suffolk county bus map

Mtatransit

Don't know how often you use SCT, but after years of fanning, I only been on 3 buses that had copies of the system map on em..... So it is very rare to find em on the buses.... Here in the boroughs, it's a hell of a lot more common (not common in & of itself, but more common to find a respective borough's bus map on an NYCT bus than an SCT bus)....

I never bothered to ask any of the clerks at said LIRR stations whilst in Suffolk for a Suffolk bus map, highly likely the answer'll be a resounding no - Due to the fact that SCT is in no way affiliated w/ the MTA (saying that a little differently, they don't have to carry SCT maps)......

Don't blame you for not wanting to call up just for a map.... personally I think it's a hassle.....

Don't know how often you use SCT, but after years of fanning, I only been on 3 buses that had copies of the system map on em..... So it is very rare to find em on the buses.... Here in the boroughs, it's a hell of a lot more common (not common in & of itself, but more common to find a respective borough's bus map on an NYCT bus than an SCT bus)....

I never bothered to ask any of the clerks at said LIRR stations whilst in Suffolk for a Suffolk bus map, highly likely the answer'll be a resounding no - Due to the fact that SCT is in no way affiliated w/ the MTA (saying that a little differently, they don't have to carry SCT maps)......

Don't blame you for not wanting to call up just for a map.... personally I think it's a hassle.....

I've never seen NICE maps on their buses. Usually they have schedules, but not always for the route being run.

LIRR clerks: only 3 Nassau stations proper have NICE schedules/maps that I know of. (Hicksville, Great Neck, Freeport) (Hempstead is in the NICE terminal)

There aren't that many LIRR staffed ticket offices in Suffolk County, so I highly doubt it. (Babylon, Huntington, Port Jeff, Patchogue, Ronkonkoma, Amityville)

I've never seen NICE maps on their buses. Usually they have schedules, but not always for the route being run.

LIRR clerks: only 3 Nassau stations proper have NICE schedules/maps that I know of. (Hicksville, Great Neck, Freeport) (Hempstead is in the NICE terminal)

There aren't that many LIRR staffed ticket offices in Suffolk County, so I highly doubt it. (Babylon, Huntington, Port Jeff, Patchogue, Ronkonkoma, Amityville)

I find a few bus maps on the Gillig Phantoms, so thats your best bet.

@B35: Not affiliated doesn't mean they don't have schedules. LIRR carries NICE schedules at various stations.

see, this is what I'm talking about....

Never said any of that.... That's a conclusion you've decided to come to because it makes posting such a retort easier.....

my statement:  "highly likely the answer'll be a resounding no - Due to the fact that SCT is in no way affiliated w/ the MTA"

your statement: "Not affiliated doesn't mean they don't have schedules."

I wasn't saying their lack of an affiliation mean that they don't have schedules.... I'm saying it's highly unlikely.

(If I knew that they don't, I would have said that they don't)

Unbelievable.....

LIRR clerks: only 3 Nassau stations proper have NICE schedules/maps that I know of.

(Hicksville, Great Neck, Freeport) (Hempstead is in the NICE terminal)

There aren't that many LIRR staffed ticket offices in Suffolk County, so I highly doubt it.

(Babylon, Huntington, Port Jeff, Patchogue, Ronkonkoma, Amityville)

Good point, never thought of how few (manned) LIRR ticket booths/offices there are w/i the county.... Are there really only 6 (manned) stations in all of the county.... That would tend to make the chances of getting an SCT map from one of the stations that much more unlikely.....

Some buses have them where the schedules are, which are behind the driver on the bus.

Suffolk probably only prints a limited number of maps, and more then likely they are probably all taken the day they are put out. I've taken SCT my whole life and can only remember less then a half dozen times I've seen a system map on a bus. 

@B35: Not affiliated doesn't mean they don't have schedules. LIRR carries NICE schedules at various stations.

Btw people: doesn't SCT have a map on their website?

More then likely however, it's probably safe to say that LIRR stations don't have SCT schedules, Especially when only a dozen or so routes actually stop at LIRR stations. (Amityville, Babylon, Patchouge, Ronkonkoma, Riverhead, and Stony Brook are the only LIRR stations where SCT buses physically stop at.)

LIRR never carries Suffolk County Transit bus map or schedules. Only NICE schedules if they interline.

It's best to request SCT Bus Map/schedules to sent to where you're staying.

Yes Yuki, your better off requesting a bus map from Suffolk then trying to find one on a bus.

Does LIRR ticket office carry suffolk county bus map because I don't want to call suffolk for the maps? Any help will be helpful

To the best of my knowledge LIRR ticket booths do not carry SCT schedules, however I haven't stepped foot inside a LIRR ticket office in nearly ten years so things could have changed.  If you want the schedules or maps before you ride any SCT buses your best bet is to study the ones online or call SCT and see if they will send you any. 

To the best of my knowledge LIRR ticket booths do not carry SCT schedules, however I haven't stepped foot inside a LIRR ticket office in nearly ten years so things could have changed.  If you want the schedules or maps before you ride any SCT buses your best bet is to study the ones online or call SCT and see if they will send you any. 

Both SCT and HART NY sent me map and schedules.

Or, like I said earlier: get a computer and print the map yourself from their website.

Or, like I said earlier: get a computer and print the map yourself from their website.

Which is what I said. I said "your best bet is to study the ones online."  

Both SCT and HART NY sent me map and schedules.

Did SCT give you actual schedules like you find on a bus, or ones that looked like they were printed from a computer?

When I was Smith Haven Mall for 1st time, I left my 2010 SCT Bus Map, so when I ask at info booth, female gave me 2004 SCT Map which she only had.

Also by info booth, do you mean the malls info booth or does SCT have their own info booth now?

Which is what I said. I said "your best bet is to study the ones online."  

Did SCT give you actual schedules like you find on a bus, or ones that looked like they were printed from a computer?

Also by info booth, do you mean the malls info booth or does SCT have their own info booth now?

They give me actual bus schedules that are for taking.

When I was at Babylon Station, I finally got S47 schedule from S47 bus.

They give me actual bus schedules that are for taking.

When I was at Babylon Station, I finally got S47 schedule from S47 bus.

Careful those buses end early if you miss the last you will be hiking to the LIRR trust me you will walk through desolate areas to boot. I know I did it a few times in Suffolk myself. And one missed connection will screw up your whole trip.  No margin for error make sure your bus meets your LIRR train yes I know it is very difficult but not impossible.

Careful those buses end early if you miss the last you will be hiking to the LIRR trust me you will walk through desolate areas to boot. I know I did it a few times in Suffolk myself. And one missed connection will screw up your whole trip.  No margin for error make sure your bus meets your LIRR train yes I know it is very difficult but not impossible.

Or you can just call a cab to get you to LIRR. That's a bit expensive but if it's that long of a walk then it might be the better option.

While we're at it, I went with a friend to travel Suffolk one day via the bus. Actually the reverse happened. The LIRR was late, and on top of that, I couldn't find the S66 stop, only to find out at the time it left that it was blocks north. I tried to go on schedule, and I made time for that, but because of my friend, I ended taking a detour (because it was necassery) so I had to at the last minute reschedule the entire trip following.

I couldn't find the S66 stop

This is one of the sticking points when I plan SCT trips. Sometimes the stops are visible in Google Street View (Riverhead LIRR) but sometimes they're not. (Port Jeff LIRR, Greenport LIRR) I feel like when I actually go out into the field I'm going to be spending an inordinate amount of time trying to find an unsigned/unmarked stop.

This is one of the sticking points when I plan SCT trips. Sometimes the stops are visible in Google Street View (Riverhead LIRR) but sometimes they're not. (Port Jeff LIRR, Greenport LIRR) I feel like when I actually go out into the field I'm going to be spending an inordinate amount of time trying to find an unsigned/unmarked stop.

Wow, SCT should really work on that.

Archived