New Photos from Red Bank NJ 8/16/2008

Eric Kreszl

Awesome photos!

Nice catch with the comet 3 cab car!

That long multilevel train of 9-10 cars is becoming a more and more common site along :nec: and :njc:.

Was the HEP gone on one of those diesels, or is it a deadhead for bay head train?

- Andy

Awesome photos!

Nice catch with the comet 3 cab car!

That long multilevel train of 9-10 cars is becoming a more and more common site along :nec: and :njc:.

Was the HEP gone on one of those diesels, or is it a deadhead for bay head train?

- Andy

Hello,

Train X233 is a Non Revenue Fueling train. The train goes up in the Morning with 2 or 3 locomotives to either Hoboken or the MMC and returns to Bay Head in the afteroon. The train was obviously returning to Bay Head. The train is scheduled but it does not make any passenger stops. I was also surprised about the Comet III Cab Car at the end of that Consist myself.

http://erickreszl.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1282373

Eric

Hello,

Train X233 is a Non Revenue Fueling train. The train goes up in the Morning with 2 or 3 locomotives to either Hoboken or the MMC and returns to Bay Head in the afteroon. The train was obviously returning to Bay Head. The train is scheduled but it does not make any passenger stops. I was also surprised about the Comet III Cab Car at the end of that Consist myself.

http://erickreszl.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1282373

Eric

Ohh ok, makes sense now. I know they often move them between MMC and long branch or bay head for power, especially if HEP is acting up on a loco set for a scheduled passenger run.

I wonder how long the comet 3 cab cars have till they are converted into trailers. That extra end door would be very useful so they don't always have to be so specific in how they park them when they assemble the consist. The last comet 3 cab car i saw i took photos of, no sure if i posted them here or not, but it was strange to have an old cab car facing the wrong way hooked to the alp-46!!!

- Andy

Hey! What time were you taking those photos? Especially that one with ALP-46 4620 pulling that ML set. I was on that train for the 5:09 out of Long Branch.

BTW, excellent photos!

I was in Red Bank until after 3:00. Train X233 made his appearance a few minutes after 3:00pm and then I left.

Eric

Archived