Coat Got Pulled Bug In Ear R160's on the Fox this week?

RTOMan

The plan is the (E) to not see R160s, but it doesn't stratches the possibilty of it happening. Pending how many Jamaica end up with, because R160s are only going to be there to fill the (F) and thats it.

I hope so. It might sound silly but i'm not ready for the (E) to get NTT. I like sitting in those 2 tone retromobile cars with their mellow beige and orange seats and corrugated sides. It's like pa1-3 cars but nicer.

- Andy

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You mean the R160s are based out of Ave. X, not the (F) line.

At any rate has anyone actually seen a R160 on the (F) yet?

Looks like tons of new cars are being delivered.

The truth of the matter is, what counts is working A/C on the subway cars for the summer and right now R32 + R42 both have busted A/C on the lines.

The quicker the R160's come in the better. R32 and R42 need to be phased out as soon as possible with movement of other cars on the lines and the addition of R160's.

The MTA should find corporate donors to rehabilitate all the stations. It can be done.

We both agree. With modernized stations combined with the new R160 cars, things will be very nice. That video of more R160's arriving makes me realize its all happening every time a new train is delivered and an old train is reefed.

The truth of the matter is, what counts is working A/C on the subway cars for the summer and right now R32 + R42 both have busted A/C on the lines.

The quicker the R160's come in the better. R32 and R42 need to be phased out as soon as possible with movement of other cars on the lines and the addition of R160's.

The MTA should find corporate donors to rehabilitate all the stations. It can be done.

Having corps. help fund station rehab is a great idea and should really be pushed for, as for the r160's i have yet to have seen it yet now there being spotted on the (A), according to another thread.

Having corps. help fund station rehab is a great idea and should really be pushed for, as for the r160's i have yet to have seen it yet now there being spotted on the (A), according to another thread.

Interesting developments.

- Andy

We both agree. With modernized stations combined with the new R160 cars, things will be very nice. That video of more R160's arriving makes me realize its all happening every time a new train is delivered and an old train is reefed.

yeah, the big corporations should help out in rehabbing the stations

itz possible...

alstom is yet to deliver the A2's

Of coruse im miffed a bit went asking around about those R160's that was supposed to go on the (F)ox and i got the run around.

Something happened me thinks but since they are qualifying the (F)ox crews still i say give it a month somebody mentioned at 60 car Order thats still left with Altsom that may be the cars that go to the (F)ox.

In other news....

Seven R160's in service on the (J) Line with two more 8 car units Burn Testing last week ..

Also get your pictures of the R38's while you can...:cool::cool::cool:

Of coruse im miffed a bit went asking around about those R160's that was supposed to go on the (F)ox and i got the run around.

Something happened me thinks but since they are qualifying the (F)ox crews still i say give it a month somebody mentioned at 60 car Order thats still left with Altsom that may be the cars that go to the (F)ox.

In other news....

Seven R160's in service on the (J) Line with two more 8 car units Burn Testing last week ..

Also get your pictures of the R38's while you can...:cool::cool::cool:

So the (J) is the newest line to get the R160's? Supposedly someone saw an (A) running an R160 so the (A) could get them before the (F). Between the two lines, its unclear if either will get them untill we see multiple R160's on those lines.

So the (J) is the newest line to get the R160's? Supposedly someone saw an (A) running an R160 so the (A) could get them before the (F). Between the two lines, its unclear if either will get them untill we see multiple R160's on those lines.

Yes the (J) and (Z) Lines got them full time a few weeks ago..

That rumor about the (A)pple getting them back is a wait and see on my end.

I work the (A)(C) so if its running I'll know about it. All I can stay it wait and see.

The R160 order is intended to replace the following:

Base order: 10 R-32 (GE overhauls), all R-38, all slant R-40, 110 R-42 (Coney Island overhauls) -- 53 cars for service increases

Option I (if taken): remaining R-32

Option II (if taken): all R-40M, remaining R-42 -- possible 40 cars for service increases

So far the Base Order is not all in yet cause of Alstom. Once the base comes in, the remaining Slants (Were they fully removed yet or in process), and the R38s will be next in line for phaseout I gather and then the R32's will start to disappear and then the R42's after that. R42's were moved to the (E) and slants are being phased out now. R38's are still running I believe? So those are next.

The R160 order is intended to replace the following:

Base order: 10 R-32 (GE overhauls), all R-38, all slant R-40, 110 R-42 (Coney Island overhauls) -- 53 cars for service increases

Option I (if taken): remaining R-32

Option II (if taken): all R-40M, remaining R-42 -- possible 40 cars for service increases

So far the Base Order is not all in yet cause of Alstom. Once the base comes in, the remaining Slants (Were they fully removed yet or in process), and the R38s will be next in line for phaseout I gather and then the R32's will start to disappear and then the R42's after that. R42's were moved to the (E) and slants are being phased out now. R38's are still running I believe? So those are next.

That information which you got form nycsubway.org is a little outdated. Here is what happened so far:

110 CI-Rebuilt R42 (4840-4949) have been retired.

All slant R40s are being retired.

All GE R32 have been retired.

All Phase II R32s are being retired.

R38s are next.

Check my datasheet for more info.

That information which you got form nycsubway.org is a little outdated. Here is what happened so far:

110 CI-Rebuilt R42 (4840-4949) have been retired.

All slant R40s are being retired.

All GE R32 have been retired.

All Phase II R32s are being retired.

R38s are next.

Check my datasheet for more info.

So slants are at pitkin?

da mods are, kid. slants are based out of CI. snap them soon before they will be based out of atlantis.

As of today no R160 on the (F). Seems like it was just a rumor unless it comes by November cause I know a ton of work is going on through late October. Seems like the work for the subway system never ends and has been really bad especially for the (E) and (F) during peak hours for 2008.

Archived