George Zimmerman acquitted of murder in Trayvon Martin shooting death

Orion VII 4 Life

If you really think there is true mainstream liberal media, you really live in a self-dug hole of ignorance.

If you deny there's a mainstream liberal media, you are ignorant and in denial of something that is a FACT and a very obvious one at that. Please seek help.

After all, you libs love to point out how conservative FOX is!

PS the downvote was by accident, sorry about that.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah  i think we should close this thread cause its becoming a flame war saying the media is biased one way or another and  others are insulting those by saying they are mental and need jelp ... 

:Lock:  :Lock:  :Lock:  :Lock:

on the other hand i have a family member on my dad's side who is an nypd esu officer who's insulting me on facebook about my opinion with the verdict to where he's dropped a few swear words and stuff and insults me by saying im a sheep with the bahhh bahhhh crap and i get accused of shooting my mouth off.  no im not butthurt im heated cause he was the one who started this crap. and if i post something again and he comes and comments  do i have the right to tell him off and say it is my gd right to post what i want on my page?  and he's trying to hang it over my head cause i took a jab online at the nypd cause they were out of control at some event (don't remember).  and no i didn't delete my pro trayvon postings etc  

Getting this topic on track again, I heard Trayvon's family is trying to sue Zimmerman in civil court now. 

George Zimmerman's business with the criminal court in Florida may be done, but a federal civil rights investigation remains open, and legal experts say he could face a civil suit.

A federal investigation into the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin is underway, and prosecutors from the Justice Department's civil rights division will review evidence from the FBI and the Florida criminal trial, the Justice Department said Sunday in a written statement.

Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer in a gated townhouse community in Sanford, Fla., shot and killed Trayvon on Feb. 26, 2012, as he returned home from buying snacks at a convenience store. Zimmerman, who is Hispanic, claimed he shot the unarmed African-American teenager in self-defense.

Source

He may not be a "free man", but he's not getting raped in prison and can do as he pleases. Though he obviously will have to live his life like Casey Anthony at this point.

do you think (what some people say are smug tv shows) like jerry springer(but was a rumor that made jerry him self mad) will come calling for zimmerman with offers etc..

do you think (what some people say are smug tv shows) like jerry springer(but was a rumor that made jerry him self mad) will come calling for zimmerman with offers etc..

They were with Casey Anthony, I recall one magazine/paper offering $100k for her to show up and she never did.

If he takes any offers it won't be from a show like Springer with a studio audience. He was on Hannity last year, I can see him possibly doing an interview with him or someone else.

What a shame...

The Baltimore Sun reported Monday evening that police are now investigating a witness’ story about a group of young blacks beating a Hispanic man while yelling “This is for Trayvon.” According to the witness, real estate agent Christina Dudley, she was walking to her car just before 9 p.m. on Sunday evening when she saw several young black men and two black females chasing a 37-year-old Hispanic man. “One of the boys had a handgun out and it was pointed at the back of him,” said Dudley. The group of young blacks caught up to the Hispanic man, and the man with the gun beat the victim with the gun while the others kicked and stomped on him, according to Dudley.

“They were just yelling and calling him names as they ran after him, but once they were hitting him and after that they started yelling, ‘This is for Trayvon, [expletive],” said Dudley. She said they chanted that refrain repeatedly. Dudley said she and another woman told the group that they would call 911; the group then scattered.

The police talked with the victim using a translator. He said that he was standing in an intersection when a group of five black males came up to him. He said all were between the ages of 16 and 18, and that one with a mohawk said to him, “What’s up, [expletive].” When he pulled his cellphone to his ear to call 911, the man then pulled up his shirt to expose a silver gun. The victim then ran until he was caught and beaten, sustaining abrasions to his arms.

Police are on the lookout for the suspects, three of whom are listed as “skinny” and another of whom is listed as overweight.

“Everyone in the neighborhood is well aware of the situation, but my concern is that we have a very large Hispanic population and many of them might not have Internet connection or they aren’t on that page,” Dudley stated.

Read more at http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/07/15/Witness-Baltimore-blacks-beating

Lol, Breitbart? He comes (came 'cause he's dead) from the same mold as Alex Jones. Title of the article says "Baltimore Witness: Group of Blacks Beat Hispanic Man, Yelling 'This Is For Trayvon", but link says "Witness Baltimore Blacks Beating". You just have to look at the comments to see what shit that website comes out with. It's not that far off from Infowars.

The individuals that partook in that beating are not representative of any majority. To assume so is foolish.

I never said they were. It's a shame that there are such racist individuals who would so something like that.

Lol, Breitbart? He comes (came 'cause he's dead) from the same mold as Alex Jones. Title of the article says "Baltimore Witness: Group of Blacks Beat Hispanic Man, Yelling 'This Is For Trayvon", but link says "Witness Baltimore Blacks Beating". You just have to look at the comments to see what shit that website comes out with. It's not that far off from Infowars.

Infowars is for conspiracy nuts. Breitbart doesn't spread that shit, hell that's about as far away from a conspiracy nut site as it gets.

Also that's just how the link came out, it works like that on a shit ton of news sites.

I never said they were. It's a shame that there are such racist individuals who would so something like that.

Infowars is for conspiracy nuts. Breitbart doesn't spread that shit, hell that's about as far away from a conspiracy nut site as it gets.

Still, the article could easily be interpreted as something else.

Still, the article could easily be interpreted as something else.

It never says "this is what all the black people are going to do run be scared and listen to Alex Jones and the 'Infowars Team'". If you head over to Infowars chances are you'll see an article saying just that though.

Also that's just how the link came out, it works like that on a shit ton of news sites.

So it shows that blacks can be racist. That's not excuse for Zimmerman's motive or actions.

It never says "this is what all the black people are going to do run be scared and listen to Alex Jones and the 'Infowars Team'". If you head over to Infowars chances are you'll see an article saying just that though.

We don't need to go over there to see that the same people that listen to Alex are essentially one and the same as the ones that listen to Breitbart. Just look at the comments. Same anti-black comments.

So it shows that blacks can be racist. That's not excuse for Zimmerman's motive or actions.

Let's not drag specifics into this. Anyone can be racist against anyone, period. Black, white, hispanic, whatever the case may be. It shows that people (I don't care who they are) attacked someone because they happened to be the same race as a man they think intentionally killed an innocent human being. THAT's racist. And I never said it was an excuse for Zimmerman's actions, the ONLY, and I repeat ONLY excuse for what Zimmerman did is the fact that he was defending himself, and the fact that Florida has a stand-your-ground law which I fully support and agree with. Whether or not you do is your problem, but at least accept the fact that the Court has made its decision and don't cause a f**king nationwide racial war because of it.

Liberals and others playing the race card here is what is truly making this a racial situation. Me? I'm not racist. I think of everyone as equal no matter their skin color. The thing is, if it was a black guy killing another black guy or a white guy killing a white guy, it would be discarded by the MSM (hell all media) and law enforcement and there wouldn't have been nearly the amount of publicity or the amount of effort put into the case, and that's pretty sad.

Dont blame George Zimmerman in the case, blame the state of Florida for having the "Stand Your Ground" law. What he did was in the law reason why he was found non guilty. Question is why did the state even charge him when they knew from the begining that they could not get a conviction. Also 23 other States have this law, time now for people to act and have these States change the law. Defending yourself is one thing, but when someone is beating you up , pulling a gun out to defend yourself brings it to a new level.

Let's not drag specifics into this. Anyone can be racist against anyone, period. Black, white, hispanic, whatever the case may be. It shows that people (I don't care who they are) attacked someone because they happened to be the same race as a man they think intentionally killed an innocent human being. THAT's racist. And I never said it was an excuse for Zimmerman's actions, the ONLY, and I repeat ONLY excuse for what Zimmerman did is the fact that he was defending himself, and the fact that Florida has a stand-your-ground law which I fully support and agree with. Whether or not you do is your problem, but at least accept the fact that the Court has made its decision and don't cause a f**king nationwide racial war because of it.

Liberals and others playing the race card here is what is truly making this a racial situation. Me? I'm not racist. I think of everyone as equal no matter their skin color. The thing is, if it was a black guy killing another black guy or a white guy killing a white guy, it would be discarded by the MSM (hell all media) and law enforcement and there wouldn't have been nearly the amount of publicity or the amount of effort put into the case, and that's pretty sad.

The thing that a lot of people have a problem with with this case is he would've had to have defended himself if he hadn't caused the confrontation in the first place by not obeying the police when they told him that it wasn't necessary for him to follow Martin.

The thing that a lot of people have a problem with with this case is he would've had to have defended himself if he hadn't caused the confrontation in the first place by not obeying the police when they told him that it wasn't necessary for him to follow Martin.

This is the perfect summation of the case. The wannabe "lawman" caused the confrontation to occur. Period. He would not have been in a position to defend himself if he followed the MYOB rule. Mind your own business. The SYG law, as written, is a poorly thought out abomination from a legal standpoint. Let's say that instead of Trayvon walking his father was being followed. Mr. Martin, a legal resident of the community, had a legal right to blow Georgie boys keister into a hundred pieces by claiming he felt threatened. Those who defend the law obviously never thought the whole thing through, IMO. As I said before I find no fault with the verdict as such. The problem is the law itself. This is the 21st century and Wyatt Earp, Dodge City, the OK Corral, are supposed to be history. Carry on.

This is the perfect summation of the case. The wannabe "lawman" caused the confrontation to occur. Period. He would not have been in a position to defend himself if he followed the MYOB rule. Mind your own business. The SYG law, as written, is a poorly thought out abomination from a legal standpoint. Let's say that instead of Trayvon walking his father was being followed. Mr. Martin, a legal resident of the community, had a legal right to blow Georgie boys keister into a hundred pieces by claiming he felt threatened. Those who defend the law obviously never thought the whole thing through, IMO. As I said before I find no fault with the verdict as such. The problem is the law itself. This is the 21st century and Wyatt Earp, Dodge City, the OK Corral, are supposed to be history. Carry on.

That's my main issue also.  The verdict is correct, but the law itself is clearly flawed.  I don't have a problem with people being able to arm themselves, but ANYONE can claim at anytime that they feel threatened by another individual to justify shooting that person even if there is no real perceived threat, including them instigating the so called threat.  

I was reading the NY Daily News an hour ago (hard copy) and noticed the headlines regading the Zimmerman case. According to the article, the president made his comments on this overall verdict involving Zimmerman and Martin according to Business Insider:

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-verdict-2013-7

"Another way of saying that is, Trayvon Martin could've been me, 35 years ago," Obama said.

Obama also touched on his own experiences with racial profiling growing up.

"There are very few African-American men who haven't had the experience of being followed in a department store — that includes me," Obama said.

Obama said that he and his staff are "bouncing around ideas" about how to move forward on issues of racial profiling. He called for a review of so-called "stand your ground" laws, a position backed by Attorney General Eric Holder

"If Trayvon Martin was of age and he was armed, could he have 'stood his ground' on that sidewalk?" Obama said.

He added: "If a white male teen was involved in the same kind of scenario, from top to bottom, both the outcome and the aftermath might have been different."

As far as a "national conversation on race" — for which some politicians have called in the wake of the verdict — Obama said that in his experience, it hasn't been "very productive."

He closed his statement by saying that that he didn't want the nation to "lose sight" of the fact that there has been racial progress in America. 

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-verdict-2013-7#ixzz2Zcj18Jv5

Now the significance of this is the fact that it is rare for Obama to make comments in regards to race relations. So fo him to make statements such as this to me speaks volumes regardless of who agrees or disagrees with his policies as president in general, involving foreign or domestic policies. Because regardless of whose parties we support, apparently this issue hits home all the way to the White House. 

Thoughts on this?

I was reading the NY Daily News an hour ago (hard copy) and noticed the headlines regading the Zimmerman case. According to the article, the president made his comments on this overall verdict involving Zimmerman and Martin according to Business Insider:

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-verdict-2013-7

Now the significance of this is the fact that it is rare for Obama to make comments in regards to race relations. So fo him to make statements such as this to me speaks volumes regardless of who agrees or disagrees with his policies as president in general, involving foreign or domestic policies. Because regardless of whose parties we support, apparently this issue hits home all the way to the White House.

Thoughts on this?

That comment of his is disgraceful...

Archived