Unable To View Forums From Work

40MntVrn

Question

4 answers to this question

That error has to do with an IP Ban, not just an account ban. So, either your office is using an IP that once held an active account on these forums, then got banned, or someone in your office is banned from these forums.

To add through a software filter if the network administrator firewalled that address which is apparently static IP address. The network administrator at your place of work will have to reset it but I would not suggest you try to ask him because now you are getting into office politics. If you can though, you can find a dynamic ip address, resetting it through the command prompt or through internet options connect to a different DNS server  but I am unsure of the permissions at your workstation and the company policy regarding internet usage at your job.

Best way around it is to gain a modem that is wireless and can connect to a separate network via a hotspot then post away using your laptop at your own time because it is your property not the company. Yeah the IT industry can be a freaking zoo, take it from me, a man who will be a nurse a year or so from now....

Archived