Bx2 Re Routed Perminante!!!

I Run Trains

I was on the Bx2 today and found out that it no longer travels along 165, 3rdAve and Melrose due to work on Melrose . The bus I was on went Straight down Grand Concourse and made a left on 138 like the Bx1....

Now for all of that there's no need for those 2 route if they don't break apart at all!

There's also changes on the Bx4, Bx15,Bx21, Bx41, and Bx55 as well. Pretty much all the buses that goes to the Hub!..... I dunno what those changes are yet!

I was on the Bx2 today and found out that it no longer travels along 165, 3rdAve and Melrose due to work on Melrose . The bus I was on went Straight down Grand Concourse and made a left on 138 like the Bx1....

Now for all of that there's no need for those 2 route if they don't break apart at all!

There's also changes on the Bx4, Bx15,Bx21, Bx41, and Bx55 as well. Pretty much all the buses that goes to the Hub!..... I dunno what those changes are yet!

I heard them the day they rerouted it talking to the B/Os of each bus, they said something about turning on 149st, but now they're going to 138st? I wonder if there's construction on both 165st and 149st. :eek:

I heard them the day they rerouted it talking to the B/Os of each bus, they said something about turning on 149st, but now they're going to 138st? I wonder if there's construction on both 165st and 149st. :eek:

maybe i was on the 1 and didnt realize it lol but i got this off of mta.info

Bx2 Bx15 Bx21 Bx41 Bx55

Buses rerouted at The Hub due to road reconstruction by the New York City Department of Transportation

Effective Sat, Aug 16, 2008

Because of road reconstruction in the 149 St/3 Av area, there will be numerous permanent route and bus stop changes.

Bx2 Local and Bx2 Limited

Route changes:

Northbound

The Bx2 Local and Bx2 Limited leave their regular route at 3 Av and E. 146 St, travel on Willis Av, Bergen Av, East 149 St and the Grand Concourse Service Rd to 165 St, then return to their regular route along the Grand Concourse.

Southbound

The Bx2 Local and Bx2 Limited no longer operate on E. 165 St and Melrose Av. Instead, they continue on the Grand Concourse to

E. 149 St, then run on Courtlandt Av to 3 Av, where they resume

their regular route to Lincoln Av.

Bus Stops

Northbound Local

Unchanged on 3 Av to E. 144 St

New Stops

On Bergen Av at: E. 149 St

On E. 149 St at:Courtlandt Av, Morris Av

On Grand Concourse at: E. 149 St, E. 153 St, E. 156 St,

E. 161 St, E. 163 St

Northbound Limited

Unchanged on Lincoln Av at E 136 St and

on 3 Av at E. 144 St

New Stops

On Bergen Av at:E. 149 St

On E. 149 St at:Courtlandt Av

On Grand Concourse at: E. 149 St,

E. 161 St

Southbound Local

Unchanged on Grand Concourse to

New Stops

On Grand Concourse at: E. 163 St, E. 158 St, E. 156 St, E. 153 St

On E. 149 St at:Grand Concourse, Morris Av

On Courtlandt Av at:E. 149 St

Southbound Limited

Unchanged on Grand Concourse to E. 165 St

New Stops

On Grand Concourse at: at E. 161 St

On E. 149 St at:Grand Concourse

On Courtlandt Av at:E.149 St

Unchanged on 3 Av at E. 144 St, E. 138 St

Bx15

Route changes:

Northbound

No route change in northbound service.

Southbound

The Bx15 remains on 3 Av to E. 146 St, then runs on E. 146 and Willis Av, then continues its regular route along 125 St to 12 Av.

Bus Stops (Northbound)

New Stops: On 3 Av at:E. 149 St, Westchester Av, between E. 152 St and 153 St

Eliminated Stops:

On Willis Av at: E. 148 St

On 3 Av at:E. 152 St

Bus Stops (Southbound)

New Stops:

On 3 Av at: 150 St

Eliminated Stops:

On Willis Av at: E. 148 St

Bus Stops (Northbound)

New Stops:

On 3 Av: Westchester Av, and between E. 152 St and 153 St

Eliminated Stops:

On 3 Av at:E. 152 St

Bus Stops (Southbound)

New Stops:

On 3 Av at:E.150 St

Eliminated Stops:

On 3 Av at:E. 149 St

Bx41

Route changes:

Northbound

From the terminal on E. 147 St, the Bx41 travels on E. 147 St,

3 Av, E. 152 St and Melrose Av, then returns to its regular route to E. 241 St.

Southbound

The Bx41 leaves its regular route on Melrose Av at E. 154 St, runs on E. 154 St, Elton Av and 3 Av, then returns to its regular route to the E. 147 St terminal.

Bus Stops (Northbound)

New Stops:

On 3 Av at:Westchester Av

Eliminated Stops:

On Melrose Av at: E.150 St

Bus Stops (Southbound)

New Stops:

On Elton Av at:E. 154 St

Eliminated Stops:

On Melrose Av at: E. 152 St, E. 150 St

Bx55

Bus Stops (Northbound)

New Stop:

Eliminated Stop:

On Willis Av at: E.148 St

Bus Stops (Southbound)

Unchanged

I see a ton of traffic bottlenecks with this.

The Bx41 twisting and turning along those streets crossing the Bx15, Bx21, and Bx55.

The Bx2 turning on E. 149th Street, that street is one of the slowest streets in the Bronx between Third Avenue and Grand Concourse.

Moving the BX 2 straight to 149th street is a dumb move it make people on 165th street and Melrose Ave pissed off:mad:

Yeah. It makes me have to change up. I usually take the 2 to 165 and teller ave, now I have to take the 41 instead to 165 and webster and walk 2 blocks!

I think the TA's trying to do away with the Bx2 but they're going to have to put it back because serves a purpose over there and people aren't going to be happy. What they should have done was give it the same re-route as the 41.

good to know I'm not the only one that feels this way....

anyway, I don't see what moving the Bx2 from 165th to 149th had to do w/ making vehicular/pedestrian traffic around the hub more feasible....

Ok so after passing by 149 and 3rd, I see why they did the perminant detour, but the detour they gave the 2 was uncalled for. They should have had it follow the 41, but what happened was they turned melrose into a one way street between 149 and 150 going south bound and the 2 and 41 can't go str8 onto 3rd av because of a sement divider that was put there the forces all traffic to turn right! Also going northbound on willis they made that a one way a block before 149 and they also put an extended sidewalk where the 15 and 55 used to stop so now the 15 and 55 stop at the same stop as the 2, 21, and 41 going uptown. They are doing a lot of street work over there.. I think its smart because it prevents cars from speed turning, but it messed up the 41 and the 2 routes badly

This is wierd, I rode the Bx2 twice yesterday, and it went straight to 138st...What is going on? :confused:

Like I said the TA is trying to do away with the BX2. first they cut out the part of the route that makes it different from the Bx1, then they say oh well the BX2 has the same routing as the Bx1 so there's no point in keeping it seperate. and then they cut service back. The whole thing will be if Morrisiana residents complain about it.

This is wierd, I rode the Bx2 twice yesterday, and it went straight to 138st...What is going on? :confused:

When I was on the 19 I saw the 2 turning on GC from 149st. And some running along 149. Also there's bus stops along 149. And they reversed courtland ave one way street so to 2 can turn right southbound.. I dunno what they are doing with the 2, but I see why they are detouring these routes.

Archived