... It's lovely of them to make the sizes bigger... Just what we need...  <_<

Normally I'd be in agreement, but no one is obligated to accept the offer. It's one day a year, the item is free, and in this heat it's welcomed by many with myself included.

Besides, the 44 ounce is available if someone wanted to buy it regardless, and the people that would on 7-11 are likely "regulars"

Wow can't believe I'm gonna miss this  <_<

Why? Will you be out of the US?

After working at one and getting all of the slurpees I could get for free, I think I'll pass this year lol

Man, I feel for those who have to clean that mess tomorrow night.

Normally I'd be in agreement, but no one is obligated to accept the offer. It's one day a year, the item is free, and in this heat it's welcomed by many with myself included.

Besides, the 44 ounce is available if someone wanted to buy it regardless, and the people that would on 7-11 are likely "regulars"

lol... No one is going to turn down free drinks... A lot of Mike's out here... They'll gladly drink all that they can get if they don't have to pay for it.  Hell even I'm guilty of it.  Years ago on Madison they were giving out free Tropicana OJ and I took one and downed it once I got to the office.  

Can't say no to free!  Unfortunately I can get free Slurpee's on any day..perks of knowing the owner of the particular 7-11's (That he owns.)

I'm not a big fan of them though, I only really get them when it's unbelievably too hot and humid or after a good day of ballin'.

That's great, you all can go get your free 100% sugar drinks in outrageously sized cups on the day before my birthday, I have no problem with that. But I think I'll stick with water to quench my thirst.

I suppose you're another person who finds 12 ounces to be oversized. No matter, no issue.

And thanks for plugging your birthday, I'll Fedex you a Metrocard or something.

Update related to 7 Eleven, I went this morning to go drop some stuff off at Fedex Kinkos and pick up some groceries for tonight. I was able to stop by at four 7-11 stores today, all of them with no crowds with the exception of the last.

Speaking of which, people were starting fights at the last one, so I can only wonder how much is going down today or some free Slurpees, LOL. Either way I'm going home because it's way to much B.S. this year.

Archived