30-year-old New Yorker electrocuted in subway while peeing

Vistausss

When will New Yorkers get it through that being drunk and in the subway do not mix??? New York City may as well take the title of Steel City from Pittsburgh because this is where the real Knuckleheads are

Hmmm, maybe this can start up a sitcom: The Real Knuckleheads of New York....

When will New Yorkers get it through that being drunk and in the subway do not mix??? New York City may as well take the title of Steel City from Pittsburgh because this is where the real Knuckleheads are

Well in general that's what happens when people don't know their limit on recreational drug consumption and alcohol intake until it's too late regardless if in the subway, behind the wheel, or in the street walking even. This reminds me of a situation I mentioned in another thread where I saved a man from falling into the tracks and getting hit (and resultantly killed) by an approaching (L) train in Manhattan as I was leaving the bars, a long time ago. He was nodding off heroin or some opiate analog (percocets or similar) apparently because I did not smell alcohol on his breath. The guy was about to fall right into the path of the train.

Actually, we already have that, only it's called "The Real Housewives."  :D 

In all seriousness, however, that goes down as the all-time stupid act I have seen.

You would think that after all these incidents of people being killed in the subway,people would actually be more careful? No they think that they can do anything they want and that nothing can happen to them. I see people stand so close to the platform edge it's looks like they are about to fall over but that's why I keep it safe and stand in the middle of the platform.

Well if a person is intoxicated how do you expect that individual to get home? Public transit is one of the best options and is advocated by many organizations. Would you prefer that that same person operates a motor vehicle? I doubt it.

Well in general that's what happens when people don't know their limit on recreational drug consumption and alcohol intake until it's too late regardless if in the subway, behind the wheel, or in the street walking even. This reminds me of a situation I mentioned in another thread where I saved a man from falling into the tracks and getting hit (and resultantly killed) by an approaching (L) train in Manhattan as I was leaving the bars, a long time ago. He was nodding off heroin or some opiate analog (percocets or similar) apparently because I did not smell alcohol on his breath. The guy was about to fall right into the path of the train.

It happens, but hey, it's still better than driving while under the influence. In that situation I'd prefer to be underground than behind the wheel.

Back to the topic at hand, a shame this individual had to die in this cruel way. Now I'm not blaming the MTA, but this could have been prevented. The article doesn't say where on the (G) this occurred, but chances are the station didn't have a restroom. I can only assume the individual believed that urinating in the tracks was better than urinating elsewhere in the station or in the train itself.

Ultimately a unfortunate tragedy that could have very well been prevented. My condolences go out to his friends and family.

Well if a person is intoxicated how do you expect that individual to get home? Public transit is one of the best options and is advocated by many organizations. Would you prefer that that same person operates a motor vehicle? I doubt it.

It happens, but hey, it's still better than driving while under the influence. In that situation I'd prefer to be underground than behind the wheel.

Back to the topic at hand, a shame this individual had to die in this cruel way. Now I'm not blaming the MTA, but this could have been prevented. The article doesn't say where on the (G) this occurred, but chances are the station didn't have a restroom. I can only assume the individual believed that urinating in the tracks was better than urinating elsewhere in the station or in the train itself.

Ultimately a unfortunate tragedy that could have very well been prevented. My condolences go out to his friends and family.

There's always the yellow cab, or the buddy system, aka designated driver

The article doesn't say where on the (G) this occurred, but chances are the station didn't have a restroom.

Had you followed the link to the original article from the article I posted, then you could've read where it was.

"Matthew Zeno, 30, was walking with a friend along the tracks for the southbound G train around 3:10 a.m., at Union Avenue and Broadway in Williamsburg when the horrific accident occurred, cops said."

(http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/drunk_mans_dies_after_peeing_on_7AXR5nZq5OKApg9vuEQGlL?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20Brooklyn)

There's always the yellow cab, or the buddy system, aka designated driver

If you are in the outer boroughs yellow cabs are non existent, and private services are costly. Designated driver only works if your friend or companion has a vehicle and does not drink on the same night.

Like I said, public transit is one of the best options and this could have been avoided easily.

Had you followed the link to the original article from the article I posted, then you could've read where it was.

"Matthew Zeno, 30, was walking with a friend along the tracks for the southbound G train around 3:10 a.m., at Union Avenue and Broadway in Williamsburg when the horrific accident occurred, cops said."

(http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/drunk_mans_dies_after_peeing_on_7AXR5nZq5OKApg9vuEQGlL?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20Brooklyn)

Only problem is you originally quoted an article that was much more vague. This one provides some more info, so thanks.

Still though, no open restroom in the station. Your choices are still limited regardless.

If you are in the outer boroughs yellow cabs are non existent, and private services are costly. Designated driver only works if your friend or companion has a vehicle and does not drink on the same night.

Like I said, public transit is one of the best options and this could have been avoided easily.

Only problem is you originally quoted an article that was much more vague. This one provides some more info, so thanks.

Still though, no open restroom in the station. Your choices are still limited regardless.

Dude, you will do whatever it takes to get yourself home, screw monetary value. If you have enough money to spend getting hammered, you will have enough pocket change to get a cab, although even that is a crap-shoot the way those clowns drive....

Dude, you will do whatever it takes to get yourself home, screw monetary value. If you have enough money to spend getting hammered, you will have enough pocket change to get a cab, although even that is a crap-shoot the way those clowns drive....

To each their own then because I've never relied on a taxi, even when shitfaced to get home.

The NYPD says there is no evidence he died from urination; only that he fell on the tracks. Not even sure if you can die from urination.

Apperantly you can because it happened before:

"This isn’t the first time something like this has happened. In 1977, Sang Yeul Lee died by pissing on an electric rail, and 14-year-old Taylor Eshoo did the same in 1991. Both of these instances happened in Chicago. Here in the UK it happened as recently as 2008, when a 41-year-old Polish man who was visiting England as a tourist, relieved himself on the third rail at Vauxhall Station, South London. Needless to say he was also killed."

The dude got what he deserved. Nature calls yes, but is it worth risking your life to take a piss?

Can they find another place that's not the third rail?  -_-

Alright, so the guy should have just pissed on the platform instead?

Alright, so the guy should have just pissed on the platform instead?

Better then watching a person die right in front of you, just sayin. Though a bathroom at a restaurant or some place could of prevented this, but common sense is all but gone in this country.

Archived