Automatically logged in

GojiMet86

Question

Background: I log in from my computer, my laptop, and my phone, all using Chrome. I never log out from my phone, but I do log out from both my computer and laptop. 

The problem: When I log out and close the page/tab on the laptop, and open it up again, I'm automatically logged in. At first it doesn't show me logged in. When I refresh the page, though, it shows me logged in. No matter how many times I log out, I will be logged in the moment I reopen the page/tab. Even if I logged out in a previous sessions, shut down my laptop, and turned it back on, the moment I enter the forums, I'm logged in. I checked my Chrome settings, but it says that the forums password is not saved.

2 answers to this question

If you never log out with your phone and use Chrome for other devices, it will take the information from where ever you are logged in with.  I never log out of my laptop and my tablet/phones are constantly logged in without ever saving log-in information.

Thought either way it doesn't matter for my tablet/phone as I use Tapatalk with them.

As realizm points, out just clear the cache on ALL of your devices including the phone.

Clear the cache on the browsers *on all your devices* after you log out. I had the same problem, but when I flush out the temp files, that assures that I'm logged out of my account before I shut down my laptops.

This is a common problem, even say if you have an email or Facebook account, the same thing will happen unless you clear the cache contents on your browser, whether it's Chrome, IE, Firefox and others..

Archived