Coat Got Pulled Bug In Ear R160's on the Fox this week?

RTOMan

It's not a thing of will we see R160's on the (F)ox, it's a thing of how long it lasts.

I can't see the (E) riders letting this one fly. Everytime new cars come they get shafted. That's probably one of the few lines where regular riders notice the difference in cars. R32's and R42's aren't going to cut it anymore.The R46's on the (E) seem like it was just done after that article about the bad A/C's. I haven't since one this week.

If it came down to the (D) and (F) for which line was going to test R160's next, the (D) would have been smarter IMO. Hopefully the (D) or (E) is next.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't see the (E) riders letting this one fly. Everytime new cars come they get shafted. That's probably one of the few lines where regular riders notice the difference in cars. R32's and R42's aren't going to cut it anymore.The R46's on the (E) seem like it was just done after that article about the bad A/C's. I haven't since one this week.

Hmph, yeah, (E) riders aren't going to be happy about this. They have the old R32s, which are bumpy and some of which have no A/C, and they see a brand new R160 (F)... IMHO, the (A)(C)(E) desperately need NEW cars, not hand-me-downs from other lines. They've had the oldest cars for years. And that's including the R10s in 1989. Seems to me that whenever the (MTA) gets new cars they get stiffed.

Hmmmm.....R160s on the (F) happening alot sooner than I thought.

Wonder when the R160s actually get assigned to Jamaica.....possibly around the time I expected R160s to hit the (F) anyway.....

The next line to get assigned R160s should be a shocker to some people.....no, not the (:P.....unless things change of course.....

Hmmmm.....R160s on the (F) happening alot sooner than I thought.

Wonder when the R160s actually get assigned to Jamaica.....possibly around the time I expected R160s to hit the (F) anyway.....

The next line to get assigned R160s should be a shocker to some people.....no, not the (:P.....unless things change of course.....

You mean after the (F)? I would assume the (D) would be next

Watch it be the (R) for no reason:)

Then I'll just wait and see what happens. I kind of don't really want to know, hearing they'll be on the (F) instead of the (D) or (E) is a big enough letdown. Next they'll be on the (G) and (V)....

Does it sound like they are phasing out the R32's on the E and F lines altogether as the R46 will be moved to the (E) line as R160 are placed on the (F)?

Kind of weird they would run R42, and R46 on the (E).

I took the (F) just recently and without warning they changed the train from local to express so I had to get off then take the next train at the station just to get to the next stop. There was no work schedule done and it bewilders my mind as to why this would be done.

At any rate, my guess is the (E) won't see the R32's anymore as they will get more R46 onboard.

If R160's are going to the (F) it likely will replace the existing (E) sets that run on the (F) at first since there aren't that many R32's running on the (F).

OMG....finally the (F) is getting the R-160's about time....sorry the R-46's on the (F) were boring and I got sick of seeing them on there. I don't have any problems with the R-32's being on the (F). Looks like Queens Blvd and 6th Avenue is going to have a diversity of trains!

(F) Coney Island

(F) 63 St/6 Av Lcl

(F) Culver Lcl

This is a Manhattan bound (F) train TheNextStopIs Parsons Blvd. Stand Clear Of The Doors Please=awesoneness:D

I assume that the extra 60 cars from Alstom(which there is a 10-car set running on the N train) will most likely be going to the F train which means that Jamaica Yard will get 360 Alstom cars plus those 60 extra making a total of 420 cars for Jamaica Yard and the F train.

I still think the (E) is getting stiffed. It's had the R32s for how long? Granted, the R32s run well on the (E), but I don't appreciate it that the (E) is only getting hand-me-downs from other lines after it has run the oldest cars in the system for so long. The R160s would be much better used there.

But like someone said about a month previously, this is the (MTA), "where anything happens and anything goes!"

Wow, this is crazy. I heard that the (F) would get them in the future but I didn't think it was in the near future. It'll be a good look on the (F) but I would really like to see them on the (D), even though the 68's kick ass on that line and I think the (E) deserves them more but it is what it is and the (F)'s not bad at all. I can't wait to see the first pictures and to eventually ride them on the (F). Thanks for the info RTO Man.

The rest of the R32 will likely be scrapped as more orders will come in.

The R42's will be the last train phased out which are moving to the (E) right now.

So it looks as though the (F) will be R46 and R160, and the (E) will be R42 and R46. The R42's won't be phased out till option order 2 comes out which is the next 420 cars after the existing orders.

The R46 from the (V) and (G) will probably move to the (E) or (F) after those start to roll.

For the R160's on the Queens Boulevard line, it looks like they are finally just starting to hit for 2008 till 2009 and it will increase till the line is fully R160/R179 as we go forward.

The (A), (C) and (E) have the oldest cars right now. The R46's on the (G) and (V) will just be moved to other lines if R160 moves to the lines.

are the r46s an endangered species as well?

Trains to replace the R44 or R46 have not even been ordered yet to start to phase them out. When all the known orders are in, including Option 2, all cars from the R44 and up will be in service since R42's will be phased out after Option 2.

It will take more man years to phase out all the subway cars that are old and replace them with the newer cars.

Will be nice once we can get past the R32's since they generate so much noise and have busted A/C's to boot.

Eventually NYC will have all modern cars and a young fleet.

As for how long the R46's will last, speculation is till 2015 which is 7 years. I am just repeating what wikipedia has said. Whether it is 7 or 15 years doesn't matter, the fact is it will be with us for a long time to come.

It looks like (E) will be R42, R46, (F) will be R46, R160

Then as the R42's are phased out after option 2, the (E) will be R46, R160 along with the (F)

That is my guess. So look for the R32's on the (E) + (F) to diminish and disappear.

R32s on the (F) may diminish slowly, but you might see more on the (R)

R32's are going to be reefed and will be phased out altogether evemtually. As for the movement of R32's before final resting place, who knows. If more do get moved to other Queens Blvd lines, they will be there only a short period of time till they get phased out.

It all depends on how fast R160 orders come in and how many R160's they allocate to the (F).

Let us wait till we see a R160 on the (F) line before anything

Phase I R32's won't last that much longer. Phase II's that are still around are a very endangered species. :P

Archived